• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble with download controller

EGIBRASIL

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed Downloads Controller v5.2 - MS1 lhaase0217 19 Aug 2005 and everything looks like being OK. :blink:

But when I try to make a fictive order to test the procedure, everything is right with freeshipper and free charger and the order is confirmed, but I can see no download button for my client to download his file product.

Can you please help me to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

Xavier

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope some people are using this contribution... And also hope everything is OK for them... If it's the case, can you please tell me how to fix my trouble, because I can't find any solution till more than a week...

If nobody use it... Maybe it's because it doesn't work properly... In this case, thank to tell me so I will stop loosing my time...

Thanks for all

egibrasil :thumbsup:

Edited by EGIBRASIL

I am using it to some extent. I am having issues with it and it does not work like I want it to. My work around was to install "show no price if ="0" and "PDF Upload" I had to do some mods to them to position the download link the way I wanted it to show.

Now I am trying to fix the 1064 sql syntax error in order.php

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed Downloads Controller v5.2 - MS1 lhaase0217 19 Aug 2005 and everything looks like being OK. :blink:

But when I try to make a fictive order to test the procedure, everything is right with freeshipper and free charger and the order is confirmed, but I can see no download button for my client to download his file product.

Can you please help me to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

Xavier

I recently had the same problem, after checkout everything looks ok except no link and no download button. I had to search back and figure out what I had done to kill the contribution.

In my case I had enable cache (admin>configuration>cache) and it killed downloads controller. Once I turned it to false the buttons and links were back. I also found I had to clean out my "pub" directory and re-chmod "downloads" to 755 and "pub" to 777.

It works again. Hope you can find a solution as well.

I recently had the same problem, after checkout everything looks ok except no link and no download button. I had to search back and figure out what I had done to kill the contribution.

In my case I had enable cache (admin>configuration>cache) and it killed downloads controller. Once I turned it to false the buttons and links were back. I also found I had to clean out my "pub" directory and re-chmod "downloads" to 755 and "pub" to 777.

It works again. Hope you can find a solution as well.

Hi HSMagic,

And I first thank you for your answer.

I've checked my admin>configuration>cache wich is "false" already. I tried just to see turning it to true... Nothing happened.

I wonder why you're talking about the pub directory ? Because mine is empty and all the files I want to turn downloadable are archived in my download folder...!!! Is it the right folder or not ?

I'm actually in production on my local host so I can't see the Chmod for instance...

I'm keeping on searching solutions.

Thank you one more time for your help.

egibrasil

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to OSC myself and have had the same problems with the Downloads Controller contrib. Here are a few things I had to do to make it work:

HSMagic is correct, you must set your chmod folders "downloads" to 755 and "pub" to 777 and I had to save my files to my public_html/pub/ folder before the link showed up to download after purchase.

Two excellent threads on proper setup of Downloads Controller and Paypal IPN are - http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp/t195122.html and http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp/t177853.html

I?ve got everything working fine except for the SECURE downloads issue. My links show up whether a sale has been finalized or not.

Regards,

Taz