• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap w/ Admin support

Same here, followed the instructions and checked it twice.

Clicking on Click [HERE] to create / update your site map results in a pop-up with the message:

Not Found - The requested document was not found on this server.

I used this version: Google XML Sitemaps - Admin 2.2 german

Any hints ?

Thanks

Please check that you have don these 2 points:

upload the file:

catalog/sitemaps.index.php

BUT: attention to upload this precise file and not the file that is in: catalog/includes/languages/english/sitemaps.index.php

Also upload catalog/gss.xsl or it WONT work

upload it directly in your root directory if you don't have catalog directory.

Thanks for the reply, Lukes

I checked and double-checked the sitemaps.index.php and the gss.xsl files and they are in

the root directory. I don't use the catalog-directory.

Result is the same unfortunately. :'(

Wild guess, but maybe the error is caused by the fact that I am not using the catalog-directory ?

Thanks for the reply, Lukes

I checked and double-checked the sitemaps.index.php and the gss.xsl files and they are in

the root directory. I don't use the catalog-directory.

Result is the same unfortunately. :'(

Wild guess, but maybe the error is caused by the fact that I am not using the catalog-directory ?

I'm not using the catalog directory and it functions great for me...

Hi,

I re-installed the whole contribution and monitored that the exact files were placed in the right directories.

I can only conclude that it must have something to do with me not using the catalog directory.

In file admin/googlesitemaps.php the following is mentioned:

$url = urlencode(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'sitemapindex.xml');

The 404-error in the pop-up window refers to this file ?

admin/sitemaps.index.php?language=nl

This 404-error in the pop-up window occurs immediately after clicking the [HERE] link:

Click [HERE] to create / update your site map.

Since I am not a PHP-expert, I am a bit stuck.

Can anybody please help ?

I noticed that in the INSTALL.txt this is mentioned:

4)In includes/filenames.php

Add just before the ?>

// Google Sitmap BOF

define('FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAPS', 'sitemaps.index.php');

// Google Sitmap END

However, in the Install.old.html the following is mentioned:

4. Open /includes/filenames.php

And add the following:

// Google XML Sitemap

define('FILENAME_GOOGLE_SITEMAP', 'googlesitemap.php');

// Fine

Both don't work in my case, but which one is correct ?

I know where the error is but how do I fix it.

"Not Found

The requested URL /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemaps.index.php was not found on this server.

URL /home/wihirt/www/catalog/sitemaps.index.php is the correct address but where do I change this? I have been searching for hours

Please help

I know where the error is but how do I fix it.

"Not Found

The requested URL /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/sitemaps.index.php was not found on this server.

URL /home/wihirt/www/catalog/sitemaps.index.php is the correct address but where do I change this? I have been searching for hours

Please help

I found how to change the URL but that did not help,

Not Found

The requested URL /home/wihirt/www/catalog/sitemaps.index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The file sitemaps.inde.php is there in the correct location, any ideas?

Hello,

I have two on-line shops and in everybody a problem, with the Contri-Google XML Sitemap - Admin 2.2 german, I hope somebody can help me. Here the mistake codes, as soon as I want to generate the Sitemaps:

1. Shop:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/htdocs/v115951/:/tmp:/usr/bin:/www/htdocs/v115951:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share/php) in /www/htdocs/v115951/sitemaps.index.php on line 36

2. Shop:

HTTP Fehler 404, Nicht gefunden

https://ssl-id.de/sitemaps.index.php?language=de

( He has not found the side. This Adminbereich runs here under SSL)

Thank you.

Bye Lissy from Germany

(Vielleicht könnt Ihr mir in Deutsch schreiben-mein Englisch ist sehr begrenzt???)

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem it seems as everyone else i think it has to do with the pathing because i see two // it seems like there is an error somewhere.

Warning: fopen(/www/macroenter/catalog//sitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/macroenter/catalog/sitemap.class.php on line 592

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: fopen(/www/macroenter/catalog//sitemapcategories.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/macroenter/catalog/sitemap.class.php on line 592

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: fopen(/www/macroenter/catalog//sitemapindex.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/www/macroenter/catalog/sitemap.class.php on line 592

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

I have given the link to this post as the official support thread on the contrib area

I got one question regarding some addon that have not been reused by newer version:

Multi languages Page submit mediatree 3 Apr 2006 : this modification in the class file !i can now support multi language pages

i d like to know what this addon add ? just to be able to see the admin page in each language or , it allow to make some google sitemap for multilanguage shops

because you got to tell google that you got several link for the same product depending of the language ?

if it ise usefull can someone add it to the last version and repackage it ?

Hi Azer,

I have exactly the same problem with different languages for my products (English and Dutch).

I installed Google XML Sitemap - Admin 2.2 + Better README dated 22 March 2007.

When i generate the sitemap i only get it in the language i have choosen in the admin, so

only in English OR Dutch. But i need the links in both languages!

The Multi languages Page submit solution posted by Mediatree 3 Apr 2006 does not work for this version,

(i also have Ultimate SEO installed)

Did you find a solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Eric :rolleyes:

I want to save my sitemaps to a category (not root)

I created a subfolder called sitemaps and set the chmod to 777

In file sitemap.class.php I changed line 526 from

this

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG;

to this

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'sitemaps';

Now it make the xml file inside the sitemaps category

My question is "Do I need to change other files (gss.xsl, sitemaps.index.php) too?"

thanks for help and this fantastic contribution

I did not wanted to save also the generated xml files in the catalog folder and give this folder 777 right. I created a subfolder "sitemaps" and I did some minor modifications in 3 files. Just look for the corresponding line :

admin/googlesitemap.ch (line 10) (needed for google ping from admin)

$url = urlencode(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'sitemaps/sitemapindex.xml');

catalog/sitemaps.index.php (lines 210 etc.) (needed for display of generated filename paths)

echo GOOGLE_SITEMAPS_HERE_INDEX . $google->base_url . 'sitemaps/sitemapindex.xml' . "\n";

echo GOOGLE_SITEMAPS_HERE_PRODUCT . $google->base_url . 'sitemaps/sitemapproducts.xml' . "\n";

echo GOOGLE_SITEMAPS_HERE_CATEGORY . $google->base_url . 'sitemaps/sitemapcategories.xml' . "\n";

catalog/sitemap.class.php

line528 : $this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'sitemaps/';

line558 : $filename = $this->savepath . $this->filename . $type; -> drop the '/' as it is already in the savepath variable

line766 : $content .= "\t\t" . '<loc>'.$this->base_url . 'sitemaps/' . basename($filename).'</loc>' . "\n";

line1167 : $url = urlencode($this->base_url . 'sitemaps/sitemapindex.xml');

This will generate all files in folder sitemaps, display correctly all links etc. Do also copy file gss.xls in your subfolder.

Didier.

Thanks for your contribution - i hope it will work for me as good for most of the ohers here!

But right now I'm facing some bad problems - this is the message that appears when clicking the first link in the admin-area of googlestiemap.php:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in <...confidential....>/includes/functions/database.php:13) in <...confidential....>/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

The path in the error message seems to be exactly the same. I found no double entry of tep_db_connect in my includes/functions/database.php-file. But what I found was, that the same declaration of tep_db_connect() exists once in the catalog/includes-path and once in the admin/includes-path.

As far as I can see I cant turn of the tep_db_connect function in either of the two files because of all other processes and files that need the database.php files.

Is there anyone that can help me or explain why this is happening?

Thanks in advance....

Uli

Warning:  fopen(/home/hera/public_html/shop//sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hera/public_html/shop/sitemap.class.php on line 592

I went through both sitemap.class.php and sitemap.index.php

and couldn't find any extra '/' before the word sitemap

so where else to look .. and what other info can I provide to help you

thank you

noppie

Hello,

I would like to know which is the best google sitemap version to download.

Thanks

phpsurfer

This contrib is nice with an admin plugin, but it only generates sitemaps for categories & products. The original contribution from Chemo has more features. It can be run by cron but I think you must have the SEO urls installed.

This contrib is simple and works fine...

Hello people.

I installed Google XML Sitemap - Admin 2.2 but when I try to access to the admin it gives me the forbidden.php, saying I have to contact the web administrator in order to get access. I guess that I have to give 777 permision to some files, but I fail to know which ones. Can anyone help me in this? Thank you!

Hi there,

I am getting the following errors. Can anyone please help?

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array
(
[QUERY] => Array
	(
		[PRODUCTS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 1
			)

[CATEOGRY] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 0
			)

)

[SAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
	(
		[0] => Array
			(
				[file] => /home/mikeang/public_html/reelcuts//sitemapindex.xml
				[status] => success
				[file_exists] => true
			)

)

)

i have manually created the xml files, and set permissions on these to 777. it still does the same :angry:

Thanks

MA

Hello!

I guess i have several problems, but i dont know how to solve them.

1.- In the page that is for public viewing:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/includes/functions/general.php on line 1227

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

2.- In the Admin Area:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/filenames.php:57) in /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/filenames.php:57) in /home/pedro1/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I followed the instructions in the TXT, but i guess it isnt very clear how to install it.

Anyone can help me? im using the version of jonatanvalencia posted on 22/Mar/2007, i have "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" true