• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what the most popular merchant-account, besides 2checkout.com

allvogue

Hi,

We need to setup a merchant-acount, so that we can start accepting credit card payments on our site. Does anybody know what the most popular one is, that is compatible with oscommerce, besides www.2checkout.com?

We are a new website so we would prefer a merchant-account with very low monthly fees, or preferably not any monthly fees, rather a one-time setup fee like 2checkout.com Unfortuantely we are unable to use 2co as our payment processor because we are selling "designer inspired" clothing which is againt their rules.

Cheers

Hi,

We need to setup a merchant-acount, so that we can start accepting credit card payments on our site. Does anybody know what the most popular one is, that is compatible with oscommerce, besides www.2checkout.com?

We are a new website so we would prefer a merchant-account with very low monthly fees, or preferably not any monthly fees, rather a one-time setup fee like 2checkout.com Unfortuantely we are unable to use 2co as our payment processor because we are selling "designer inspired" clothing which is againt their rules.

Cheers

I use securepay.com

I can give you the name and email of my sale's rep - he's fantastic. It is monthly fee based, I pay around $28 and I have Visa, MC, AMX and Discover cards. They have a payment mod for oscommerce which the customer never leaves our site (which I like a lot).

Funny thing is that my sales rep was the one that hooked me up with oscommerce. I was going to install ZenCart and my sales rep told me he'd give me a discount if I use oscommerce - I thought that was weird, as at that time I didn't know about oscommerce and didn't know it was free too.

Kind of odd that a sales rep would give you a discount for using free software - I don't know what his motivation behind the recommendation was, as he is obviously not getting a commission from referring people to oscommerce - the only thing I can think of is that the mod is intergrated that well that it makes less work for them.

Anyway, low monthly fees, sales rep's seem on top of things and I haven't had a single issue with the payment.

OH.. the $28 I pay is for the e-commerce transactions AND a vertual terminal. But if I recall correctly, if I just wanted the virtual terminal, it was like $10 a mo.

Now if only PayPal could be this customer friendly - LOL

My Contributions

Henry Smith

• 4 months later...

Hi Henry,

I am looking into SecurePay.com as well. I was actually quoted a monthly fee even a bit lower then your $28/mo. And the V/M rate was one of the lowest quoted too. Anyway when I mentioned osC to my rep she didi say that they have a module for it, although I got the vibe she wasnt sure, so ill be callign back on Monday to make sure. But your post is good news for me. Tell me did you use the module provided in the contribution section SecurePay.Com Payment Module (USA)? Or did SecurePay provide their own? Or is it one in teh same?

Thanks for your time.

Arkady

I use securepay.com

I can give you the name and email of my sale's rep - he's fantastic. It is monthly fee based, I pay around $28 and I have Visa, MC, AMX and Discover cards. They have a payment mod for oscommerce which the customer never leaves our site (which I like a lot).

Funny thing is that my sales rep was the one that hooked me up with oscommerce. I was going to install ZenCart and my sales rep told me he'd give me a discount if I use oscommerce - I thought that was weird, as at that time I didn't know about oscommerce and didn't know it was free too.

Kind of odd that a sales rep would give you a discount for using free software - I don't know what his motivation behind the recommendation was, as he is obviously not getting a commission from referring people to oscommerce - the only thing I can think of is that the mod is intergrated that well that it makes less work for them.

Anyway, low monthly fees, sales rep's seem on top of things and I haven't had a single issue with the payment.

OH.. the $28 I pay is for the e-commerce transactions AND a vertual terminal. But if I recall correctly, if I just wanted the virtual terminal, it was like $10 a mo.

Now if only PayPal could be this customer friendly - LOL

People dont change, people realize.