• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Shipping price ongoing problem

turkbros

Hi all,

I have searched A LOT about this but no one seemed to find a solution about this.

USPS installed

User ID gotten & put properly

I talked to USPS about it, everything seems OK on their site.

I uninstalled & reinstalled...

But still cannot calculate prices..

Please help on this

Hi all,

I have searched A LOT about this but no one seemed to find a solution about this.

USPS installed

User ID gotten & put properly

I talked to USPS about it, everything seems OK on their site.

I uninstalled & reinstalled...

But still cannot calculate prices..

Please help on this

folks please this is very important to me. I know some of you know the answer

yes i set it to my address

Your address? Or you zip code?

Did you have USPS put you onto the Production Server? Until the do it won't work. By default new accounts are on Test servers untill you call them and have them move it over.

Simply state that you are using the oscommerce 3rd party solution and no testing is needed.

They'll activate it while you are on the phone and it will work instantly.

Also make sure the the USPS module is set to Production (or live) server as well.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

Your address? Or you zip code?

Did you have USPS put you onto the Production Server? Until the do it won't work. By default new accounts are on Test servers untill you call them and have them move it over.

Simply state that you are using the oscommerce 3rd party solution and no testing is needed.

They'll activate it while you are on the phone and it will work instantly.

Also make sure the the USPS module is set to Production (or live) server as well.

Sir,

my ID is on production server. i talked to them they said there is no problem on their site. i set it to production on my site too.

I am having this problem also.

Right now, it just comes up saying there was an error. I have an USPS account & webtools are installed. I have been activated on their production server, & can reach it by sending an http request straight through in a browser so I know my account is ok. I looked through the code & am wondering why in the quote function in usps.php, $method is set to null as it is passed in & then the function does a check to see if the method is null. It is, so it does not perform _setService which then means it is passing on a null service. This seems to be the problem or maybe I'm just confused. In any case, it does not work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

M Newcomb

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. The error simply says "An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations."

While testing the checkout process, I noticed my osCommerce installation does not have my state in the address. It does require city, country and zip. Could that be a problem?

Best regards,

Micah

While testing the checkout process, I noticed my osCommerce installation does not have my state in the address. It does require city, country and zip. Could that be a problem?

Best regards,

Micah

State was turned off in Configuration>Customer Details. That did not fix USPS problem.

two things come to mind:

1 make sure the items you're putting in your cart do not exceed the USPS weight limits (try it with a 1 or 2 pound item)

2 Make sure in the admin\shipping module where you put your usps provided username that you REMOVE the word "NONE" from the password field.

the password field should be blank, no spaces, no nothing. :)

hope that helps.

(now If I could just get my default shipping modules to add up the products weight properly, I'd be happy. )