• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please checkout my latest offering

julianpuje

Having made many changes to my original site, i decided to start again.

I still have a couple of category/products to rearrange/sort out but i think it's almost ready to upload to my live site.

Feel free to buy something and go through my shortened checkout. It's all in test mode so you won't recieve anything or be charged.

Please take a look and let me know what you think, good or bad, all feedback is good feedback if it gets it right in the end.

Note that this is a test site and has no need for SSL, the site it's replacing will have SSL.

TIA :thumbsup:

My Test Site

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Hi,

Much nicer than ur old site.....looks good... B)

Thanks for the reply, any comments on load speed, product layout etc.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, any comments on load speed, product layout etc.

Cheers

Load time is ok , product layout is ok, there is an glitch in the header for the background of your shopping cart info...

Load time is ok , product layout is ok, there is an glitch in the header for the background of your shopping cart info...

The glitch is only noticable in FF 1.5, in IE it work properly - though since more nad more people are using FF, I would still suggest looking into it.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

The glitch is only noticable in FF 1.5, in IE it work properly - though since more nad more people are using FF, I would still suggest looking into it.

Thanks for pointing that out in FF i think i've fixed it now. :thumbsup:

Does anybody know how to create a sub-category filter at the top of the product list page? the same as the manufacturers but with my sub cats in for that specific category.

eg: On my snooker category product list page HERE i have added all my products from every sub category is there a way to create a drop down of all the sub cats showing in my category box under snooker?

OR: As soon as i added the products under the parent category the sub categories that were visible dissappeared can i put these back? i've had a look in my index.php but can't find the if - else statement that shows one or the other.

TIA

Does anybody know how to create a sub-category filter at the top of the product list page?

Nuts, I just did a search on this as I was trying to get there myself but can't vandalise the code well enough. Would love to know how to do it too...

:D

Nice shop by the way...very bouncy.

I like the way the tabs at the top of the page change colour to show if you are on that special page and especially that the checkout changes to a different colour as soon as you put something into your cart.

The blue line under the shopping cart in the header doesn't go too well with the rest of the header as there is a white line between the logo and the tabs on the left side.

The logo as such is blurred. Maybe you could increase the quality here?

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I like the way the tabs at the top of the page change colour to show if you are on that special page and especially that the checkout changes to a different colour as soon as you put something into your cart.

The blue line under the shopping cart in the header doesn't go too well with the rest of the header as there is a white line between the logo and the tabs on the left side.

The logo as such is blurred. Maybe you could increase the quality here?

abra

Thanks abra for the reply and comments, not too sure what you mean about the white line between the logo and tabs...?

I will sharpen up the logo a bit, i tried keeping it as small as poss for load time but I agree I need to increase the definition a little.

Cheers

I made a screenshot and sent you a PM with the link.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

It's still the same in FF 1.5. The search button is still under the input box. Like this the background image gets repeated leaving this line when I put something in the cart and the containing cell gets bigger. In NS 8.1 it looks fine (displaying as either FF or IE). Maybe just make the whole containing table a tiny bit wider or the button a bit smaller solves the problem.

abra

It's still the same in FF 1.5. The search button is still under the input box. Like this the background image gets repeated leaving this line when I put something in the cart and the containing cell gets bigger. In NS 8.1 it looks fine (displaying as either FF or IE). Maybe just make the whole containing table a tiny bit wider or the button a bit smaller solves the problem.

abra

Hopefully i've cracked it now, i've tweaked a few widths and narrowed the search box a little.

How does it look on yours now? it looks fine on my FF, IE and Opera.

Thanks again

julianpuje

MY SITE

This site is now LIVE, so if anybody wants to try out the shorter checkout please enter a test name of some sort so i can see it's not a real customer. Also, unless you want to buy something i would stop at the SECPay payment screen :D

That's it! Now FF 1.5 looks fine as well.

abra

Archived