• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Consistent PayPal IPN Ordering Problem

Dennisra

I have this Consistent PayPal IPN Ordering Problem with my customers. I receive their credit card number but the order indicates they are paying with paypal. There is no expiration date or cvv number with the credit card number. There is no money in my PayPal account from them. I DO NOT get a copy of an order email. The order just gets written to the database with the card number and that's it. I did not have this problem prior to installing PayPal IPN. Now it occurs several times a day.

What the devil is going on?

I have this Consistent PayPal IPN Ordering Problem with my customers. I receive their credit card number but the order indicates they are paying with paypal. There is no expiration date or cvv number with the credit card number. There is no money in my PayPal account from them. I DO NOT get a copy of an order email. The order just gets written to the database with the card number and that's it. I did not have this problem prior to installing PayPal IPN. Now it occurs several times a day.

What the devil is going on?

Hi Dennis,

If the above problem has only occured since you installed Paypal then the chances are you have missed something out when installing the script or made an error of your own somewhere.

To be getting the credit card number and no other details and admin indicating the order has been paid by Paypal suggests you have entered some code in the wrong place and maybe over written some code also.

What version of Paypal IPN have you installed?

Paypal has been a real nightmare for a good few months now, my customer orders still go through ok but they don't get the order comfirmation email anymore and the order in admin stays at pending due to no longer receiving the IPN to switch it over to processing.

Maybe someone reading this can recommend a reliable Paypal Contribution to use? :blink:

Gazza....

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

Thanks for your input.

I have osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/page,14) installed. I believe that it is the official PayPal module.

Here are a couple of paragraphs from the install file. It looks like this is what is happening to me.

"If a premature order has been stored in the orders database table and the customer does not make the payment transaction at PayPal, the order will remain in the database until manually removed by the store administrator. This can be done easily by selecting the "Set Preparing Order Status" status on the status filter on the Administration Tool->Customers->Orders page, to show the current existing orders made prematurely.

Please take care when removing premature orders, to be sure they are a few days old.

Premature orders will have their order status set to the "Set Preparing Order Status" value but will not contain an entry in the order status history database table until the customer has made the payment transaction at PayPal and has returned back to the store to the checkout process and checkout success pages. (This can be used to differentiate between invalid and valid orders)"