• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product can be expected...

mattyb

Is there a contrib. out there that will allow you to assign a timeframe to products when they're out of stock? I want something that will say Out of stock...Product can be expected in X days. I searched through the contribs. but didn't see anything. Thanx all.

Matt

Why don't you use the 'Date Available' field on the product entry screen - this will set the product as non orderable until the set date

Jos

===============

Simple yet Creative

Get Online Web Design : getonlinedesign.com

===============

Why don't you use the 'Date Available' field on the product entry screen - this will set the product as non orderable until the set date

Jos

This would be good but then I would have to go back into each individual item and reset the date available everytime it's out of stock.

You could change the text on the default "out of stock" message.

Go to Admin section, click on 'My Store' and select the 'Stock' option on the LHS.

Now edit the field called 'Mark product out of stock' and change to something like "Sorry, this item is out of stock - estimated availability date is 21 days"

This message will be set for all items on the store that are out of stock.

Regards

Jos

===============

Simple yet Creative

Get Online Web Design : getonlinedesign.com

===============