• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auspost economy zones problem

detriMENtal

I run a store in Australia.

Shipping to customers in Australia works fine. In the checkout it adds the cost of shipping to their location as shown below.

auspost.jpg

Now when a customer from overseas tries to purchase something, in the checkout no shipping options are included. Therefore they finish the checkout process without having any shipping costs added to their order.

The shipping page in checkout looks like this.

auspost1.jpg

So as you can see there is no shipping modules being shown for these overseas customers.

Now in admin, i have the australian post modules (shown in first pic) to display only when an Australian customer is making the purchase. That is, the "Shipping Zone" in the module is set to "Australia". That works fine. Then i have the Int. Parcel Post Economy module (international shipping) set to show up for international orders. Specifically, i set the "Shipping Zone" to "Others" which refers to all other countries other than Australia.

So why doesnt the shipping module show up in the checkout when an overseas customers buys something?

Any help please!

Thanks in advance.

I run a store in Australia.

Shipping to customers in Australia works fine. In the checkout it adds the cost of shipping to their location as shown below.

auspost.jpg

Now when a customer from overseas tries to purchase something, in the checkout no shipping options are included. Therefore they finish the checkout process without having any shipping costs added to their order.

The shipping page in checkout looks like this.

auspost1.jpg

So as you can see there is no shipping modules being shown for these overseas customers.

Now in admin, i have the australian post modules (shown in first pic) to display only when an Australian customer is making the purchase. That is, the "Shipping Zone" in the module is set to "Australia". That works fine. Then i have the Int. Parcel Post Economy module (international shipping) set to show up for international orders. Specifically, i set the "Shipping Zone" to "Others" which refers to all other countries other than Australia.

So why doesnt the shipping module show up in the checkout when an overseas customers buys something?

Any help please!

Thanks in advance.

Load in the SQL file to your database that i included in the contribution for world zones and then select the world zones zone in the admin for each of the overseas shipping options you have selected.

Ah i have finally some what sorted it out.

I have the two zones, "Australia" & "Other". Now i have gone into the tax zones and for "Other" i can see that the recent countries that have not been charged for shipping are not on the list. I added them and now they work. However, i have "All countries" added but it doesnt seem to work. Rather than having to add everyone manually it would be good if that "all countries" one worked.

• 3 months later...
Ah i have finally some what sorted it out.

I have the two zones, "Australia" & "Other". Now i have gone into the tax zones and for "Other" i can see that the recent countries that have not been charged for shipping are not on the list. I added them and now they work. However, i have "All countries" added but it doesnt seem to work. Rather than having to add everyone manually it would be good if that "all countries" one worked.

The "all countries" does not work for me either.

• 2 weeks later...