• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured products question

ahmed5

bump

Instead of bumping your topic. Which is against forum rules. Add more details about your problem. If you did not get a response it could be because you did not provide enough information.

like for istance what instruction #12 is. I have the contrib installed but i don't remember what that instruction is.

It is not fair to ask people to look things up for you.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Instead of bumping your topic. Which is against forum rules. Add more details about your problem. If you did not get a response it could be because you did not provide enough information.

like for istance what instruction #12 is. I have the contrib installed but i don't remember what that instruction is.

It is not fair to ask people to look things up for you.

sorry i didnt know that

here's the step:

Step 12:

Now you need to create the database table that will be holding the featured products. You need to run the featured_products_english.sql file's contents in your favourite sql interface (like phpmyadmin) to your database.

Edited by ahmed5

Hello

i've downloaded v1.5.5 of featured products but when i got to step 12 in instructions i have absolutely no idea what to do. could somone help?

You need to import the included "featured_products_english.sql" -dump (if you are using english) into your database. You need to use phpmyadmin or whatever your service provider has set up for database management. In other words you need to connect to your database directly, you can't do it with osCommerce.

also, does this let you display several featured products on the same page??

Yes it does. That's step 13. "Go to your admin panel and add the products that you want featured."

Seagoofy

sorry i didnt know that

here's the step:

Use phpadmin on your server to open execute the file to add the new fields to your database. Therre is no need to ftp the file to the server. Just open the file on your computer via phpadmin and all should be fine.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

thx for your help,

i completed all the steps but i get an error syaing:

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_FEATURED): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/index.php on line 313

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_FEATURED): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/index.php on line 313

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_FEATURED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/****/public_html/index.php on line 313

Edited by ahmed5

ok i've fixed the 2nd prob but the 1st persists, do you guys need more information in order to help me?

I'm not sure what the problem is. If I were you I would check each step to make sure they were done correctly. If that did not work then I would revert to a pre-featured products contribution backup and then try again from the beginning.

Sorry I can't give you more specific advice as to what is wrong right now perhaps someone else can.

You did do a backup? eh?

I'm not sure what the problem is. If I were you I would check each step to make sure they were done correctly. If that did not work then I would revert to a pre-featured products contribution backup and then try again from the beginning.

Sorry I can't give you more specific advice as to what is wrong right now perhaps someone else can.

it works now :)

however, i would like to add this onto other pages, and soem pages will have different products, is there a way of filtering out some products on specific pages or would i have to create a seperate a database and functions???

Thankyou

(for some reason its not letting me edit my alst post :huh: )

i want to make the display of the products like it is on the right side of my site here

even better, if someone could tell me how to insert the currencies only, that way i could just add them in to the page.

but my problem is, i want to use a similar feature but on sub pages with different products (like i mentioned before) and i really have no idea how thats going to work :blink:

if you lookat this thread here you would understand why i want to do this.

Thankyou

Edited by ahmed5