• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Visitor Web Stats - Support Thread

dynamoeffects

I'm actually having the same problem.

However, it has worked fine; until I applied the "Register Globals 1.4a" contrib and switched register_globals off. Could it have something to do with this? And if yes, any idea how I can fix this?

I was having the same problems with register globals and gettting the http://

I fixed it by altering the visitors_count.php file as follows:

Find

if ($referer == '') {

$referer = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

}

Change to

if ($referer == '') {

// $referer = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

$referer = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

}

Find

$uri = sprintf("%s%s%s","http://",$HTTP_HOST,$REQUEST_URI);

Change to

//$uri = sprintf("%s%s%s","http://",$HTTP_HOST,$REQUEST_URI);

$uri = sprintf("%s%s%s","http://",$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'],$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

Find

if ( function_exists('tep_get_ip_address') ) {

$b_ip = tep_get_ip_address();

} else {

$b_ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');

}

Change to

if (isset($_SERVER)) {

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) {

$test = explode(".",$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']);

if (

($test[0] == '127')

|| ($test[0] == '192' && $test[1] == '168')

|| ($test[0] == '172' && (int)$test[1] > 15 && (int)$test[1] < 32)

|| ($test[0] == '10')

|| ($test[0] == '169' && $test[1] == '254')

)

{

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) {

$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];

} else {

$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

}

} else {

$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];

}

} elseif (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) {

} else {

}

} else {

if (getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR')) {

if (

($test[0] == '127')

|| ($test[0] == '10')

)

{

if (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {

$ip = getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP');

} else {

$ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');

}

} else {

$ip = getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');

}

} elseif (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {

} else {

}

}

$b_ip = $ip;

Also in the visitors.php file

Find

default:

$order = str_replace('AND', 'WHERE', $robot) . $guest_only ." order by ";

break;

}

Change to

default:

break;

}

$listing = $HTTP_GET_VARS['listing'];

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I am running Visitors Web Stats 3.1 and all has been working smoothly until now!! For some strange reason the "Search Engine Keywords for past 30 Days" has stopped working all together.

When I click on the link, no chart is displayed and no list of popular keywords can be seen.

As this is one of the most important reports in the package (in my huble opinion), I would be very grateful for any help if possible? :'(

Edited by pafranklin

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

I've added the contribution and everthing is working fine except I can't get the hit counter working. I'm also running the following contributions:

AttributePercentage_V_1.0

Automatic Notify 1.0.7

date+number to invoice and packing slip

fedex_direct_2.06_ship_seperate

osC-PrintOrder_with_StoreLogo_v2-MS2

PayPal

STS v4.4

UPSXML_v1_2_6

USPS Methods

vvcode2.1

I've tried adding the code to footer.php, sts_template.html and index.php with no success.

Any ideas where I need to pu the hit counter code to make it work?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks Shayne....

Finally got back to this low priority issue and noticed your posting below. Worked like a charm! Flags are now visible :lol:

Now all we need is a fix for the image issue when there is an "Unknown/Lan" logged. If you happen to have this, please pass it along as it is just another annoyance to have a "x" for the picture. Other than this very minor issue, the contribution works great.

Flag Fix...

If anyone is interested and wants to fix the missing "flag" images here's what I did to fix the problem:

Add the following line to catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

define('DIR_WS_FLAGS', 'images/flags/');

Download the latest version of User Tracking with Admin 1.0 Contribution

http://www.oscommerce-fr.info/forum/index....showtopic=32459

and copy admin/images/flags directory (from the above contribution) to catalog/admin/images/

Worked for me!

Cheers,

Shayne

Never mind, I figured it out. I shouldn't do this stuff at 3 in the morning. For anyone else that does:

<!-- Visitors Start -->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'visitors_count.php'); ?>
<!-- Visitors End -->

is not a hit counter, it's the code that makes the contrib know when people visit the site. :lol:

Thanks,

Tom

I've added the contribution and everthing is working fine except I can't get the hit counter working. I'm also running the following contributions:

AttributePercentage_V_1.0

Automatic Notify 1.0.7

date+number to invoice and packing slip

fedex_direct_2.06_ship_seperate

osC-PrintOrder_with_StoreLogo_v2-MS2

PayPal

STS v4.4

UPSXML_v1_2_6

USPS Methods

vvcode2.1

I've tried adding the code to footer.php, sts_template.html and index.php with no success.

Any ideas where I need to pu the hit counter code to make it work?

Thanks,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

The contrib seem to work well but I'm having this little problem:

No visitor or customer are listed in the list until I press the green light for "Include Robot".

• 1 month later...

I have no luck to make this contribution work on my 2.2M2 so I decided to returm to backup files. Unfortunately after removing all modifications I got errors on index.php page

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 316 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 316

AND

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 280 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 280

Because of the errors now my shop is broken, no products are listed

would be greateful for any help

Thansk

Sergei

• 1 month later...
I have no luck to make this contribution work on my 2.2M2 so I decided to returm to backup files. Unfortunately after removing all modifications I got errors on index.php page

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 316 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 316

AND

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 280 Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /home/a/mydomain/www/catalog/index.php on line 280

Because of the errors now my shop is broken, no products are listed

would be greateful for any help

Thansk

Sergei

This error simply says that it can't find the 2 mentioned files, probably because they are not defined in /catalog/includes/filenames.php or this filenames.php file doesn't exist at all

• 3 months later...

Amazing contrib, thank you. I was stymied on how to get it working until I read here about the GeoIP.dat file, or rather the need to rename rather than just upload the Add GeoIP.dat here.txt file. Once that was sorted out, it all started working.

:)

Two days later, I'm still staring at an empty graph. My GeoIP.dat file is empty. Did I miss something? The SQL tables are there, every edit was done carefully, I see the controls in my Admin panel, there is a Visitors link, the stats page shows, but there are no stats. Why not?

What a long way to finding how to make this thing work. I depended on the instructions page, which says nothing about having to download a GeoIP.dat file. Perhaps that could be clarified. :) Now it works, and quite well.

Anyway, I have one question about how to fix something that bugs me on this (excellent!) script. How can I make it wrap the IP address so that they don't cause me to have to scroll to the right on every page? It scrolls the search links, and leaves them functional. Why are all IP's at 100% instead of scrolled?

• 1 month later...

Im having a problem with the visitors-trace table. When i try to execute the sql file i get the following error:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '700' for key 1

I thought that this would be the reason for why the visitors table when looking at the statistics through the oscommerce admin panel is empty. All of the other reports work fine though.

Sorry if i haven't phrased this correctly, if you are unsure, please ask what is confusing you and i'll try to re-phrase it better.

Thanks for any help!

I've noticed that Visitor Web Stats over the last 2 days is nolonger recognising the Yahoo bot, the reference now seems to be:

rz502422.crawl.yahoo.net

rz502521.crawl.yahoo.net

rz502495.crawl.yahoo.net

etc

Anyone know what entry is needed in includes/spider.txt for it to be recognised?

Also I notice yesterday I had a lot of entries for:

cache-los-ac01.proxy.aol.com

cache-los-aa07.proxy.aol.com

cache-los-ab10.proxy.aol.com

etc.

Looking at 2 Yahoo bot ip addresses:

74.6.20.163 is being recognised as a bot and the browser language is registered as [unknown]

74.6.18.159 is not recognised as a bot and the browser language is registered as en-us,en;q=0.5

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have read thru the posts here but i cant seem to find the answer to my problem it all seems to be working with the exception of the pages visited there is never anything there when i try to see what pages the visitors went to it does show a count but i see were they went

• 2 months later...

Hey all - I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced slow connected times using this contribution?

I've been using the contribution for over a year now, and have just recently noticed that my site is slowing down... Upon investigation, I found that one query is particularly slow, and I've identified it to be from this contribution. I've got a copy of this site also running - a "test center", which has all of the same files, but the database has very little information in it, and the query doesn't seem to take anywhere near as long. So maybe it's because the table is starting to get full? Any ideas?

These are the results from my site:

length of time => 0.101127

problem query => update visitors set counter = counter+1, online = now() where browser_ip = 'my ip address' AND browser_language = 'en-us' AND to_days(now()) - to_days(date) < 1

Edited by bobsi18

Hey all - I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced slow connected times using this contribution?

I've been using the contribution for over a year now, and have just recently noticed that my site is slowing down... Upon investigation, I found that one query is particularly slow, and I've identified it to be from this contribution. I've got a copy of this site also running - a "test center", which has all of the same files, but the database has very little information in it, and the query doesn't seem to take anywhere near as long. So maybe it's because the table is starting to get full? Any ideas?

These are the results from my site:

length of time => 0.101127

problem query => update visitors set counter = counter+1, online = now() where browser_ip = 'my ip address' AND browser_language = 'en-us' AND to_days(now()) - to_days(date) < 1

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions...

• 8 months later...

Hi everybody,

i just moved my site from old www hosting to another (the domain remains same).

I export and import he sql carefully, but after checking everything, i found out, that the charts in Visitor Web stats did not show the numbers of visitors in charts-this image is visitors/days in month.

visitor_infobox-2.png

i do not know where is the problem, all the files are just copied, in configure.php i set the right FS directories, everything else is working OK.

Do have anybody any clue?

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I was having the same problems with register globals and gettting the http://

I fixed it by altering the visitors_count.php file as follows:

Find

if ($referer == '') {

$referer = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

}

Change to

if ($referer == '') {

// $referer = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

$referer = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

}

Find

$uri = sprintf("%s%s%s","http://",$HTTP_HOST,$REQUEST_URI);

Change to

//$uri = sprintf("%s%s%s","http://",$HTTP_HOST,$REQUEST_URI);

$uri = sprintf("%s%s%s","http://",$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'],$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

Find

if ( function_exists('tep_get_ip_address') ) {

$b_ip = tep_get_ip_address();

} else {

$b_ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');

}

Change to

if (isset($_SERVER)) {

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) {

if (

($test[0] == '127')

|| ($test[0] == '10')

)

{

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) {

} else {

}

} else {

$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];

}

} elseif (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) {

} else {

}

} else {

if (getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR')) {

if (

($test[0] == '127')

|| ($test[0] == '10')

)

{

if (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {

} else {

}

} else {

$ip = getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');

}

} elseif (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {

} else {

}

}

$b_ip = $ip;

Also in the visitors.php file

Find

default:

break;

}

Change to

default:

break;

}

$listing = $HTTP_GET_VARS['listing'];

Thanks. This worked only when I deleted by the phpmyadmin "visitors" column and created a new one by the "new_install_visitors.sql" file. Also to fix popup's links I used post #48. Works perfectly.

Post #48 says:

find :

in admin/visitors.php

find :

$trace_string .= '<td><a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . $trace['uri'] . '" target="_blank"><font size="2">' . chunk_split($trace["uri"],80,"<br>") . '</font></a></td></tr>';

}

remplace :

$trace_string .= '<td><a href="' . $trace['uri'] . '" target="_blank"><font size="2">' . chunk_split($trace["uri"],80,"<br>") . '</font></a></td></tr>';

}

Edited by proxyloh