• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net charging CCs but not creating orders.

I am using the standard Authorize.net module on my site. Everything is configured correctly, and I've had many people checking out with no issues. Today I had 3 people who went through the checkout, and it charged their credit card, but did not create an order for them.

I get the email from Authorize.net with the "Authorization and Capture", but when I got into admin to check the order, there is no order for that customer.

One customer emailed me, and stated that my site wanted to give him a cookie, and he flat out refuses to allow any cookies on his computer. So I assume that means he closed the browser window or something before he was sent back to our website. I know this used to be a big issue with PayPal payments.

As for the other two people. I have no idea what happened. The one that replied to my email said that he completed the checkout.

I'm running a free shipping promotion and I'm getting TONS of orders and it's going to be a nightmare if I have to try to match up every payment with and order, then email the customers to find out what they ordered and place them manually.

Someone PLEASE help!

• 3 weeks later...
I am using the standard Authorize.net module on my site. Everything is configured correctly, and I've had many people checking out with no issues. Today I had 3 people who went through the checkout, and it charged their credit card, but did not create an order for them....

You are not alone, as the exact same thing just happened to me today. I've been running the Authorize.net module for about 7 months now without any problems until today. The customer claims everything looked normal on his end, we both received the Authorize.net transaction email, but the order never showed up in the SQL database, and the goods he bought are still in his cart.

I'll post back here if I find out what happened. Anyone?

Mike

• 1 month later...

Did you guys manage to sort this out. I have the same problem using Secpay. I have bene using it for several weeks now and then I realised I have not been getting orders through. The only way I knew I had these transaction were from the Secpay transaction confirmation emails.

• 9 months later...

I have been having the same problems with avdw33, with Secpay and OSC not recording the order.

I think its due to people leaving the secpay page open too long and the log in details not lasting long enough. We usually can recover the date via RecoverCarts execpt it doesn't look particularly professional having to ring up customers to explain why their order didn't go through.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have not received any advice or fix on this yet.

I am having this same problem using paypal module@! ACCK!!!! Whats the solution for this?!!?

i also just noticed this problem today, would like to know how to fix

hi there did you figure out what was wrong? I'm having the same problem using the paypal module!

I had this problem with a client's site a few weeks ago. Here's what I had to do:

- Uninstall previous Authorize.net contribution completely. In order to do this, I had to start with a new set of payment-related files (classes/order_total.php, checkout_shipping.php, etc).

- Download and install Authorize Net AIM module from here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,Authorize

- Follow the instructions included in the readme of that module. Forum link: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=199381

Important to note is the first step - installing the AIM module will not work unless your files have been completely cleared of any previous Authorize.net contribution code.