• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shana-chan

HELP! Oscommerce is charging my customers 8%!

Okay, I have NO CLUE how this is happening, but randomly, for some reason, Oscommerce has decided it wants it's cut, and is charging my customers 8%. And I don't know why.

I don't have any taxes installed (I was playing with it for a while, but is that what is causing it? I don't think I was charging 8% when I was playing with the taxes setting), I currently have shipping set to free over $40, and I only have .55 for handling fee..

Can someone please help me asap? I don't know how long this has been happening, but I know it wasn't doing this when I first got Paypal set up properly (which was in January).

Is it 8% everytime, no matter the amount of the order? If it is, then it is probably a tax setting. If it is not, then it may be the tare setting in admin->cofiguration. Can you supply more details like the numbers in thr order (sub-total, shipping and so on) and what it should be?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons