• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Open Featured Sets Support

surfalot

Just a thought:

If you ever update this great contribution, would it be possible to make a combination of Header Tag Controller - I mean that way you could use the field "Product Title Tag" as a short description field - which is automatically updated by Header Tage Controller - that way if you forget to fill out the short description, it's already done for you ??

just an idea

Helle :-)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems no one is reading this - but I'll give it another try :blush:

Everything seemed to work, except in admin\manufacturers.php

if I choose to upload a manufactur image - it's good. Next time I want to update the manufacturer and hit update - the image is gone????

I tried to change the admin\manufacturers.php

This code is from surfalot around line 213:

// BOF Open Featured Sets
 $manufacturers_query_raw = "select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified, manufacturers_featured, manufacturers_featured_until, manufacturer_featured, manufacturer_featured_until from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name";
	// EOF Open Featured Sets

This is what I tried:

$manufacturers_query_raw = "select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, m.date_added, m.last_modified, manufacturers_featured, manufacturers_featured_until, manufacturer_featured, manufacturer_featured_until, mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " .  TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where mi.languages_id = '".$languages_id ."' order by m.manufacturers_name";

I thought I could change the manufacturers_image to m.manufacturers_image - but no matter what I change it too - it won't work

Helle...

I installed the contrib - (must say the admin interface is MUCH more easy to overview that the Wolf version). I can't very well say anything about the index page - because it don't work...

I think most of the comparaments went ok - but, for some reason the index.php page is blank! I've been over it many times. I have a lot of contribs installed, some of them are: HeaderTags_V_2.6.1, Wishlist 2.0, Down For Maint v2.1, Star Product v1.0 etc.

the display portion will be blank until items are selected to be featured.

Yes - it up and running. Did some mods to some of the layout stuff (only looks) *s*

But the manufactur image issue in posting #152 is still there ?

The thought I had in posting #151 - is it all crazy ??

All your explaining in how to install this was very good - but having HeaderTags_V_2.6.1 installed - turned the categoris.php and the manufactures.php into a REAL nightmare *lol* (still not sure it's all ok)

Well - that was one error found - it's still not working right. no products showing and the manufacturers.php / configuration.php or categories.php still doesn't turn on the red/green light when I click them...

if the lights aren't on, items won't display on the client side. Are you using a merge program or are you trying this on your own?

Items to check in your /catalog/admin/categories.php (all line numbers refer to the file in the OFS contrib package).

these items affect the functionallity of saving products, turning on/off featured items

lines 36-69

lines 80-84

lines 92-96

lines 263-266

lines 297-299

lines 339-350

These items continue thru the page and represent the visual portion of the changes.

lines 390-403

lines 425-427

lines 439-442

lines 450-452 (add pd.products_short & p.products_featured, p.products_featured_until to SQL)

lines 459-461

lines 464-467

lines 492-499

lines 508-514

etc. (just search the file for "Open Featured Sets") for the rest.

I've spend hours and hours - and no matter what I do - I can't get it to work proberly.

earth calling.....are you out there "surfalot" ??

surfalot to earth... I'm volunteering my support. I do what I can when I can. If I did if for you, then you wouldn't learn anything :D

Must say it was close to a real nightmare getting the code for Header Tags ect. combined with this code on the categories.php page. All the other pages was really easy compared to this one :-)

that's what this line in the install was all about: **Caution**, although I'm sure this CAN be installed by beginners. I do not recommend anyone attempt this install if you don't have a basic knowledge of HTML and PHP.

I found out if I choose a category and showing product from it, the tables on the index page goes bananas - if the full product description has HTML code in it and I have forgot to fill out the short description - is that the way it should be - I guess so, right?

this is the way it works. If you add HTML to your descriptions, adding a short description is your best bet. I will think abou t an option to remove HTML before trimming the description for display.

Found out a little thing, if I choose this combination - the featured category wanish completly from the index page. See the image from here: >>image<<

yes if you set the category layout position to the same number as the product features layout position. each set needs a unique layout position. This is in the note in the abstract.

If you ever update this great contribution, would it be possible to make a combination of Header Tag Controller - I mean that way you could use the field "Product Title Tag" as a short description field - which is automatically updated by Header Tage Controller - that way if you forget to fill out the short description, it's already done for you ??

thanks, but cross contribution work is always way too much to keep updated. Besides, there isn't enough info in the Product Title Tag.

It seems no one is reading this - but I'll give it another try :blush:

Everything seemed to work, except in admin\manufacturers.php

oh yes there is, please be patient, I have other commitments. this is an issue with the release of osCommerce you are using. please see this bug report for a fix. Ironically, reported by the original author of this contribution.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I'm having a BIG PROBLEMS.... I installed Open Featured Sets....

and everything looked ok, no error so i supposed i installed it right, except that, nothing is show.

unless i turn off the feature set from admin, then only my orgiinal feature box show on my Index.php

other wise when i turn feature set on, nothing is showing, no where.....

do you know what is going on?

im running SQL 4.1

thank you very much for helping!

Hi

It works fine - I really need to change the background color of the boxes shown either with or without shadows - but I simply cannot find that piece of style code to change....?

Does anybody know where the boxes have their background color set from??

Another question.

Is it possible to make an addition, maybe in the database. if you say want to make a "right" or a "left" ajustment to the shadow - could there be a "center" shadow?? I will make the graphic file myself (that's not the hard part to make)

you should have this in your stylesheet. Simply modify these styles as needed.

/* BOF: Open Featured Products */
TD.featuredProducts, TD.featuredCategories, TD.featuredManufacturers, TD.featuredManufacturerWP {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 11px;
 line-height: 1.5;
}

TD.featuredProducts A, TD.featuredCategories A, TD.featuredManufacturers A, TD.featuredManufacturerWP A {
 color: #000000;
 text-decoration: none;
}

TD.featuredProducts A:hover, TD.featuredCategories A:hover, TD.featuredManufacturers A:hover, TD.featuredManufacturerWP A:hover {
 color: #AABBDD;
 text-decoration: underline;
}
/* EOF: Open Featured Products */

the first of the 3 styles is where you add the background color. Google CSS or stylesheets if you need help with that. The second two styles are any text links in the box header if its used.

You can even separate out each of the feature sets (TD.featuredProducts, TD.featuredCategories, TD.featuredManufacturers, TD.featuredManufacturerWP) into individual styles if you want a different box style for manufacturer then you have on the product feature box.

You can make the center shadow and replace the left shadow image with left set in the admin.

If you really need do be able to change them in the admin, backup you database (just for good measure), and run this in your SQL tool on the database.

UPDATE `configuration` SET set_function = 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''right'', ''center'', ''left''),' WHERE configuration_key = 'FEATURED_SET_STYLE_SHADOW';
UPDATE `configuration` SET set_function = 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''right'', ''center'', ''left''),' WHERE configuration_key = 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_SET_STYLE_SHADOW';
UPDATE `configuration` SET set_function = 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''right'', ''center'', ''left''),' WHERE configuration_key = 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_SET_STYLE_SHADOW';

then create an image here: /images/info_box_center_shadow.gif

good questions. B)

I have /* BOF: Open Featured Products */ in my stylesheet, but it's all about font colors and not the background colors.

I have made changes to the original stylesheet - so that all boxes left and right have their own background color - and all boxes in the center of pages have theirs too...

original

.infoBoxContents {
background: #FFF2D7;
font-size: 10px;

changed for boxes in the center of pages

.infoBoxContentsTable {
background: White;

...but nomatter where I try to search I cannot change the background colors of boxes in this contribution?

I have /* BOF: Open Featured Products */ in my stylesheet, but it's all about font colors and not the background colors.

I have made changes to the original stylesheet - so that all boxes left and right have their own background color - and all boxes in the center of pages have theirs too...

original

.infoBoxContents {
background: #FFF2D7;

changed for boxes in the center of pages

.infoBoxContentsTable {
background: White;

...but nomatter where I try to search I cannot change the background colors of boxes in this contribution?

Oh come-on Helle, if you can install the contrib by yourself, adding a backgroud color should be easy. >_<

You have to add the style to the stylesheet as needed. If you google css or stylesheets you could find a page like this.

if you look at section 5.3, you see you can add a tag called "background-color" to the style I pointed out above. If you look a little further down the 5.3 list of option, you see "background". "background" should have 5 parameters, so the way you use "background" in the styles you posted is not totaly correct, you should use "background-color" in that case.

so if you add that tag to the OFS style, it will be something like this

TD.featuredProducts, TD.featuredCategories, TD.featuredManufacturers, TD.featuredManufacturerWP {

font-size: 11px;

line-height: 1.5;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

}

I spent lots of time converting all the hardcode HTML formatting 241 put in the original contrib to make this easy. All you need to learn is CSS styles to format OFS. :thumbsup:

The SQL and center image works perfect

If anybody want the center image - get it here:

info_box_center_shadow.gif

I will leave it here for a couple of weeks

Helle

thanks for that, I'll add it to the next version. :D

I usually get around CSS pretty okay. Using the color code from you only get me to what this picture looks like and the white color does not cover the entire box. The other boxes, like "Star Product", "Article Related", "Customers who bought this product also purchased" and "We Also Recommend" boxes only needed to have the modified style replaced with the new one I made. That is why I searched in your code for the style definition, but could not find it.... and it still make me wonder where your boxes get their style from. Is my explanation better now...

Helle

box_look_test.gif

Is it possible to set this up so that I can have banners with eg 'microsoft specials' then link to a set of featured 'microsoft' products? Rather than all products by microsoft or all featured products.

Ive got it all installed, great its all commented well.

Im a bit unsure exactly how to use it. How do you display featured a manufacturer or category? Or featured products only by one manufacturer or from one category? At the moment I can only seam to choose where to display featured products.

I usually get around CSS pretty okay. Using the color code from you only get me to what this picture looks like and the white color does not cover the entire box. The other boxes, like "Star Product", "Article Related", "Customers who bought this product also purchased" and "We Also Recommend" boxes only needed to have the modified style replaced with the new one I made. That is why I searched in your code for the style definition, but could not find it.... and it still make me wonder where your boxes get their style from. Is my explanation better now...

Helle

Ooooooooo, so you're saying it does not work when you make the changes. :blush:

in a standard osC shop with a standard install of OFS, .infoBoxContents is the next style to try. It should have conformed to the standard box set of a standard osC shop that way. if you have a modified shop this may not be true.

OFS uses the infoBox class (php) to display the boxes. the infoBox class can be found here /catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php. Find the style that is being used and try changing that one in your stylesheet.

If that still doesn't do it, post your settings in the admin -> Feature Sets.

and what feature set is your image from (product,cateogry) ?

Is it possible to set this up so that I can have banners with eg 'microsoft specials' then link to a set of featured 'microsoft' products? Rather than all products by microsoft or all featured products.

sorry, all you can do is select the manufacturer to feature, then you can pick a sort order or rand.