• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Open Featured Sets Support

surfalot

Can someone tell me how to fix the font problem displayed on the screenshot? It is a fresh installation, with no changes but the font size is pretty much bigger than it should...

step #4 of the install doc instructs to add code to your stylesheet.css. This is where you can change the font of for all the Open Featured Sets text.

If you are actually talking about the "OPEN_FEATURED_TABLE_HEADING_PRICE" showing, that is something you missed with the install.

Make sure you added the defines in these files:

/catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, i tried installing, which took ages due to admin/catorgories :(

I get this error though on any page with show featured sets on:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

SELECT distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c, categories c left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and (p2c.categories_id = '21') and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_featured = '1' order by rand() DESC limit 6

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, i really reallly want this working!

Thank you

Becki

Edited by Becki

OK, i tried installing, which took ages due to admin/catorgories :(

I get this error though on any page with show featured sets on:

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, i really reallly want this working!

Thank you

Becki

you must be on MySQL 5

post #57 on page #3 has your answer.

That should do it for you :thumbsup:

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the code! I finally gave it a go :blush: I get this error (4 times..probably because I have 4 products in the features right now)

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: Called with an empty time parameter. in /home/*****/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_products.php on line 196

I added the

// added for New Product Icon contribution
 $today_time = time();
// end addition for New Product Icon contribution

to the top of both featured_gbox and featured_sets. But it didn't make a difference.

Then I added this to the featured products array:

'date_added' => $featured_products['products_date_added'],

But alas... same warning appears :(

Sorry to be a royal pain :-" I looked through the new icon contrib's read me but it seems that all has been done.

If you have a minute??? :'(

Sheri

Sorry to be a royal pain :-"

Sheri

Solved it!!! Changed to this code in gbox

if (($today_time - strtotime($featured_products_array[$i]['date_added'])) < 2592000)

Silly me :P I named the field "date_added" and then tried to call "products_date_added"!

Todd, do you mind if I post this featured products fix in the new icon support thread?

Thanks again for your help! I think I'll add it to all the other combinations in case I change my mind on display in the future :rolleyes:

Sheri

Solved it!!! Changed to this code in gbox

if (($today_time - strtotime($featured_products_array[$i]['date_added'])) < 2592000)

Silly me :P I named the field "date_added" and then tried to call "products_date_added"!

Todd, do you mind if I post this featured products fix in the new icon support thread?

Thanks again for your help! I think I'll add it to all the other combinations in case I change my mind on display in the future :rolleyes:

Sheri

what do you mean "new icon support thread"?

what do you mean "new icon support thread"?

Sorry it took sooo long to get back! (Lost the thread :-" ) The contribution support for "New Products Icon" contribution. I ran across it the other day and I saw that there were post regarding integration of the contribution with other product contributions, but nothing on Open Featured Sets. I thought it might be nice to post the info there in case someone else wanted the "new icon" to be displayed with their featured sets.

Let me know :thumbsup:

Sheri

you must be on MySQL 5

post #57 on page #3 has your answer.

Thanks Surfalot, I carried out the changes and everything seems to work perfectly - It's great :)

I use a gradient image on the header of all my other boxes by using a background-image as the code for the cat box shows below, taken from my stylesheet.css. I played around with the code that you say to paste into stylesheet but this doesn't control the header does it?

.CategoriesBox {

background: #11A8FF;

}

TD.CategoriesBoxHeading {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

font-weight: bold;

background-image: url(images/boxgradientbar.gif);

background-attachment: fixed;

background-repeat: repeat;

color: #FFFFFF;

}

.CategoriesBoxContents {

background: #f8f8f9;

}

Could you tell me if there is a place I could put this code to control the header please? It would be good if I could control it from the stylesheet still ;)

Many many Thanks

Becki

Sorry it took sooo long to get back! (Lost the thread :-" ) The contribution support for "New Products Icon" contribution. I ran across it the other day and I saw that there were post regarding integration of the contribution with other product contributions, but nothing on Open Featured Sets. I thought it might be nice to post the info there in case someone else wanted the "new icon" to be displayed with their featured sets.

Let me know :thumbsup:

Sheri

sorry for the delay, was traveling. Feel free to do anything you want with the modification. To avoid cross-posting or duplicate information, you might consider just posting a link to the page in this thread with a line of description or 2.

Could you tell me if there is a place I could put this code to control the header please? It would be good if I could control it from the stylesheet still ;)

The infobox that is used with OFS is the standard Infobox. you want to modify (or add back in) the "infoBoxHeading" class definition in your stylesheet.

TD.infoBoxHeading {
}

Also, the way I set it up is using the rounded corners on the infoboxes. so you will want to change that (I assume) to no rounded corners.

search for "new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,true,true);" in the module files

/catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_categories.php

/catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_manufacturer.php

etc...

change to "new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,false,false);"

------------

If that doesn't work, then your infoboxes have been modified and you'll need to figure out what class the standard infobox is using. View the source of your output page and look for

<!-- Featured_Sets_bof -->
it will be the first table after that.

The infobox that is used with OFS is the standard Infobox. you want to modify (or add back in) the "infoBoxHeading" class definition in your stylesheet.

TD.infoBoxHeading {
}

Also, the way I set it up is using the rounded corners on the infoboxes. so you will want to change that (I assume) to no rounded corners.

search for "new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,true,true);" in the module files

/catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_categories.php

/catalog/includes/modules/featured_gbox_manufacturer.php

etc...

change to "new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,false,false);"

------------

If that doesn't work, then your infoboxes have been modified and you'll need to figure out what class the standard infobox is using. View the source of your output page and look for it will be the first table after that.

Thank you Surfalot! Added to the 'infoboxheading' class definition, turns out to be the the only one I hadn't changed! All looking good! Thanks for the advice :)

Becki

If I can get this contribution working, I think it will be a great addition to our site. I am not familiar with writing code myself, but am familiar with using WinMerge. I started a new cart with updated contributions to replace an old cart I did alot of patch work to with old contributions a couple years ago.

Installation for this contribution was easy and straightforward. Afterwards, admin looked like it was setup properly. When I pulled up the home page, I saw the following message:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.manufacturer_featured_until, mi.manufacturers_id, mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from products p, products_description pd, manufacturers m, manufacturers_info mi left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '1' and m.manufacturer_featured = '1' order by rand() DESC limit 3

[TEP STOP]

I have several contributions installed but I am pretty sure the one that is in conflict is Product Description v1.5. Its the only one that I added that would have anything to do with product information.

I have a backup of site and database of all my contributions added prior to adding this one. I would like to figure out how to get this one to work before reverting to the backups.

Any suggestions or help to clear this error and have both contributions pulling from the correct database tables?

Is there any way to sort featured products into different boxes per category/manufacturer? I do not want the sbox, or the gbox really, but something like this:

------------------------------------------

CATEGORY NAME (FEATURED)

Prod 1 - Prod 2 - Prod 3, etc.

CATEGORY 2 NAME

Prod 1 - Prod 2 - Prod 3, etc.

A better example:

http://bestvaluegolf.com/index.html

They have different Specials boxes, with each box only including products from a certain category or manufacturer.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something..?

I installed without any problems. All of the Admin settings seem to work fine in "Configure/Featured sets". I'm not sure if I'm setting the products up correctly to show in the featured Box. Note: after I sent up the data using .txt with EZ populate all of the products were in a 'RED selection " Off mode . I needed to set all of the Categories to "Green On" then they were listed in the left menu. But for the life of me I can't find the setting toadd products, and there are only 3 listed there now.

Here is the list of the "Featured sets that show on my Config with there values. :

Show Featured Sets on Store Front true

Show Featured Sets on Categories true

Show Featured Sets on Product Lists false

Show Featured Sets on Product Info true

Limit Product Features Focus true

Limit Category Features Focus false

Suspend Features Sets Expiring true

Show Buy Now Button true

Limit Descriptions by Words or Chars words

Display featured products true

Layout position of featured products section 1

Featured products maximum 15

Columns in featured products layout 4

Words per short description when it's not written 24

Featured products period 30

Choose a featured products set layout 4

Choose a featured products set style 5

Choose a box grouping method sbox

Set the direction of the shadow right

Set the sort order for the feature products. rand()

Set the sort order for products by ascending or descending DESC

Products vertical line height 150

Products vertical line color blue

Products horizontal line color 3366CC

Display featured manufacturers false

Layout position of featured manufacturers 2

Featured manufacturers maximum 6

Columns in featured manufacturers layout 3

Set the sort order for the featured manufacturers. rand()

Set the manufacturers sort order by ascending or descending DESC

Manufacturers vertical line height 110

Manufacturers vertical line color blue

Manufacturers horizontal line color 3366CC

Featured manufacturers period 30

Display featured manufacturer with products false

Layout position of featured manufacturer with products 3

Featured manufacturer with products maximum 15

Columns in manufacturer with products layout 4

Featured manufacturer with products period 30

Choose a featured manufacturer with products set layout 4

Choose a featured manufacturer with products set style 4

Choose a box grouping method for manufacturer with products gbox

Set the sort order for the feature manufacturer with products. rand()

Set the manufacturer sort order by ascending or descending DESC

Manufacturer with products vertical line height 150

Manufacturer with products vertical line color blue

Manufacturer with products horizontal line color 3366CC

Display featured categories true

Layout position of featured categories 2

Featured categories maximum 72

Columns in featured categories layout 6

Featured categories period 0

Choose a featured categories set layout 4

Choose a featured categories set style 5

Choose a box grouping method for categories sbox

Set the sort order for the feature categories. rand()

Set the categories sort order by ascending or descending DESC

Categories vertical line height 150

Categories vertical line color blue

Categories horizontal line color 3366CC

Featured products maximum

Where am I going wrong..? Is there any thing missing in this list...? perhaps the install missed its mark..?

Here is the store you can see the Featured box only has 3 listed. : http://www.departmentstoreusa.com

Thanks in advance for your help

RJ

I needed to set all of the Categories to "Green On" then they were listed in the left menu. But for the life of me I can't find the setting toadd products, and there are only 3 listed there now.

I don't know what you mean by "I needed to set all of the Categories to "Green On" then they were listed in the left menu". I can't think of any "left menu" featured categories would be shown in.

To activate the product as a featured product, you must click the green light on the product list column that says "Featured Sets". Alternatively, you can turn on the featured product from the product edit page. The second item should be "Featured Products: Yes _ No: _". Then a little lower is a date you can feature the product until.

I don't know what you mean by "I needed to set all of the Categories to "Green On" then they were listed in the left menu". I can't think of any "left menu" featured categories would be shown in.

To activate the product as a featured product, you must click the green light on the product list column that says "Featured Sets". Alternatively, you can turn on the featured product from the product edit page. The second item should be "Featured Products: Yes _ No: _". Then a little lower is a date you can feature the product until.

To clearifiy on my first note. I was refering to main menu on the website as it shows to the world. Hope that helps.

Now as for how to add product to the featured box. I removed the contribution it would not work. I could not wait for the reply. I will try it later if I can get some kind of "explaintion" as to how to have more than 3 items in the fratured box.

What you stated was tried, and the controls listed on my first post were all tried. I still could not get it to work... As I ask before. On the list of controls listed in "Featured Sets" that I posted.. Are they all present like they should be. was I missing any..?

TY

RJ

To clearifiy on my first note. I was refering to main menu on the website as it shows to the world. Hope that helps.

Now as for how to add product to the featured box. I removed the contribution it would not work. I could not wait for the reply. I will try it later if I can get some kind of "explaintion" as to how to have more than 3 items in the fratured box.

What you stated was tried, and the controls listed on my first post were all tried. I still could not get it to work... As I ask before. On the list of controls listed in "Featured Sets" that I posted.. Are they all present like they should be. was I missing any..?

TY

RJ

Its always the best route to install complex contributions on a test site. You can really get in a pinch making major mods to production sites if you don't know PHP and are unable to debug under pressure.

the "main menu on the website", you mean main catalog page? There still is no left side anything in Open Feature Sets. OFS displays in the main content area under the main content of the main catalog page, product lists, and product info pages.

If you ran the SQL, all the options are there. Roughly looks right with the exception that you have "Featured products maximum" listed twice. So you uninstalled the whole thing simply because you couldn't get more then 3 products to show? Seems a bit drastic. All you had to do is set the first four options to false and nothing would show. Then you have all the time in the world to get things straightened out.

the following provides the limit to the number of products/manufacturers listed at one time:

Featured products maximum

Featured manufacturers maximum

Featured manufacturer with products maximum

Featured categories maximum

Hi,

This looks like a pretty contribution - does it work with STS and master products okay?

:D

I haven't installed OFS with either of those personally. I can't imagine there would be a conflict with master products, although the admin/categories.php might be a tricky merge. And of course, variables would need to be setup for STS that contain the OFS module for insertion on the catalog main page, product lists, and product info pages.

i seem to have an issue with line 933 (in package file)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop/admin/categories.php on line 2167

only thing is that section of the file wasn't changed...and is exactly the same in both files. I tried putting the package file over the top and don't get the error...

<?php

}

} else { (line 2167/933)

?>

Edited by mpm