• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Define Content 1.x Support

surfalot

this would be correct. is it not working correctly?

Hi Surfelot,

Yes, I have been struggling with it, and it is working now. Thanks for your help

Only 1 issue remaining now. The editor program still not showing up.

Can you please help me with that???

Thanks in advance

Rene

"I'm a little confused. the WYSIWYG is the editor in your admin, not the name of the content being displayed on your home page. Is the tinyMCE or FCKeditor not showing up in your admin to edit the content? Or is it just the content not appearing on your page?

Hi Surfalot,

Sorry about the confusion. WYSIWYG is the edotor I would like to use. I followed your instruction. But it does not show up. Neither is tinyMCE. The reason perhaps is that I have also the editor program "Rich Editor" installed as part of the contri Extra Pages Infobox Version 4.2

Rene

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Surfelot,

Yes, I have been struggling with it, and it is working now. Thanks for your help

Only 1 issue remaining now. The editor program still not showing up.

Can you please help me with that???

Thanks in advance

Rene

"I'm a little confused. the WYSIWYG is the editor in your admin, not the name of the content being displayed on your home page. Is the tinyMCE or FCKeditor not showing up in your admin to edit the content? Or is it just the content not appearing on your page?

Hi Surfalot,

Sorry about the confusion. I followed your instruction. FCKeditor does not show up. Neither is tinyMCE. The reason perhaps is that I have also the editor program "Rich Editor" installed as part of the contri Extra Pages Infobox Version 4.2

Rene

what have you uploaded and where did you upload them?

WYSIWYG files from this contrib? to where?

which editor did you pick and what folder within the editor's package did you upload and where?

if you chose tinyMCE, are you using the conpressor script? Where did you upload that?

(full paths please)

what have you uploaded and where did you upload them?

WYSIWYG files from this contrib? to where?

which editor did you pick and what folder within the editor's package did you upload and where?

if you chose tinyMCE, are you using the conpressor script? Where did you upload that?

(full paths please)

Hi Surfelot,

Thanks for your reaction.

The files that I have loaded to the remote site using dreamweaver are

From the contrib.: Extra Pages 4.3:

Editor files in: Admin-Editor

From the contrib.: Define Content 1.3:

FCK Editor in: Admin-Includes-Javascripts-FCK Editor-oscommere.js

Tiny_mce in: Admin-Includes-Javescripts- Tiny_mce-plugins (etc)

I am not sure (yet) about gzip availability of my server/provider, so I did not load TinyMce compressor script.

I understand from the instruction manual that Tiny_mce could not work as the installation is not finished yet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks in adcance

Rene

I understand from the instruction manual that Tiny_mce could not work as the installation is not finished yet.

tinyMCE is finished, what gave you that idea

well shoot that doesn't help at all.

which editor did you get and upload? where did you upload it?

for example one of my installations I have uploaded the tinyMCE editor here /home/site_name/public_html/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/

which means the main editor file is here:

/home/site_name/public_html/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js

so if I typed into my browser this address:

www.mysite.com/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/initconfig.js.php

I get a block of code that starts with:

tinyMCE.init({ mode : "specific_textareas", editor_selector : "TinyMCE", theme : "advanced", plugins :

and since I uploaded tinyMCE project folder to that same directory, tiny_mce.js is there also.

how about you?

Edited by surfalot

tinyMCE is finished, what gave you that idea

well shoot that doesn't help at all.

which editor did you get and upload? where did you upload it?

for example one of my installations I have uploaded the tinyMCE editor here /home/site_name/public_html/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/

which means the main editor file is here:

/home/site_name/public_html/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js

so if I typed into my browser this address:

www.mysite.com/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/initconfig.js.php

I get a block of code that starts with:

tinyMCE.init({ mode : "specific_textareas", editor_selector : "TinyMCE", theme : "advanced", plugins :

and since I uploaded tinyMCE project folder to that same directory, tiny_mce.js is there also.

how about you?

Hi Surfelot,

What I meant to say is that I did not finisch the installation of tiny_MCE on my site as I am not sure that my provider has gzip compiled.

This is what I got after typing http://www.solera.nl/admin/includes/javasc...itconfig.js.php in my browser address:

tinyMCE.init({ mode : "specific_textareas", editor_selector : "TinyMCE", theme : "advanced", plugins : "table,advhr,advimage,advlink,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,flash,sear

chreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,codeprotect", theme_advanced_buttons1_add_before : "", theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect", theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator", theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,insertdate,inserttime,separator,forecolor,backcolor", theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator", theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print,separator,preview,separator,fullscreen", theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top", theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left", plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d", plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S", content_css : "/stylesheet.css", external_image_list_url : "tinymce_images.js.php", document_base_url : "/index.php", relative_urls : true, verify_html : true, extended_valid_elements : "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|v

space|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade

],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style],div[class|align|style]" }); var tinyMCEmode = true; function toggleEditorMode(sEditorID) { try { if(tinyMCEmode) { tinyMCE.removeMCEControl(tinyMCE.getEditorId(sEditorID)); tinyMCEmode = false; } else { tinyMCE.addMCEControl(document.getElementById(sEditorID), sEditorID); tinyMCEmode = true; } } catch(e) { //error handling } }

Hope this helps

Thanks in advance

Rene

OK those files are in the right place.

so did you upload the tinyMCE files or not? yes but not the compressor?

Hi Surfelot,

I have also installed Nimmit SEF. According to the installation instructions I should turn Gzip off. See as under

Should I de-installate Nimmit Sef???

NIMMIT: SEF

Overview

This contribution will do the following:-

Turn urls from -

(or just have a look at my site http://www.freeriderstores.com)

Normal -

http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...bla&bla=bla

Standerd Sef -

http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php/c...bla/bla/bla/bla

to -

http://www.yoursite.com/product/some_product.html - or...

http://www.yoursite.com/brand/nice_brand.html - or...

http://www.yoursite.com/contact_us.html

Requirements !!

1) Your server MUST have the php mod_rewrite module installed !!! (If you are unsure, ask your host)

2) MS2.2 un tested on any other release

Notes

1) You can't have two product names the same (or it will only ever show the first one)

2) You can't use any of the following charicters in you product titles, category names or manufacturers names + ' " ( I'm sure there are more that will come up)

3) You can't use any non url charicter in your product titles, category names or manufacturers names e.g. £ © ™

4) I don't know what contribuitions this will and will not work for - if it works for you then that is cool if it doesn't then uninstall it !

Cedits

This contribution was built on top of the SEF LINK TRASFORMER contribuion by Silencer

Support

This code is supplied "as is" ! It works for me! (but i know the code is a mess !!!)

Unfortunatly it has taken me 3 months just to get the time to release it ! I am really busy at the moment and will do what i can to help and will try to keep an eye on the support thread but can not provide support so do not email me about this you can pm but i may not respond (if people want custom work (i will have to charge ) pm me)

Support forum thead here->

Sorry if i seem lazy just real busy !!

If you like the contrib and would like to buy something from my site that would be cool ;-)

Have fun !!!

Nimmit (sam)

Install instructions

1) Turn SEF off

2) Turn GZip off (sorry - you cant use it with this contribution)

2) in catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find:

define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

Add AFTER:

#-----> NIMMIT:SEF:B

require('url_rewrite.php');

#-----> NIMMIT:SEF:E

3)

Find:

ini_set('zlib.output_compression_level', GZIP_LEVEL);

}

}

Add AFTER:

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'nimmit_sef.php');

4) Do one of the following -

copy the .htacess file to its relevent location or copy everything inside the

and...

5) extract the rest of the files to thier relevent locations

Done !

OK, but one more time (please answer)

Hi Surfelot,

Yes, I did I did upload the tiny_MCE files. The files are located here:

http://www.solera.nl/admin/Includes/Javascripts/tiny_mce/

Please see the block of code I sent you before

No, I did not upload the Tiny_MCE compressor files.

As I am not sure if they can work. ( see info about NIMMIT SEF installation)

I did not do the additional Setup ( if necessary)

Regards

Rene

Just one. Internet Explorer

Do you see the checkboxes that say "Use WYSIWYG editor" on the Define Content main page?

when editing content, do you see a button that says "Hide WYSIWYG"?

Do you see the checkboxes that say "Use WYSIWYG editor" on the Define Content main page?

when editing content, do you see a button that says "Hide WYSIWYG"?

Hi Surfelot,

Sorry, nothing that relates to checkboxes or buttons.

In order to check the situateion yourself, I will email you entrycode and password for the admin section of http://ww.solera.nl

Thanks

Rene

I asked you if you downloaded and installed either of the two WYSIWYG editors and install on your site. But I don't see them on your site. All I see on your site is the files from this contribution. You need to go over items #1 and #2 of the WYSIWYG installation instructions again. You have to download and install either tinyMCE or FCKeditor from their home site and upload the correct directories from the package.

Edited by surfalot

I asked you if you downloaded and installed either of the two WYSIWYG editors and install on your site. But I don't see them on your site. All I see on your site is the files from this contribution. You need to go over items #1 and #2 of the WYSIWYG installation instructions again. You have to download and install either tinyMCE or FCKeditor from their home site and upload the correct directories from the package.

Dear Surfelot,

I feel kind of stupid. It all comes to reading carefully.

Thank you very much for all your help. It works perfectly

Regards

Rene

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Todd

Installed your contrib (Define_Content_v1.3b.zip) and got it going fairly quickly with minimal problems.

Now that I have it functioning, I have what may seem like a silly question given that I got this far.

I now want to use your contrib to do the content in the "Shipping & Returns", "Privacy Notice", "Conditions of Use", "About Us" and the like.

I have worked out how to create an area, but I just can't seem to come to grips on how to apply the area to a specific page.

I look forward to your comments.

Regards

Fred

Hi Todd

Installed your contrib (Define_Content_v1.3b.zip) and got it going fairly quickly with minimal problems.

Now that I have it functioning, I have what may seem like a silly question given that I got this far.

I now want to use your contrib to do the content in the "Shipping & Returns", "Privacy Notice", "Conditions of Use", "About Us" and the like.

I have worked out how to create an area, but I just can't seem to come to grips on how to apply the area to a specific page.

I look forward to your comments.

Regards

Fred

I just implemented this on my site. Here are the instructions:

1. Under "Manage Areas" click "insert".

2. Create a new area called "Shipping & Returns".

3. Repeat this for new areas called "Privacy Notice" and "Conditions of Use".

4. Open the file catalog/shipping.php. Look for a line containing:

<?php echo TEXT_INFORMATION; ?>

Replace this with:

<?php echo tep_get_defined_content('Shipping & Returns'); ?>

5. Open the file catalog/privacy.php. Look for a line containing:

Replace this with:

<?php echo tep_get_defined_content('Privacy'); ?>

6. Open the file catalog/conditions.php. Look for a line containing:

Replace this with:

<?php echo tep_get_defined_content('Conditions of Use'); ?>

7. Now define the content to display. In the list of content items, click the item, check "Use WYSIWYG editor", then "insert".

8. Select the area name to modify, then type in your content in the editor. Click "insert" when finished.

9. View your page to make sure the content was updated.

10. Repeat for other areas you've defined.

Thanks for this contribution and hope these instructions help you out! This is exactly what I was looking for for.

Thank you for that.

Now I have a blank page with About Us as the title.

Code within /catalog/about_us.php

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_define_content('About Us'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>

Code within /catalog/includes/languages/english/about_us.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: shipping.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'About Us');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'About Us');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'our original About Us text is in here');
?>

I have the area About Us defined, and I have placed text with the GUI editor.

I have used the editor for the predefined areas and this has changed immediately, so I assume it to be working. Just not with my new areas.

When I created my new area I got the green banner at the top of the page saying that the area was sucessfully created.

I have also noted that the "Continue" button that is in the original install has dissapeared from the page I am nodifying.

Does anyone have any thoughts. I am not a coder, so I don't have a clue as to what to look for. I am your typical copy/paste heck it worked type of guy.

Regards

Fred

Use "defined" not "define".

<?php echo tep_get_define_content('About Us'); ?>

Should be this instead:

<?php echo tep_get_defined_content('About Us'); ?>

You don't need to modify catalog/includes/languages/english/about_us.php.

Edited by spheroid2007

Hello everyone

Now that I have this contrib working I would like to know;

Can this contrib be used to add additional text to the customer email sent out when they make a purchase?

I have made attempts at adding text as per the manual, but without success. So I haven't attempted to use this contribution for that, and besides, I don't have a clue as to where I would do the re-coding.

If someone could point me to some information I would be most greatful

Regards

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone

Now that I have this contrib working I would like to know;

Can this contrib be used to add additional text to the customer email sent out when they make a purchase?

I have made attempts at adding text as per the manual, but without success. So I haven't attempted to use this contribution for that, and besides, I don't have a clue as to where I would do the re-coding.

If someone could point me to some information I would be most greatful

Regards

Fred

I'm not sure how that would be done. (or if)

• 2 weeks later...

Im having the same problem... I previously installed Tiny_MCE and that worked perfectly.. I wanna install this MOD. and i cant.. problem is Install went smooth. i can create pages ect ect. but im not able to edit them with the GUI Editor.. the toggle to hide or show is there and also to enable or disable is present...

I dont know where i went wrong...

i used this option

at first install

a. Run the SQL script: /sql_files/define_content_1_tables.sql in your phpMyAdmin or like

Database utility. This will add the necessary tables to your database.

any ideas?

o yeah my install dir. for Tiny_MCE is

/public_html/store/admin/tinymce <----- this one works

and the one that i followed to install this mod is

/public_html/store/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce <---- this dont work for Define_Content...