• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Define Content 1.x Support

surfalot

Im having the same problem... I previously installed Tiny_MCE and that worked perfectly.. I wanna install this MOD. and i cant.. problem is Install went smooth. i can create pages ect ect. but im not able to edit them with the GUI Editor.. the toggle to hide or show is there and also to enable or disable is present...

I dont know where i went wrong...

i used this option

at first install

a. Run the SQL script: /sql_files/define_content_1_tables.sql in your phpMyAdmin or like

Database utility. This will add the necessary tables to your database.

any ideas?

o yeah my install dir. for Tiny_MCE is

/public_html/store/admin/tinymce <----- this one works

and the one that i followed to install this mod is

/public_html/store/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce <---- this dont work for Define_Content...

on more thing

IE and Firefox report this error

Error: TinyMCE_Engine is not defined

Source File: http://store.srcservice.com/admin/includes...ny_mce_gzip.php

Line: 110

Error: tinyMCE is not defined

Source File: http://store.srcservice.com/admin/includes...itconfig.js.php

Line: 1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im having the same problem... I previously installed Tiny_MCE and that worked perfectly.. I wanna install this MOD. and i cant.. problem is Install went smooth. i can create pages ect ect. but im not able to edit them with the GUI Editor.. the toggle to hide or show is there and also to enable or disable is present...

I dont know where i went wrong...

i used this option

at first install

a. Run the SQL script: /sql_files/define_content_1_tables.sql in your phpMyAdmin or like

Database utility. This will add the necessary tables to your database.

any ideas?

and the one that i followed to install this mod is

/public_html/store/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce <---- this dont work for Define_Content...

I don't see how this could work for this contribution, it's in the wrong directory.

you must have the tinyMCE uploaded to the directory shown in the installation directions.

the tiny_mce.js from Moxycode must be found in your admin here: (along with all the other files and directories from their package)

/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js

if you have uploaded the javascript there, it should work.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Im using this tool with the admin access contrib. When i use define content, click an area and then edit, i get thrown back to login.

Does anyone else use this? Is there a way to send the oscadminID with the edit submit?

or does anyone else have any idea on why it only does this on the define content contrib.

Hi,

Im using this tool with the admin access contrib. When i use define content, click an area and then edit, i get thrown back to login.

Does anyone else use this? Is there a way to send the oscadminID with the edit submit?

or does anyone else have any idea on why it only does this on the define content contrib.

It would be easier to fix the reason why your cookies are not working. I use Define Content with admin access and it works fine. Is your browser not accepting cookies from your admin site? The reason oscadminID shows in your address bar means your browser is not accepting a cookie to maintain the login state.

I can see the admin cookie when i look within firefox. So i believe its all there correctly.

have you tried removing that cookie and going back to the site to see if it is reset? you may try the "force cookie use" setting in the admin. I don't have to use it, but it's worth a try.

I've had that problem in the past, but I can't remember what fixed it. Check your configure.php file and make sure you are certain about each setting. Make sure the base address for the site is correct in both whether you are accessing via http or https, or the difference between using the IP address or domain address.

basically, what you see in the brower URL is exactly what you have set in the configure.php as the base address.

do a little searching on the cookie based sessions in the forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Todd - Just wanted to say thank you for this contrib! Very easy to install and works perfectly.

For anybody else using this contrib - it can also be integrated with the InnovaStudio WYSIWYG editor. This editor is a paid software, not for free distribution but its CSS handling is much better than the free versions out there. To integrate it, I only had to include a few lines of code to the define_content.php as per the InnovaStudio install instructions & give an ID to the textarea. There was one error in the script which stopped the text being written to the DB but their tech support gave me the bug fix within 24 hours and it's now saving to the DB without a hitch.

Many thanks for making this available! Edith

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Surfalot

Excellent contrib, but i have a problem.

When i go to define a page, no wysiwyg shows up. If i click the toggle button nothing changes and i get an error in the status bar saying object expected?

I am using IE

Any suggestions?

Hi Surfalot

Excellent contrib, but i have a problem.

When i go to define a page, no wysiwyg shows up. If i click the toggle button nothing changes and i get an error in the status bar saying object expected?

I am using IE

Any suggestions?

which WYSIWYG did you install, and its version number? (realizing, of course, that if you followed the directions, you should have downloaded and installed either FCKeditor or tinyMCE). Also provide which directory of the WYSIWYG editor package you uploaded, and the complete path to where you uploaded it.

• 2 months later...

I've just installed this mod and noticed that after deleting entries from "Manage Areas" in the admin section. Then creating a new entry under "Manage Areas". The numerical reference to the item is not reset. I deleted all entries and then created a new one and it shows 9. If I delete that one and insert a new entry it starts with 10. All entries can be deleted but it doesn't reset.

Edited by depressd

I've just installed this mod and noticed that after deleting entries from "Manage Areas" in the admin section. Then creating a new entry under "Manage Areas". The numerical reference to the item is not reset. I deleted all entries and then created a new one and it shows 9. If I delete that one and insert a new entry it starts with 10. All entries can be deleted but it doesn't reset.

there is nothing in the code to reset that. Its not important. Its an auto-increment value and will continue from the last used value regardless of whether the table is empty.

• 1 month later...
Abstract:

Define Content is a basic language aware Content Management System (CMS)

designed for osCommerce. Its intended to make content management easier

for the non-technical shop owner. It allows you to define content areas

and then modify them with or without a WYSIWYG HTML editor from the

osCommerce admin.

Site designers can use this contrib to setup areas the store owner

can easily modify with tinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML editor.

Define Content is completely language aware in both catalog side and

admin side. This means it can be used, for example, to make the header

(top banner) change with the language choice of the customer. It can

also be used to make an image or any other content change with the

language choice of the customer.

The contribution allows you to include PHP code in the content so that

elements such as the STORE_NAME or STORE_NAME_ADDRESS can be

added via PHP. For security, and by default, php code is stripped from the

Define Content editor page when submitted. The extra step is included to

enable PHP code inclusion from the editor.

The contribution includes easy file copy directions to integrate tinyMCE

cross-browser WYSIWYG editor. tinyMCE is compatible with browsers like

Mozilla, MSIE, FireFox, Opera and (partially) Safari. tinyMCE has lots

of features. It cleans and verifies your HTML and I've even included

a mod to support including PHP code if you wish to optionally enable it.

If you already have a preferred WYSIWYG editor integrated into your admin,

you can use that, or follow the few included additional steps to setup tinyMCE.

Once installed, you can use the tinyMCE cross-browser WYSIWYG editor

for any textarea field in your osC admin.

This contribution comes with several examples of areas to use it such as:

Page Header

Page Footer

Catalog Main Page content and Greeting areas

Contact US Message

Get it here

Hi!

Have installed the contribution on a clean install of os commerce and everything works except tinyMCE... I have downloaded and installed the latest version of tiny and then I copied your configuration files to the same directory, includes/javascript/tiny_mce but the editor news shows up in define pages only the textarea box.

I have installed tiny before according to tinys instructions on other CMS'es and then it works but there must be something wrong in the define_content.php file since it is never activated, and all files are where they should according to your instructions.

/Rob

Hi!

Have installed the contribution on a clean install of os commerce and everything works except tinyMCE... I have downloaded and installed the latest version of tiny and then I copied your configuration files to the same directory, includes/javascript/tiny_mce but the editor news shows up in define pages only the textarea box.

I have installed tiny before according to tinys instructions on other CMS'es and then it works but there must be something wrong in the define_content.php file since it is never activated, and all files are where they should according to your instructions.

/Rob

Sorry about this, did not remember to tick the use wysiwyg editor checkbox first, to much hurry to try out this mod... i.e tinyMCE works when installed according to your instructions IF you check the use wysiwyg first.

Edited by robfor

Sorry about this, did not remember to tick the use wysiwyg editor checkbox first, to much hurry to try out this mod... i.e tinyMCE works when installed according to your instructions IF you check the use wysiwyg first.

>_< :)

:) Hi Todd,

I have installed this contribution on the latest release of osCommerce RC1.

It is working beautifully and I am very happy with it.

Thank you for your contribution. :)

I quite often use a wsywig editor for doing product descriptions when adding new products to the store.

Currently I just copy and past the code out of the wsywig editor to the product description window when adding a product and that works fine.

Is there any way that tinyMCE could be used as an option for inserting the html code directly into the product description window?

If so, do you know how it could be implemented, what files in oscommerce would need to be modified and would you be able to supply the code modifications?

I look forward to a positive response and thank you once again for this contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have gone thru the installation 3 times and I can't find any errors.

I have followed the instructions very carefully and got no errors at any stage - TnyMCE works and reads the default content and when I edit it it says Content Updated in the green bar..but it never updates it.

I get no errors in the logs and I have no other contrib installed.

Where should I start to troubleshoot?

I am using latest version of Define Content with OSC 2.2 RC1, php5 amd mysql 5.

thnx

Paraic

Edited by paraic

:) Hi Todd,

I have installed this contribution on the latest release of osCommerce RC1.

It is working beautifully and I am very happy with it.

Thank you for your contribution. :)

I quite often use a wsywig editor for doing product descriptions when adding new products to the store.

Currently I just copy and past the code out of the wsywig editor to the product description window when adding a product and that works fine.

Is there any way that tinyMCE could be used as an option for inserting the html code directly into the product description window?

If so, do you know how it could be implemented, what files in oscommerce would need to be modified and would you be able to supply the code modifications?

I look forward to a positive response and thank you once again for this contribution.

maybe you might want to read the docs more carefully... >_<

my subscription to this thread must have expired. :blink:

Hi,

I have gone thru the installation 3 times and I can't find any errors.

I have followed the instructions very carefully and got no errors at any stage - TnyMCE works and reads the default content and when I edit it it says Content Updated in the green bar..but it never updates it.

I get no errors in the logs and I have no other contrib installed.

Where should I start to troubleshoot?

I am using latest version of Define Content with OSC 2.2 RC1, php5 amd mysql 5.

thnx

Paraic

same problem without using tinyMCE ? (checkbox not ticked)

same problem without using tinyMCE ? (checkbox not ticked)

Hi,

Yeah, same without the box ticked. In fact I didn't install tiny MCE until the 3rd install as there was a default editor there.

thnx

Paraic

Hi,

Yeah, same without the box ticked. In fact I didn't install tiny MCE until the 3rd install as there was a default editor there.

thnx

Paraic

in admin/define_content.php

do a search/replace for this:

find all: $HTTP_POST_VARS

replace with: $_POST

-and-

find all: $HTTP_GET_VARS

replace with: $_GET

does that help?

• 1 month later...

Hi surfalot, i m using your conribution for 3 years now

but i think about some idea since i use yours but also i use another one that is more easy to use but a fixed number of page : Extra page infos

here is what is easy with this contib : you select the page you wanna change , then edit and you got all the language editable in the page like it s done for product

also it doesnt have those problem i got with yours :

If you deleted a langage, the content defined for the langage is still shown with the mention : Language not installed

It you delete a zone , it doesnt delete the content associted with the zone

Also it s painfull to always have to click on use WYSIWYG when one time for all you want to use it so it can be a configuration variable for the contribution

Isn't possible to use the best ideas of both contributions ?

meaning :

- Multilangage editing page with a title for the zone one the top

- language no more available are not shown anymore

- and the WYSIWYG is shown 3 times like when i edit my product

what do you think ?

MS2

i checked the extrapage info code

and in fact, we would hust have to had a field for the page that would be the title you use in your contribution, it has to be unique and will be like the product model of the products !

pleasant ?

MS2

• 2 weeks later...
I can see the admin cookie when i look within firefox. So i believe its all there correctly.

Hi!

Did you find a solution to this problem? I just switcht web host and everything seem to work as it should on my OSC installation after the move except when I try to edit a page in define pages. I get trown back to the admin login everytime and cant find the error. Have register globals set to on and force cookie use... This must have something with web server settings to do since it worked on my previous host?

Edited by robfor

• 4 weeks later...

I've followed the install instructions and downloaded TinyMCE and uploaded that into the correct folder (/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/) but I am still not seeing any HTML editor, and receiving the following two javascript errors:

u has no properties - tiny_mce_gzip.php (line 181)

tinyMCE has no properties - tiny_mce_gzip.php (line 181)

Any ideas about what I should check?

• 2 weeks later...

suggestions from anyone? help :'(

I've followed the install instructions and downloaded TinyMCE and uploaded that into the correct folder (/admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/) but I am still not seeing any HTML editor, and receiving the following two javascript errors:

u has no properties - tiny_mce_gzip.php (line 181)

tinyMCE has no properties - tiny_mce_gzip.php (line 181)

Any ideas about what I should check?