• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Endicia Dazzle XML Shipping

All credit to Jeffrey Nishihira.

So yes a contribution to export from the database to DAZZLE XML ! I really need to get this contribution going so that from the orders page you can check boxes to ship, they go directly do dazzle and come back with tracking/database update/emails customers.

Right now it's manual and you have to paste XML into Dazzle directly.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4054

Lee, great work. Is there any support for international shipments? (Airmail Letter, Global Express?).

Thanks

It's not my work I ws just able to track down Jeff whom made this.

I don't see why not on international shipping. You really need to read the endicia documentation on this to understand the XML format they need. their documentation is located in pdf format here

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I just want to reply and see if anyone has followed up on this, or used this to satisfaction. What's the details?

Thanks,

Priest

I just got the dazzle trial account and installed this contrib.

It works great, but there are a couple of tweaks that I needed to do in the index.php file.

The default number of lines outputed is 5, and supposedly it will do multiple pages of output. It only did one page for me.

I changed that to 50 and it worked well.

It is set to only import pending orders, which is orders_status != '3'"; (in two places in the code)

Changing this to orders_status != '2'"; will change it to all 'processing' orders.

Changing this to orders_status != '1'"; will change it to all orders ever placed.

I my store, that was 362 customers, so I changed the number of lines to 400. It worked fine.

I only had to do this once to get all my customers imported, so afterwards I put everything back to default.

Now the only thing is doesn't do that I REALLY need it do is export the email address of the customers.

That's on my todo list, who needs sleep anyway? :'(

Edited by noahvale

It was pretty easy to mod it to import both the customers email and phone number.

Now sending the ship confirmation email is automatic. I'm loving dazzle. If time is money, it's paying for itself rapidly.

Here's the mod:

In xml_generate2.php look at the bottom where it is echoing all the fields for dazzle.

Just before

echo " </Package>\n";

Add these lines:

echo " <ToEmail>{$row['customers_email_address']}</ToEmail>\n";

echo " <ToPhone>{$row['customers_telephone']}</ToPhone>\n";

That's it. Now I just have to figure out how to make it actually write the .xml file in the dazzle directory.

Doesn't sound too hard, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I did a little research and found out how to write the .xml file to the dazzle directory in my store. Then I just ftp it to my DAZzle xml directory.

I added the updated file to the contribution.

Anyone know how to write a file directly to your local hard drive from php?

Is any more development being done to integrate this into the orders page. I am currently using the fedEx labels contribution and it works great. It seems as though this should work in the same manner.

Any comments on how this "Endicia Dazzle XML" contribution compares to the other Endicia contribution called "Order Integrator":

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,endicia

I haven't found any discussion of "Order Integrator" which appears to be an app that runs on your home pc and accesses your oscommerce server, downloads the orders, allows printing of Endicia labels, updates the order status on your server. In addition it will load info into quickbooks if you like. And if you are also selling on Ebay and Amazon it will suck those orders down too. So it isn't a traditional mod your catalog contribution but an open source project hosted on sourceforge that runs on the pc in your warehouse/spare room rather than logging into admin on your oscommerce store server. Sounds like a good solution, but I haven't seen any discussion of it in these forums and there is very sparse info in the contribution and on the sourceforge site. I haven't installed it yet but it would be cool if it saves having to purchase the $300 Dazzle software. B)

Anyway, comments feedback on Order Integrator and how it compares to Dazzle XML would be welcomed if you have any. Also, is there a test sandbox for Endicia that anyone knows about. Didn't see any mention of one on their site.

Contribution of "Dazzle XML" (this thread) is of course here:

That looks like a great way to integrate orders. I can't use it as my server does not allow remote access to the mysql database.

I updated the xml_generate2.php file so that it writes the output to the /admin/dazzle/ directly and then displays the file name on your browser screen so that you can download it directly to your DAZzle xml import directly. I added the file to the contribution.

• 2 months later...
Any comments on how this "Endicia Dazzle XML" contribution compares to the other Endicia contribution called "Order Integrator":

I haven't found any discussion of "Order Integrator" which appears to be an app that runs on your home pc and accesses your oscommerce server, downloads the orders, allows printing of Endicia labels, updates the order status on your server. In addition it will load info into quickbooks if you like. And if you are also selling on Ebay and Amazon it will suck those orders down too. So it isn't a traditional mod your catalog contribution but an open source project hosted on sourceforge that runs on the pc in your warehouse/spare room rather than logging into admin on your oscommerce store server. Sounds like a good solution, but I haven't seen any discussion of it in these forums and there is very sparse info in the contribution and on the sourceforge site. I haven't installed it yet but it would be cool if it saves having to purchase the $300 Dazzle software. B)

Anyway, comments feedback on Order Integrator and how it compares to Dazzle XML would be welcomed if you have any. Also, is there a test sandbox for Endicia that anyone knows about. Didn't see any mention of one on their site.

Contribution of "Dazzle XML" (this thread) is of course here:

I tried the dazzle contrib, it's very interesting but has some bugs that need worked out. The most important being it does not allow you to enter shipping weights, it just goes by the weight in the file and if you type anything different it just overides it. Also, it does not update any tracking info or mark the order as shipped. Finally it does not use the standard oscommerce structure so it needs a complete rewrite to be oscommerce compliant. I shows some promise but really needs some work...

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 7 months later...

hi, i would like to ask some clarification about osc-dazzle procedure:

by using the contribution, we already figured out how to output a XML from our site and import to DAZZLE.

* the problem is that the way it is now, DAZZLE will immediately try to print the imported order's labels.

while ideally we would like to first import a batch of orders' info (using XML), then ideally we'd review the list in DAZZLE before printing all. Is anything like that possible?

if yes, where can i find documentation?

If no, any possible alternative way?

how do you guys do?

thanks to anyone for sharing.

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

• 4 months later...
I tried the dazzle contrib, it's very interesting but has some bugs that need worked out. The most important being it does not allow you to enter shipping weights, it just goes by the weight in the file and if you type anything different it just overides it. Also, it does not update any tracking info or mark the order as shipped. Finally it does not use the standard oscommerce structure so it needs a complete rewrite to be oscommerce compliant. I shows some promise but really needs some work...

Can you edit the weight in the Postage Options section of Dazzle or is it locked once imported?

Also, second question: How exactly do you add a button to the Tools section of Admin?

Thanks, Bruce