• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

c-paths

schnauzer

Is there anyway to change the category number that shows in the url? Why? I'm redoing my store and I want the urls of my new store to match the old ones so that all the time invested in seo isn't wasted. I've tried to make some changes to the database but can't make it work.

Please! I desperately need to know if this can be addressed.

Thank you

In your old store go to osC admin --> Tools --> Backup, and download a backup of your old database.

In your new site, create a blank database and import the contents of the backup into it. You'll then have the same cPaths.

Vger

In your old store go to osC admin --> Tools --> Backup, and download a backup of your old database.

In your new site, create a blank database and import the contents of the backup into it. You'll then have the same cPaths.

Vger

I'm using a template for the new store. I would assume that I can't upload my old database without changing the structure created by the template? Can I still do it and if not is there another way?

I'm using a template for the new store. I would assume that I can't upload my old database without changing the structure created by the template? Can I still do it and if not is there another way?

well, how are you going to load your products in there then, manually?

Treasurer MFC

well, how are you going to load your products in there then, manually?

I'm hoping to reinstall header tags controller so everything matches up and then import the products and categories from the old database. In the back of my head I was hoping this would duplicate the old c paths but I wasn't sure.

As a last resort I would have to re-input all of the products manually.

Archived