• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I resize the top navigation bar?

Sharon_U

Hi, I'm searching everywhere, but for the life of me I can't find the php file that allows me to modify the size of the navigation bar that has Top >> Categories >> etc. and the right has My Account | Cart Contents etc.

I want to resize it to fit a 800x600 setting. Because my left/right boxes are so big this navigation bar does not stretch out so it looks like I have a design flaw.

Thanks in advance for any help -it would be great!

Sincerely,

Sharon

Thanks for the tip. I tried changing a few things, but no results. When you have a moment, please take a look at my site My Webpage and you will see the header nav. bar in aqua doesn't stretch over and match the width of the body.

Thanks for any/ all suggestions.

Sincerely,

Sharon

You are using my Fixed Width Site With CSS contribution - but you are then doing things wrongly.

Firstly, you set the width of the whole page in the contribution - and nowhere else.

You set the width of the left and right columns in includes/application_top.php

The images you use within the left or right columns must be smaller in width than the width assigned to the column. If the width of the images is greater than the width of the column then it will stretch the column and extend it beyond the otherwise fixed width of the page.

I think this is what is happening on your website.

Finally, for a webpage to fit a screen with an 800 pixel resolution the page needs to be no more than 770 in total, allowing another 22 pixels for the width of the scrollbar and a few more for margins that Internet Explorer will impose.

Vger

Hello Vger, Yes I used your Contrib. and I love it! Thank you.

I followed your setting of 758px (in the stylesheet and no other place) but that didn't allow the aqua header to stretch. Because my boxes are so large I played with making all the trans pixels and surrounding corners smaller. I also took out the arrows that were in the boxes and set the box width to 100 down from 125. The setting of 758 dwarfs some areas of site (such as the main body) on a 800x600 res. Actually I had this issue with the aqua header before I used your contrib.

As it stands now, I have the setting of 770px and box width back to 125 (plus the two small changes to header and footer). How would you tweak my settings at this point? I really appreciate your input. It's been great having your support on the other topics as well.

Sincerely,

Sharon

Archived