• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Pet Shop

j4tan

Hi, I started this online pet shop 2 months ago.

I used to have lots of questions and customer register on our webstore. But recently it just stopped. It is suspicious that maybe the webstore is not working but i have been testing for ages and it seems to work fine.

Just shout out for all free person to have a try on our webstore and we appreciate for all comments. The layout of the shop is not nicely done, i have no much knowledge on PHP but will try to improve along. Thanks.

address:

http://www.petsfactory.com.au

1) Top goes to http://www.petsfactory.com.au/

Catalog goes to http://www.petsfactory.com.au/index.php

I would remove the Top part and the index.php part (see tips and tricks section). It will help with the SE's

2) I think you have too many colours going on, your header is grey, your columns are orange and the image on the main page is green. I would try and tie them in together more.

3) Your images copyright popup is really annoying and it only took 2 seconds to figure out how to bypass it

http://www.petsfactory.com.au/images/PAWPRINT41.png

4) Dr. Harry Pet Back Pack Suitable for the transport of small dogs and cats.

That is not much of a description and does not really tell me enough about it to make a purchase. What are the dimmensions, what is it made of, are the straps adjustable, etc.

5) There is a   in your footer.

6) You need an SSL cert.

7) Sometimes your pages look all messed up, then refresh and they look fine again. Don't know why.

8) You don't need you customers Gender and DOB, get rid of them unless they are essential.

Overall I like the orange colours, they are easy on the eye. The rest of the colours don't match. Your security features for the text and images are just annoying and won't stop anyone, just piss people off.

ah thanks.... finally some feedback... i will certainly make the changes. Thanks! :)

anymore?

*ps: now i know why 2 months ago my shop has no "security" feature <--so call and it was 7dana green template... i messed around with the colour :(

Nice lookin site. I agree that the copyright pop up is extremely annoying when you right-click the pictures, and it is very easy to get around it. So there really is no point of having it if you have it where people can still access the directory...

Other than that, looks pretty good to me.

To remove "Top" open /catalog/includes/application_top.php and find the line:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

and comment it out.

Then in /catalog/includes/languages/english.php you can change the wording of Catalog to whatever you want such as Home.

thanks for that... doing it now.

by the way does anyone know if there is a contribution that modify admin categories to drop down menu? Thanks.

so that i can point to that specific sub categories from the drop down instead of going through donkey pages?

hy

i like the colours you have chosen, but only to think of this: pet owners are people which really like the nature, especially dog owners. so i suggest you try a little bit in this way - green, braun, maybe blue.

i would definitely round some corners, not all of them, the site looks cool the way it is.

Dr. Harry Floating Rubber Rings

AUD$4.50 - i am a little bit confused about this image, you don't use any contributions to resize your pictures automatically?

i like how you put the about us, privacy police, ...

the buttons colour and other colours don't go together... in my opinion

bestsellers - i know that .gif files are larger than .jpg, but transparent colour gives better look.

hope this didn't offend you, i only wanna help

good luck!

To remove "Top" open /catalog/includes/application_top.php and find the line:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

and comment it out.

Then in /catalog/includes/languages/english.php you can change the wording of Catalog to whatever you want such as Home.

Found it!

Thanks Peter

Nossum

Archived