• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

Hi,

The contribution was taken down because we broke one of the rules.

It is in the contribution section again now.

This is the support thread (which should be re-enabled shortly)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195959

If you are still having troubles re-post in there and i will see if i can help you out. I just want to keep all of the support in one place.

Sam

Thanks Nimmit. The link above gives an error so please forgive me if I post a question here.

I downloaded the newest files and reinstalled. Great contribution! But, my HTMLAREA does not work now. Any ideas why?

Thanks

AJAX Attribute Manager v1.5 beta

--- General Bug Fix release ---

* Compleatly rewrote all AJAX request javascript.

It was using prototype.js but that was conflicting with the html area contribution.

It should also speed up page load time. Much less code.

* Fixed the attributes not being entered into the db on a new product

* Fixed the attributes not being linked to the product when it was a new product

It was using prototype.js but that was conflicting with the html area contribution.

* Fixed the attributes not being linked to the product when it was a new product

Nice Attribution but I have a request:

Is it possible to make some sort of sorting on the attributes so you can move each attribute up or down with an arrow for example. Right now there is no logic in the way the attributes is beeing added. We sell clothes in my store. The size for the clothes is "S, M, L, XL, XXL". When I create the Size attribute serie and add "XXL" as the first attribute it creates the category size and adds the attribute "XXL". Afterwards I add the attribute "XL" and it put it over the XXL, exactly as i Wanted. The I add the "L" attribute and it put it under the XXL, which is wrong, since i wanted it over the "XL" attribute. And so on it continues to add over or under the attributes. A sorting option would be appriciated here.

Best regards.

Nikolaj

Great contribution! Works perfect now.

I am using version 1.4 and it works pretty good so far. I have noticed though that sometimes my values get out of order when I add them from a list previously made, but with a little work I have been able to shuffle them around.

Is there a way to put the options (and maybe the values...) in a specific order instead of them automatically coming up in alphabetical order? Maybe a sort order like in the admin/categores? That would be perfect!

ugh,

If you are going to use this conrib i suggest upgrading to v1.5 - v1.4 had a few problems. Just download the contrib and overwrite all the files (takes 2 mins).

In answer to your question. Stock osc doesn't have a sort order for the options, option values or attributes. In the front end they will actually be ordered by attribute id. But true, in the backend i have sorted them alphabetically. As most of the sites I work on use the attribute sort order contribution I will be adding support for that in the next release. In the mean time you can just comment out the two instances of.

asort($returnArray);

in attributeManager/classes/attributeManager.class.php

I can see where you are comming from on this. In the next release, i will add the default display order as a configuration optoin for people who are not using the attribute sort order contribution.

Sam

Sam

I can see where you are comming from on this. In the next release, i will add the default display order as a configuration optoin for people who are not using the attribute sort order contribution.

Thanks Sam!! That would be wonderful!

Stacy

So now I have uploaded v1.5 .....none of the icons are showing up. I've double checked and the images are all where they are supposed to be. What happened??

I havent changed anything todo with the icons. Just to be sure i installed a fresh copy of MS2 on my server and installed version 1.5 - it works perfectly.

Try deleting the entire attributeMangager Directory and then upload the entire v1.5 attributeMangager directory.

your direcory structre should look like /admin/attributeManager/

Sam

Installed the contibution no problem (although I would prefer the install.html without the scrolling boxes)

Wishlist:

In addition to the sort order (already mentioned) I would like to see product option weights added to a future version.

I like the interface a lot and would like to see it expanded to make a vastly improved replacement for product_attributes.php rather than be part of categories.php (which is big and slow enough).

Features:

Could just be me..

But I am finding that each time I add an option to a product, that the option itself is being added into option_values as well - so that the option appears multiple times.

Also, after adding an option to the product and updating, the product then appears to have a random set of options available, rather than the previous ones plus the new one.

Any ideas ?

In addition to the sort order (already mentioned) I would like to see product option weights added to a future version.

That is a compleatly different system to the way oscommerce works. This contribution is aimed at being a convienient way to add attributes to a product. If i start adding features like that then it will isolate people who do not require those features.

I like the interface a lot and would like to see it expanded to make a vastly improved replacement for product_attributes.php rather than be part of categories.php (which is big and slow enough).

Iam glad you like it. However, this is the way that i wanted it, so that is the way i have written it. I agree categories.php is a big page but from my experence this is the most convienient way of administrating attributes.

But I am finding that each time I add an option to a product, that the option itself is being added into option_values as well - so that the option appears multiple times.

When you add a new option it will then be available in the option drop down box. I think you are talking about adding an option value to a product. if you want to add a previously declared option value assigned to an option then you need to select the option value on the product then use blue button (down arrows) to add the previous option value.

You have options, option values and attributes. for example you might have:-

size:small, medium large

size is the option

small medium and large are the option values

and when you have an attribute assigned to a product there will be an attribute for each

size: small

size: medium

size:large

With that explained if you have any unexpected behaviour please let me know

Also, after adding an option to the product and updating, the product then appears to have a random set of options available, rather than the previous ones plus the new one.

I have tested this extensively and cannot replicate your problem and have had no other reports of this. If it persists can you please post further details.

Sam

Sam,

This is by far the most useful substitute I have seen for the product attributes dilemma. I prefer the attributes on the product page as well. This code is unobstrusive because it does not slow the categories page since it is based on XML and ansynchronous javascript. I'm also glad to see you stick to your guns on the contribution. Some of the people with problems, haven't evidently, even fully understood how to add attributes before this contribution.

Anyhow, I normally don't comment idly like this but I just wanted to express my gratitude for such a beneficial contribution.

Thanks again.

Edited by winterradio

I have to agree with winterradio here!

This is awesome. I have installed numerous if not billions of contributions already but this was so easy it took me less then 5 min to first check it out localy on a fresh install and then upload it all to integrate with a heavy modified online webshop - i have Seperate prices per customer/quantity breaks/groups my whole products (categorie) page in admin is changed so drasticaly non of you would recognise it (:P well maybe a bit :P)

But still, implimenting this was as easy as riding a bicicle :D

Great contribution, and like mentioned before, fast, and does what it needs to do. I can now finaly get rid of the link to the attribute manager! yeah!

keep up the great work

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

Hi,

I've just installed this contribution. It does not work on IE, only on Firefox, but it's not a problem for me. In my store we've got products which have different attributs where different attribute means different size or color (or size and color) + different price + different quantity. This contribution does not distinguish different quantities depending on an attribute (you can have different no of yellow slippers than of white). Is there a solution to the problem?

Thanks for help. :)

First I want to say I use this contribution and I love it...but I have another question...I had some attribute sort order issues in my catalog and I was able to get the sort order contrib which solved that problem. However, when I choose one attribute of a product in the catalog, I want it to automatically pull up sub-options for that attribute with sub-attributes, if that makes any sense. I don't want those sub-options to load until the customer chooses that specific attribute. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks so much!

Leighton

However, when I choose one attribute of a product in the catalog, I want it to automatically pull up sub-options for that attribute with sub-attributes, if that makes any sense. I don't want those sub-options to load until the customer chooses that specific attribute. Is there a way to do that?

Yes of course there is a way, ( i don't know why you would want to) but that has nothing todo with this contribution.

do you know if it is compatible with Attribute Sets Plus http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3610/

No it wont be. However, it does have attribute templates (sets) of its own comming in the next release.

template.gif

Sam

I havent changed anything todo with the icons. Just to be sure i installed a fresh copy of MS2 on my server and installed version 1.5 - it works perfectly.

Try deleting the entire attributeMangager Directory and then upload the entire v1.5 attributeMangager directory.

your direcory structre should look like /admin/attributeManager/

Sam

I did that but it still doesn't show the icons - weird. :huh:

No it wont be. However, it does have attribute templates (sets) of its own comming in the next release.

template.gif

Sam

Nimmit

Thank you & I wish you every success with this. The existing method taxes your patience to say the least

I use Product Attrib Sort 1.2

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1822/category,all/search,Product+Attrib+Sort+v1.2)

because like a lot of others I need the attributes to come in a certain order

Is my understanding correct that your contribution will enable you to define the order of the attributes?

You mention a new release - is it worth delaying installation or will it still "sit over the top of the existing"?

Are you aware of any issues with Easypopulate?

Thank you again

Nossum

When will next version come out? :D

A.S.A.P, probably the begining of next week - I am just doing the sort order then it is done.

I have installed the contribution and I have a problem, whenever i go to add my attributes the option values listed on page two of the product attributes page do not show in AJAX Attributes Manager. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone experience this problem? <_<

Will the next version be multi languages?, i have make more field like attributes cost, weight. I see on a site somebody make so the price be auto update when add attributes to the products and then say they use AJAX code, do somebody now where to find this auto price update? :-"

Will the next version be multi languages?, i have make more field like attributes cost, weight. I see on a site somebody make so the price be auto update when add attributes to the products and then say they use AJAX code, do somebody now where to find this auto price update? :-"

Will the next version be multi languages? Yes

lang.gif

Sorry i don't understand the rest of your question