• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

AJAX Attribute Manager - v1 beta

What is this contribution??

The idea of this contribution is to make the administration of product options, option values and attributes much quicker and easier.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4063

mainScreen.gif

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4041

It uses a technology known as AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript And XML). This enables us to do is make page sub-reqests without refreshing a page.

In this case, it enables us to make a attribute manager that sits on the product addition page. From which, you can do everything (ish - see notes) that the product attributes page does but in a much more convenient and tidy way.

• Installation takes 5 mins
  • Full Documentation in the package
  • Any future upgrades will require no editing

***** IMPORTANT *****

As this is a beta release. There will be updates to this contribution.

Please don't change anything and re-upload it the contribution section (even if it just a typo) untill it has been officialy released.

Please let us know of any bugs in the oscommerce forums - Thank you!

Any Comments welcomed

Nimmit :thumbsup:

Edited by Johnson

Sounds like a great contribution!! I am trying to use it, however, when uploading the files to my file manager, I get an error about the file name being too long. So, I will try to figure out how I can accept longer file names and I will let you know how it works out! :)

Whats your file manager? Just ftp it.

Not sure what you mean - I use startlogic. And yes, I just tried to upload using ftp and it doesn't work for me. :blush: I will keep trying though!

great contribution....now i can menage my attributs easy

one thing must be updated in next version:

the umlaut (?,?, ?,?, ?,?, ?) is not shown in the drop down menue on categroies.php,

but its shown correct on the product.php

so its only a smal visual problem on the admin side ;-)

rest works great

Added this contribution on test shop with Admin Acces contrib and ther's problem.

AJAX Attribute Manager not working, Admin Acces hold it

run this sql query, this will give access to the top administrator group (1). If you need more change the last value ('1') to include the other admin_groups_id eg '1,2,3'.

let me know if you have any problems

Sam

INSERT INTO `admin_files` VALUES ('', 'attributeManager.php', 0, 3, '1');

run this sql query, this will give access to the top administrator group (1). If you need more change the last value ('1') to include the other admin_groups_id eg '1,2,3'.

let me know if you have any problems

Sam

INSERT INTO `admin_files` VALUES ('', 'attributeManager.php', 0, 3, '1');

Sam,

Thaks for your support now's it okay,

are there any support for multilanguages ... ?

Regards,

Jiri

Not sure what you mean - I use startlogic. And yes, I just tried to upload using ftp and it doesn't work for me. :blush: I will keep trying though!

I figured out the whole ftp thing - duh. Anyway, I got your contribution working and so far, it is great! It is really making my life easier at this moment and it was super easy to install. Thanks! :D

Wow, very sexy. I was just about to start redoing the attribute manager myself because it is such a pain to use, but you've created a great starting point. Nice work.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Woo, found your first bug. If you try to add an option with a single quote ( ' ), it'll add a backslash. For instance if you're trying to add a length: 10', 20', etc will all show up as 10\', 20\'.

To fix, open this file:

attributeManager/classes/DB.class.php

and change:

function input($str) {

return tep_db_input($str);

}

to:

function input($str) {

return tep_db_prepare_input($str);

}

Very slick contribution, nice work!

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I love the contribution, saves a lot of work in my fashion store, however 1 Bug...

Our store uses multiple languages. Options are created in my language used to update the store (NL). New created options are not shown in En and Ge interface and it is not possible adding them in the Product attributes, they dont show up! Now I have a problem...

Marco

www.baby-on-board.nl

Woo, found your first bug. If you try to add an option with a single quote ( ' ), it'll add a backslash. For instance if you're trying to add a length: 10', 20', etc will all show up as 10\', 20\'.

To fix, open this file:

attributeManager/classes/DB.class.php

and change:

function input($str) {

}

to:

function input($str) {

}

Very slick contribution, nice work!

Hi thanks for this, It will be fixed in the next release

I love the contribution, saves a lot of work in my fashion store, however 1 Bug...

Our store uses multiple languages. Options are created in my language used to update the store (NL). New created options are not shown in En and Ge interface and it is not possible adding them in the Product attributes, they dont show up! Now I have a problem...

Marco

www.baby-on-board.nl

Sorry to hear that, this beta release is not multiligual.

Hmm, where did I go wrong...?

I get the message:

You cant access this page directly

.. on the new product page.

I have Access with Level Account installed.

Btw, I have already changed:

function input($str) {

}

to:

function input($str) {

}

Hmm, where did I go wrong...?

I get the message:

You cant access this page directly

.. on the new product page.

Strange... :blink:

There is a session variable that is set on the products page which is then confirmed in the main script. I'll pm you because i have an idea what it is but i want to be sure before i post why in the forum.

Bug fix release

AJAX Attribute Manager - v1.1 beta

* install instructions updated

* Slash problem fixed - thanks dynamoeffects

* Simplification of stop direct access logic - thanks tbruelan

* rework of core page actions

* moved configuration into its own class to aid with future changes

* fixed session variable not being reset when new product addition is canceled

hello guys , i was about to install :

Attribute Sets Plus for osCommerce 2.2 MS2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3610

that add the : Ability to add multiple attribute sets to a single product at a time

1.can u tell me wich one could make the attribute thing more easy for me at the moment

2. i love ajax using , that 's the futur !! do you plan to try using it in Attribute Sets Plus or the admin catalog ?

3. I hope you 'll have time to make this contrib multilanguagen so then many members could help you improving your contrib

best regard

MS2

I downloaded this the other day but now it is gone. What happened to it?

Anyway, I have installed this and it works great. The problem is my HTMLAREA doesn't appear anymore. If I remove my AJAX A.M. HTMLAREA works fine.

Anyone know what the issue is?

I am using Internet Explorer as I know HTMLAREA doesn't work on Firefox.

Thanks

More than likely nothing to worry about. I went through the code and there was nothing malicious that I saw up front, so it was most likely taken down because he offered his services or posted his email address through all of the files. I'm sure it'll be back up soon.

HTMLAREA works in Firefox for me. Make sure you're using the latest version.

Hi,

The contribution was taken down because we broke one of the rules.

It is in the contribution section again now.

This is the support thread (which should be re-enabled shortly)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195959

If you are still having troubles re-post in there and i will see if i can help you out. I just want to keep all of the support in one place.

Sam