• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

This contribution is the freakin bees knees. I mean it's beautiful. Compared to the clumsy attribute management out of the box it is as if an angel came down and graced OSC.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Oh oh it would be very very cool if this could be set up in conjunction with qtpro to show the stock per attribute combination on the product entry page... maybe it would only work with one level of attributes though?

Hi I'm having some drop down issues, where I'll add color, then add a new color,

then add a size -- and the color attribute will dissappear--- is anyone having these same issues?

Is this a cache issue?

Any assistance will be most appreciated!

I had an odd thing happen yesterday, I added a new product, with attributes, all fine, went back to edit the description and the attributes weren't there in the attribute manager box, I refreshed the product page and they'd gone from there too. So I added them back in, then when I updated they were doubled on the product page. Weird. Went and deleted the extras from the products attributes page and it's been OK since then.

Im running this on a local server for personal use. I do not think this is contrib related but anyone have an idea what this could mean:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare amsessionunregister() (previously declared in D:\0 XAMPP 0\htdocs\demoshop\admin\includes\attributeManagerSessionFunctions.inc.php:15) in D:\0 XAMPP 0\htdocs\demoshop\admin\attributeManager\includes\attributeManagerSessionFunctions.inc.php on line 20

I ger this on the product page (add new or edit).

Thanks.

Once I get it working I can tell it is an awesome contribution.

It is mostly working...

As you can see in the image below the prefix and price fields are blank. When I try to enter info into those fields the data is not stored in the database. I also cannot save templates. The option and value fields are working perfectly.

I have registered globals off. I am using the 2.1beta version. I tried the file path fix a couple of posts back, but that did not change anything.

temp.gif

When I try to enter info into those fields the data is not stored in the database. I also cannot save templates.

Strange, but I went into the stock osc attributes manager and added the pricing and prefixes there and then this contrib started to work. I can save templates now and everything else works just fine.

Excellent contrib. Well done.

Edited by zelf

Hi there...

first things first - FANTASTIC CONTRIB!!! i like whatone of the above users said 'its like an angel has touched osc...'

i am however, having an issue where any attributes added with the maanger are being doubled, tripled, some with the price difference that i added, some without it. has this happened to anyone else?

also, i was wondering if theres likely to be any provision in the future for different weights per attribute (i'm using the 'add-weight-to-product-attribute contribution)

thanks again

~Barbara~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi there...

first things first - FANTASTIC CONTRIB!!! i like whatone of the above users said 'its like an angel has touched osc...'

i am however, having an issue where any attributes added with the maanger are being doubled, tripled, some with the price difference that i added, some without it. has this happened to anyone else?

also, i was wondering if theres likely to be any provision in the future for different weights per attribute (i'm using the 'add-weight-to-product-attribute contribution)

thanks again

~Barbara~

I have the same issue. Values on an attribute are being doubled. They show twice on the product_info page but only once in the AJAX manager in admin. Every new one added gets doubled. Sam - emailed you direct on this and probably should have just posted here - sorry!

I am also running Attribute Sets - could this be the cause of the problem? Assume templates in AJAX Attribute Manager does the same as Attribute Sets in some senses but you can add attributes to a product directly from the Categories/Products page with Attribute Sets (small 'AS' icon) which is really easy with predefined attribute groups and its good not to have to open the product edit page where the AJAX contrib lives. Would be a shame if there was a conflict as both have their role: attribute sets are great when you have clothing that all has S-M-L etc. - one click adds the dropdown options menu beautifully and it is very quick for lots of products - however when a product has 54 colour options and its just that one product that has those options there is no point in creating a set or template; the AJAX manager is perfect for this! So for any particular product sizes are great with Attribute Sets and colours are great with AJAX Attribute Manager. Hope its not a conflict causing the duplication issues.....

BTW - I think this is the best contrib I have tried and I have worked through quite a few! Congrats Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have added the Attribute Manager to my site. But when I run the sql query it tells me that the admin_files table does not exist.

I can add the table but I don't know what fields I need.

Can you help.

Thanks in advance

Mike

As it says in the install "Only needed if you have any of the following contributions installed - Admin Access"

You obvioulsy don't have that contribution installed so don't worry about that step

As it says in the install "Only needed if you have any of the following contributions installed - Admin Access"

You obvioulsy don't have that contribution installed so don't worry about that step

Hi

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear, I've installed the files and changed catagories.php. But it doesn't work, nothing! I have checked in the source code of the html when I bring up the add product page, and the commands are there but nothing on the add product page.

Thanks

Mike

Hi

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear, I've installed the files and changed catagories.php. But it doesn't work, nothing! I have checked in the source code of the html when I bring up the add product page, and the commands are there but nothing on the add product page.

Thanks

Mike

Simply delete the .httacess in the file attributeManager.

May i know if this contrib will have the possbility for managing different weight. I use it in my shop and we sell piece or set of three.

Does anybody hava a solution.

xavier

Simply delete the .httacess in the file attributeManager.

May i know if this contrib will have the possbility for managing different weight. I use it in my shop and we sell piece or set of three.

Does anybody hava a solution.

xavier

Hi

Thanks for that, I can now see the attribute manager. But I am now getting the following error messages above it.

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /websites/LinuxPackage02/de/ca/ls/decalsandstickers.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 135

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/share/pear') in /websites/LinuxPackage02/de/ca/ls/decalsandstickers.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 135

Can you help with this one.

Thanks

Mike

Does anyone have a solution for multiple images for one product that works well with this AJAX contribution? I have installed the AJAX attribute manager and the Option Type Feature on my site and can't seem to get any of the contributions for multiple images to work together.

Does anyone have a solution for multiple images for one product that works well with this AJAX contribution? I have installed the AJAX attribute manager and the Option Type Feature on my site and can't seem to get any of the contributions for multiple images to work together.

Dynamic Mopics should work without problem anyway and having used Multi Images Extra for a client together with the AJAX attribute manager it didn't show any problem either. There should not be a reason why AJAX attribute manager would interfere with a multiple image contrib (maybe the Option Type Feature contrib does but I have not yet any experience with that one).

Dynamic Mopics should work without problem anyway and having used Multi Images Extra for a client together with the AJAX attribute manager it didn't show any problem either. There should not be a reason why AJAX attribute manager would interfere with a multiple image contrib (maybe the Option Type Feature contrib does but I have not yet any experience with that one).

Thanks for the reply - I'll keep tryin'!

I have a case where both Option Names and Values need to be sorted. Is this support already and I am over looking something? Or is there an easy way to do this. For now at least having things display'd in the order they were entered would be enough. I have taken a look at the SQL statements and attempted to do this by adding ORDER BY statements, however, this appears to have no effect.

By the way great contribution: very professional interface and coding.

Hi,

First, thanks for the contribution!

I have a slight problem: when I create a new product and add attributes to it at the same time, either existing ones or a template, these attributes do not appear on the product page (and I don't think the attributes are linked to the product in the database).

Now, if I update the product, the attributes are not there either. If I just update without changing anything, the attributes I selected when I created the product will be there. If I update with other attributes, both sets of attributes (the ones selected on the update page + the ones selected on the create product page) will be there.

So, it kind of works, but I need to update each product without changing anything after I create them.

Any idea ?

Thanks