• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

Hell everyone!

I'm using ajax attribute manager v2.7 and its working fine, i had some errors but solved by browsing this topic.

I'm facing a few problems now:

When i first load attribute template and then add my product info, after i insert, the attributes are not added, then i have to edit my product to add attributes again.

it adds attributes, but still the price values which i set are not updated. I tried to save the template but it didn't work.

Any solution for both of my problems?

great contrib - anyway to order the options?

Example:

Product -

Trousers

Attributes -

long

short <-- How do I make this display first on the list

medium

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Also ...

Is it possible/ how can I arrange an order of attributes in the product_info page?

Currently they are listed alphabetically. Is there a way to change this order?

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

has anyone tried to put in input text fields or anything else besides a drop down?

I've tried using some other attribute managers but this is my favorite, i'm just looking for more options and a how to make it happen

Yesterday I installed ver 2.7.1

Everything went fine for the most part, I added the sort order functions and then followed all the instances of price to use for a guide to add weight as well. It all worked great, untill I went to create a template, no price or weight updates with the template, they do insert into the database, but they dont get called back to the product page.

So luckily ver 2.8 came out last night with a fix for this issue and the price. I used a compare program to find the differences then merged them over,

for your reference if your having these problems, I found the changes to be located in includes/attributeManagerUpdateAtomic.inc.php and javascript/attributeManager.js

Just a couple lines in each file.

I also had a problem with it originally trying to write to the am_attributes_to_templates table so I just wrote the SQL and inserted it manually to avoid that problem, here is that bit of code in case it helps, you may have to modify the weight and sort order to match what you already use, or just drop them completly if you dont use those:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `am_attributes_to_templates`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `am_attributes_to_templates` (
 `template_id` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL,
 `options_id` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL,
 `option_values_id` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL,
 `price_prefix` char(1) NOT NULL default '',
 `options_values_price` decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',
 `options_values_weight` decimal(5,3) NOT NULL default '0.000',
 `attribute_sort` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
 KEY `template_id` (`template_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

im having problem when adding numeric values to optional values.

I have two languages in my site (spanish and english as default), numeric values only seemed to entered into database corretly for spanish language.

For example, if I put in the value 10, 1 gets entered into the database for english lang (10 for spanish). I've tried several numbers or texts for input, numbers with 1 or 0 in it seemed to caused the problem while other numbers seemed to work fine.

I've tried steveosc's solution on page 28 but still to no avail, i don't know if this has to do with language_id (english has language_id = 1 ) when it gets passed into URL.

Any help is appreciated.

cfemoca > there's an update released today, not sure if it'll help you out.

I have a question.

I have created a template set, saved it and applied it to a product.

I then went through 280 more products and applied the same saved set.

I then had to make a few minor changes to the actual attributes themselves.

Unfortunately the product attributes won't update unless I manually edit each product loading the same set.

Is there a way around me having to apply the same set to 280+ products?

I even tried editing the mySQL file but couldn't find the correct reference.

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone had a solution to being unable to delete an attribute from a product which had an " in it. E,g a lot of my products have a waist size such as 30", 32" etc, however I can't delete them individually from the product, i have to delete them all and then add back in the ones i didn't want deleted.

Also, is it possible to delete old attribute options which will never be used again using attribute manager? This would be useful

Any help much appreciated

Dave

im having problem when adding numeric values to optional values.

I have two languages in my site (spanish and english as default), numeric values only seemed to entered into database corretly for spanish language.

For example, if I put in the value 10, 1 gets entered into the database for english lang (10 for spanish). I've tried several numbers or texts for input, numbers with 1 or 0 in it seemed to caused the problem while other numbers seemed to work fine.

I've tried steveosc's solution on page 28 but still to no avail, i don't know if this has to do with language_id (english has language_id = 1 ) when it gets passed into URL.

Any help is appreciated.

Which OSC and Attribute Manager version you are using.

Before publishing the 2.8.1 I have tested it with fresh OSC (3 languages) and no such problem.

Will you describe the problem closely.

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone had a solution to being unable to delete an attribute from a product which had an " in it. E,g a lot of my products have a waist size such as 30", 32" etc, however I can't delete them individually from the product, i have to delete them all and then add back in the ones i didn't want deleted.

Also, is it possible to delete old attribute options which will never be used again using attribute manager? This would be useful

Any help much appreciated

Dave

I'll try to fix that next week.

If you are happy with my OSC contribution changes feel free to hire me.

I have now manually started updating everything but now, even more annoyingly, I have to load the same set TWICE for each product!

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

I have now manually started updating everything but now, even more annoyingly, I have to load the same set TWICE for each product!

Why TWICE :blink: will you describe the problem.

Which version you are using.

2.7.1 with Options as Images contrib.

I have 280+ products each with the same 14 attributes.

The attributes are loaded in the main admin as usual.

I then went to the first product and created/ saved an attribute set.

I couldn't get the attributes to load in the order I wanted so I changed their ID on the main attributes.

I then went back to the other products and loaded the sets into the next product.

The attributes set loaded but they were a different order to the first set.

I went back and loaded it again and the order was set.

Moved onto the next product and the same happend!

So, what I did was:

Created a set, changed attribute ID's to get the attributes to display in order

Loaded set in new product by loading twice.

I would say it's something to do with the caching or the way everything gets saved to the database.

I have a few attributes to delete after I have reassigned all the correct attributes to each product. Something I am dreading!

Edited by digilee

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Year ago I found solution for that issue ... but never published ... it was a one time job for a client ... on unknown version. :blush:

There is a problem when using templates ... sometimes they are reversing the option values order ... sometimes not (hard to catch what is wrong) :huh:

The main frustration I was having with this was that the order was changing for no obvious reason. No matter what I did I couldn'r figure out the problem. As soon as I had a set that was right, i saved it!

Updating to 2.8.1 doesn't seem to have made any difference.

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

I think I might have sussed something.

This is what's happening on my version:

Create a set. Save the set as 'Test1'

Change some settings within that saved set then save again overwriting 'Test1'

Make some more changes, save as 'Test1'

Load the set

Check the order (in the list of attributes displayed)

Load the set again and it changes the order.

Load it again and it changes again.

I then loaded the set until everything was back again, saved it as a new set, then loaded the new set and everything stayed the same.

Edited by digilee

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

I think I might have sussed something.

This is what's happening on my version:

Create a set. Save the set as 'Test1'

Change some settings within that saved set then save again overwriting 'Test1'

Make some more changes, save as 'Test1'

Load the set

Check the order (in the list of attributes displayed)

Load the set again and it changes the order.

Load it again and it changes again.

I then loaded the set until everything was back again, saved it as a new set, then loaded the new set and everything stayed the same.

Probably that will not help ... but ... there is a difference when you are adding/editing options/values in a new product and in existing product ;)

Hi Tomas,

thanks for the quick response, its great to see someone taking the lead with this contribution again as it's proved invaluable to me with 5000+ products and 20000+ attributes!

Just being cheaky, but one nice feature would be to list templates in alphabetical order, i have over 100 templates and its difficult to find the one you want when they are in date order ;0

Thanks again for your help

Dave

anyone know how could I assign a template to say ... 500 products in one shot ? (php script/sql query whatever)

Pay someone else to do it!

I know how you feel as I've just had to do something similar!

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Which OSC and Attribute Manager version you are using.

Before publishing the 2.8.1 I have tested it with fresh OSC (3 languages) and no such problem.

Will you describe the problem closely.

Thanx TomaszBG and digilee, I did a complete file comparison with the latest release and my old version (2.7.1), and found that the error was caused on my part, i accidentally added an id to a field that was the same as the optional value input field. After i removed the id, everthing worked fine again.

Thank you again!!

I even tried editing the excel spreadsheet (via Easy Populate) but that confused the issue even more, I think mainly because I am on a very modded version.

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

hmm..... random question here : as i can see when applying a template to a product, its actually the attributes/options that get appended to that products_id.

Wouldnt it make more sense to insert the ID of the template so as when the template changes ALL the products change ?