• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

Hello all !

I have used Ajax Attribut Manager for a few months, it is very cool !! on the other hand I have a problem with him, I cannot remove the comprising name of option of the quotation marks ("), how to make? (ex. macbook pro 17" monitor)

thank you :thumbsup:

Hi,

this contribution look great, but after the installation nothing have changed in the admin backend, still the old attribute manager this is weird.

any clue?

Lenamtl

Since I cannot get the templates to save the attributes price, is it possible to modify the database that holds the template to include the prices? Does this make sense. I am using phpMyAdmin and have been spending HOURS typing in the same prices for hundreds of product attributes. I am not very familiar with phpmyadmin but i know where all the buttons are if someone could explain if and how this is possible.

Hi,

this contribution look great, but after the installation nothing have changed in the admin backend, still the old attribute manager this is weird.

any clue?

Hi lenamtl,

The contrib adds the attributes section above the product description. You will see it when you add a new product or edit an existing one.

The old attribute page remains the same.

Matt.

I am using the contribution that allows you to have option types other than just select boxes found here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,attribute

Is there any way to make this contribution compatible?

If this is the instructions below(and I'm not even sure what this is), it is hopelessly vague to me.

"There is loads of contribution available for the attribute functionality. Each add different columns to the database and have different way of managing their update. If you want to add extra field to the Ajax Attribute Manager, to handle database values contained in the product_attributes tables, it is quiet easy to do. File to be changed are as follow:

attributeManager.php for the display of the new field and the insert and update action trigger (around line 196 & 271)

attributeManager.class.php (around line 457)

attributeManagerAtomic.class.php (around line 70, 150, 170)

attributeManagerInstant.class.php (around line 70, 133, 173)

attributeManagerUpdateAtomic.inc.php (around line 30)

attributeManager.js (around line 85, 106, 110)

Search for the "price" string and simply mimic the mechanism used for this field, you can also check the way sort order was added"

Hi,

any clue?

I had the same proble until I removed the .htaccess file in the attributeManager directory.

Lee

Hi,

AJAX Attribute Manager v2.6 OK!

AJAX Attribute Manager v2.7

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sprint_f() in w:\home\shop.ru\www\admin\attributeManager\includes\attributeManagerPrompts.inc.php on line 132

:huh: :huh:

The contrib workes great.

My only problem is, that sort_order does not work. Changes into the sort_order field will not be taken over.

Pretty much got this working with help from post 330 so that the sort order works also.

What did you exatly do?

There is only written

Then I just replace 2.3b with 2.1 version and it works for me.

What does that mean? Which files were replaced???

At the moment I've installed V 2.6

Any other idea?

i am getting the same error. can someone please shed some light on this please?

Thanks

Hi,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sprint_f() in w:\home\shop.ru\www\admin\attributeManager\includes\attributeManagerPrompts.inc.php on line 132

The contrib workes great.

My only problem is, that sort_order does not work. Changes into the sort_order field will not be taken over.

What did you exatly do?

I've found a solution for me in german forum.

Maybe I can help anyone with this:

http://forums.oscommerce.de/index.php?s=&a...st&p=242681

Greetz

first i must say what a great Contribution will save time putting in inventory

I have now added add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 and i am trying to add weight attribute to AJAX Attribute Manager.

I have tried follow instructions in install

- Instructions to add Extra Field

There is loads of contribution available for the attribute functionality. Each add different columns to the database and have different way of managing their update. If you want to add extra field to the Ajax Attribute Manager, to handle database values contained in the product_attributes tables, it is quiet easy to do. File to be changed are as follow:

attributeManager.php for the display of the new field and the insert and update action trigger (around line 196 & 271)

attributeManager.class.php (around line 457)

attributeManagerAtomic.class.php (around line 70, 150, 170)

attributeManagerInstant.class.php (around line 70, 133, 173)

attributeManagerUpdateAtomic.inc.php (around line 30)

attributeManager.js (around line 85, 106, 110)

Search for the "price" string and simply mimic the mechanism used for this field, you can also check the way sort order was added

when i search for price string I find a lot more that stated above on some nowhere near line quoted Is there and new updated instructions to add extra fields

when i have added all details i get an error as below

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /attributeManager/classes/attributeManager.class.php on line 493

This is a fantastic contribution!

Has anyone managed to get the attribute weight working with AM?

Howard

Hi,

I currently use this contribution on one of my shopping carts and it works great. I recently installed it on a new shopping cart and at first it worked but then it started giving me the error:

Session not registered - You cant access this page directly

I kept refreshing and then uploaded "attributeManagerConfig.class.php" and it started to work. It is now giving me the error and nothing I do can bring it back.

I did see some instructions revolving around a contribution called "admin access." I don't have the contribution installed but the latest version of osc includes "administrators" in configuration of the osc admin menu (which my old version of osc did not). However, checking my database I don't have a table called "admin_files" which the instructions say to change. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Ok, I found a fix and commented out this line:

//stopDirectAccess::checkAuthorisation(AM_SESSION_VALID_INCLUDE);

It worked and ajax manager came back. However, there was a note that if you are using administrator to login that this is a huge security violation. Anyone have any more information on this and if their is a better fix?

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Hi,

I am getting this error as well. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sprint_f() in ...\catalog\admin\attributeManager\includes\attributeManagerPrompts.inc.php on line 147

It occurs when trying to Remove an Option Value.

It has to do with this line:

$amPopup->setHeader(sprint_f(AM_AJAX_PROMPT_REMOVE_OPTION, $arrExtraValues['option_value_name']));

Has anyone else encountered this & found a solution? It would be much appreciated.

--

Also was wondering if anyone has noticed (I couldn't quite get Attribute Sort to work properly) when you enter the options using Ajax Attribute Manager that they will order correctly but you have to enter them in reverse? (Eg. In Sizes I had to enter the largest size first in order for them to show from smallest to largest.)

I'm monkeying with this at the moment. You need to replace all the sprint_f with sprintf in the attributeManagerPrompts.inc.php. Unless of course the author created his own sprint_f function that I'm unaware of...

crrrum

I am getting this error as well. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sprint_f() in ...\catalog\admin\attributeManager\includes\attributeManagerPrompts.inc.php on line 147

It occurs when trying to Remove an Option Value.

It has to do with this line:

$amPopup->setHeader(sprint_f(AM_AJAX_PROMPT_REMOVE_OPTION, $arrExtraValues['option_value_name']));

Has anyone else encountered this & found a solution? It would be much appreciated.

--

Also was wondering if anyone has noticed (I couldn't quite get Attribute Sort to work properly) when you enter the options using Ajax Attribute Manager that they will order correctly but you have to enter them in reverse? (Eg. In Sizes I had to enter the largest size first in order for them to show from smallest to largest.)

I'm monkeying with this at the moment. You need to replace all the sprint_f with sprintf in the attributeManagerPrompts.inc.php. Unless of course the author created his own sprint_f function that I'm unaware of...

crrrum

Fantastic! - replaced 6 instances for sprint_f with sprintf in attributeManagerPrompts.inc.php & it appears to have fixed the problem of being unable to remove Option Attribute.

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

This is a fantastic contribution!

Has anyone managed to get the attribute weight working with AM?

Howard

I guess I'll have to answer my own question. I have managed to get the add weight part working but it appears to use the same prefix as the one for the price. Has anyone any ideas as to how to get a weight prefix defined and working. In the meantime I'll have a go myself.

Howard.

I guess I'll have to answer my own question. I have managed to get the add weight part working but it appears to use the same prefix as the one for the price. Has anyone any ideas as to how to get a weight prefix defined and working. In the meantime I'll have a go myself.

Howard.

I changed the name to "wprefx" in order to get it to work. If you leave the entire name or any part of the name as "prefix" then it will not function correctly. If you need the exact code that I have let me know and I'll see about posting it.

Bob

Has anyone got the templates to save the +/- prices yet? That would be really helpful to get working.

I'm having same problem using 2.7. I have the sort option enabled and if you create an attribute template then copy it to a new product, it doesnt sort the attributes as you want - I manually inputted numbers in my sort order fields the way I want them and this still didn't work. Grrr.

In regards to this post,

I've found a solution for me in german forum.

Maybe I can help anyone with this:

http://forums.oscommerce.de/index.php?s=&a...st&p=242681

Greetz

fszone, I can't follow that post in German, even after translating it to english. Could you spell out exactly what you did to resolve it?

Better yet, post it in the contribs section so others don't have to take time reading forums to fix it.

My biggest pet peeve with the contribs - they are a mess, people use them as forums, etc. Half the time bug fixes are in the forums, not added to the contribs. It's time consuming to decipher half of them, then dig through here. Maybe an svn server for contribs? People could make commits, etc, and you could see all the changes made, etc. One could just create a new branch for the various versions, etc. I dunno, but most anything would be better than the current contrib section.

Another bug I just found. If you plan to use multiple attributes with many extra values, every time I start clicking the green check button to add the attributes it starts shifting the others I already clicked to "unclicked". Not good. Any ideas on this one?

This contribution is great. However, when I try to remove an attribute, the manager turns light grey and nothing ever happens. I have to go to the original Product Attributes to remove the attribute.

Any ideas of what could be causing this problem?

I wonder if it has something to do with the last post here regarding register globals.

Howard.

Can you share how you achieved this? I just need to add a weight box, no prefixes.