• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AJAX Attribute Manager support

Hello,

I recommend using v2.3b by Phoceca dtd 13 Dec 2006, as it works great on a clean install!

The latest upload v2.3c by Moosefruit did NOT work for me, and does NOT include install instructions.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4063

screenshot.gif

Cheers,

EricK

I replaced the attrubutes folder with the older version AJAX Attribute Manager v2.3b - beta Phocea 13 Dec 2006 and everything works perfectly!

Thanks for the heads-up :D

I replaced the attrubutes folder with the older version AJAX Attribute Manager v2.3b - beta Phocea 13 Dec 2006 and everything works perfectly!

Thanks for the heads-up :D

AJAX Attributes is also working correctly now for me after replacing the folder with 2.3b and fixing it with this bugfix http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mic&st=274#

Thanks all!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class amdb in w:\home\test.com\www\admin\attributeManager\classes\amDB.class.php on line 18

Help :'( :'(

attributeManager.php

// db wrapper
require_once('classes/amDB.class.php');
// session functions
require_once('includes/attributeManagerSessionFunctions.inc.php');

replace

// db wrapper
if(class_exists("amDB"))
require_once('classes/amDB.class.php');
// session functions
if(function_exists("amSessionUnregister"))
require_once('includes/attributeManagerSessionFunctions.inc.php');

:thumbsup:

To have al of this completly multilnaguage will take a lot more work as plenty of the prompts are hardcoded.

Sorry for the lack of update but I got tons of work on a new project.

I have got a new release with a few bug fixes and also a draft plugin for QT Pro. unfortunately before Xmas I have hit problems with updating QT pro values and cannot found a way to make it work.

If anyone with good php and ajax skill want to have a look, PM me and I will send you the code. i am sure it aint far off but wont have the time to look at it in depth before mid 2007!!

So, I finally got this up and running, and it is totally fabulous...made my job a hell of a lot easier! But, now I am having trouble with the option values. They aren't sticking and I'm not sure how to do that. If I do one that has a value added as my first attribute, then it works, but any others under the same option "e.g., size" don't work. What am i doing wrong?

It wouldn't let me edit the above message...the Internet Explorer Message is as follows:

Line: 18

Char: 2

Error: Object Required

Code: 0

URL: http://xxxxxxx.ca/store/admin/categories.php

I opened up the categories.php file, and the line is as follows:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

Any ideas if this is related to the above post?

Thanks!

can anyone tell me why the goonload call is throwing a register globals error to whit:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

When i remove the goonload call i get no error and i have reg globals on in my php ini file...

Any ideas?? Someone else asked this an nobody was kind enuff to answer....

I have the exact same issue & question, I have yet to resolve it. Is there anyone here that can help us out?

laur0406, unfortunately I do not have the problem on my installation. So I guess this is somenting specific to your setup. check the installation again and maybe other javascript you may have on the same page.

I can add prefix and prices without any problems

laur0406, unfortunately I do not have the problem on my installation. So I guess this is somenting specific to your setup. check the installation again and maybe other javascript you may have on the same page.

Phocea >> can it depend on that i/we have Actual Attribute Price V1.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1716) installed?

Hi there,

I've been reading a lot about this contrib and I'm going to install v2.3c Beta, but I have a question regarding the instructions. Specifically, the bit about configuring with an attribute sorting contibution....I've found several Attribute sorting contribs...which one should I use? In other words, in the instructions it says...

Additonal Notes for other contribution compatability

(Only needed if you have any of the following contributions installed)

- Instructions for Sort Order Plugin

1) Open admin/attributeManager/classes/attributeManagerConfig.class.php

Find (Around line 59)

$this->add('AM_USE_SORT_ORDER' , false);

Change from false to true if you want to use the sort order functionality

$this->add('AM_USE_SORT_ORDER' , true);

Find (Around line 65)

$this->add('AM_FIELD_OPTION_SORT_ORDER','products_options_sort_order'); // Sort column on Products_options table

$this->add('AM_FIELD_OPTION_VALUE_SORT_ORDER','products_options_sort_order'); // Sort column on product_attributes table

Can anyone tell which Sort Order Plugin these instructions refer to?

I just want to make sure that I can sort the attribute values the way they should appear, e.g. Small, Medium, Large.....

Thanks,

Adam

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Weird. I installed v2.1 and the prices and prefixes work no problem, but all te version after give me the same javascript error.

So, I guess for anyone having the same problem, unless you need the sort order support, install the 2.1 version. So far I've had no problems with it.

Does anyone know if this contribution will automatically work with 'attributes sort' or any other contribution that changes the admin/product_attributes.php page by adding a new field to the footer area next to the 'prefix'?

Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I did what laur0406 did - installed the older version 2.1 - and now everything works - Whatever went wrong in the newer versions??

Helle

I had no need to change prices based on attributes, so I didn't notice the problem until I tried to see if I had the error. I tried to add prices, but it didn't work. Per advice, I installed 2.1b and price attributes worked.

I have STS and Ultra Pics installed. If anyone else is having the same problem, try the 2.1b package as it seems to do everything it should and works for many people.

Even with these minor problems, this contribution has saved me many headaches and enough time to warrant any additional steps I've needed to take to get it working. Do not let a few minor problems deter you from adding this awesome contribution.

Thanks.

are all of you adding this contribution to stores with existing product attributes? im very interested in adding it to my store, but want to make sure its fine to add it to a store with lots of products and attributes already.

What? Yeah, I can do that.