The e-commerce.

Complete UK Shipping Module Mow Available

markafcb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've just installed this and get the same error. Looks like it could be the answer to my (current!) prayers if I can get it to work...

We ship worldwide, with all sorts of different package sizes and weights, so I need a versatile solution to the shipping costs issue, but I know very little about PHP!

Steve.

(shop: http://turner-store.turner-auto-design.com)

hi

i installed this contribution but get the message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class first in /...../includes/modules/shipping/first.php on line 97

can anyone help please?

Thanks, Mark! :thumbsup:

Hi all, I am working on a fix for this issue, seems to happen to some OSCommerce installs and not others, maybe to do with installed contribs, I will PM you both when it is fixed.

Leave it with me.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

When i try to set a weight of over 10000 (10kg) it seems to error and change it to 9999.99 and the cost seems to stop at ?12 on standard parcels. Anyone know how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have downloaded your module and being very new - this my first module I have tried to do anything with and do not know what to do ?? can you please advise ?? I copied the 5 php files into the same folders that they came from (like for like if you know what I mean) but I get nothing in the Admin module shipping section to install like the others that are already there.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious - Your module sounds so great I'm desprate to get it to work??

Please help,

Trace

PS I have also posted in the main shipping modules topic but found this one and thought it might be more appropriate.

Hi,

I have downloaded your module and being very new - this my first module I have tried to do anything with and do not know what to do ?? can you please advise ?? I copied the 5 php files into the same folders that they came from (like for like if you know what I mean) but I get nothing in the Admin module shipping section to install like the others that are already there.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious - Your module sounds so great I'm desprate to get it to work??

Please help,

Trace

PS I have also posted in the main shipping modules topic but found this one and thought it might be more appropriate.

V6 kindly replied to my other thread about the 10 files and I now have the module installed - wahoo!!!

But I get a problem with a first class, first class rec and 2nd class saying not available for this order and yet it allows special and standard? how is the weight calculated?? Sorry and just new

Regards

Trace

Sorry me again - ignore my above post - I found lailasmums post earlier with the string in grams and I understand and its now working so thank you so much.

I'm getting there slowly - need to work out how to change the text from registered to recorded now!!

Someone I saw earlier did it so it can't be that hard can it!

Thanks again to Lailasmum and to mark for the module itself -Thank you

Trace

HI there,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread and Mark for the contribution

I'm a little confused about the costs its outputing.

ive set the tare on all products to 1 - not sure how that works but hey ho.

The product i'm testing with has no attributes.(apart from the weight obviously (300))

my figures arent matching those anywhere in the contribution. any ideas gratefully received.

good luck,

Tim

Im having trouble with adding extra zones to the this contribution. When I go to insert my Cost values for the new zones it will only let me enter 68 characters not up to the 255char as it should. which is a little strange as the table allows 255. I suspect the problem is in admin/modules.php but its becoming a bit much for me. Any Ideas?? Great Module though! I just need more values ~220..

Thanks,

Greg

Im having trouble with adding extra zones to the this contribution. When I go to insert my Cost values for the new zones it will only let me enter 68 characters not up to the 255char as it should. which is a little strange as the table allows 255. I suspect the problem is in admin/modules.php but its becoming a bit much for me. Any Ideas?? Great Module though! I just need more values ~220..

Thanks,

Greg

I found my problem,,, it was Firefox... :rolleyes:

I've just added this shipping module and set the rates found earlier in the post,

the weights are all set to gramms and the tare weight is set to 0. but when i

get to shipping during checkout i see this:-

Royal Mail First Class

Low Value Orders ?4.50

Royal Mail 2nd Class

Non-Urgent Low Value Orders ?3.15

Royal Mail Standard Parcel

Non-urgent deliveries ?57.75

Royal Mail Recorded

Signature On Delivery (Insured Upto ?30) ?15.00

Royal Mail Special Delivery

Urgent or higher value - Insurance Included Upto ?2500 ?61.50

can anyone tell me why the rate is so high for standard parcel and special delivery :thumbsup:

^^^hi, i just installed this and im getting a similar problem... im guessing its got to do with the fact first, second and recorded are in grams and Standard and special are in KG...

however i was wondering is there anything i can do to sort it out?

thanx in advance

i've installed this contribution as i found it through this topic.

i cant seem to get it working

all the weights and prices are the same as when installing the contribution.

for a product which weighs 50grams (0.50 in the product weight field):

Royal Mail 2nd Class

Sorry, this shipping option is not available for this order

Royal Mail First Class

Royal Mail Recorded

Royal Mail Standard Parcels

Non-Urgent - Insurance Included Upto ?500 ?7.70

Urgent or higher value - Insurance Included Upto ?2500 ?18.50

and for a product which weighs 1.5KG (1.5 in the product weight field)

Royal Mail 2nd Class

Royal Mail First Class

Royal Mail Recorded

Non-Urgent - Insurance Included Upto ?500 ?10.99

Urgent or higher value - Insurance Included Upto ?2500 ?18.50

For the second product i understand why first/ second and recorded are not available as the price of the product means they are not in use, but for the rest i cant seem to figure out why its not working...

any help will be appreciated thanx

ok, i've got it working for low weight items but for high weight items its well off

Royal Mail 2nd Class

Royal Mail First Class

Royal Mail Recorded

Non-Urgent - Insurance Included Upto ?500 ?793.00

Urgent or higher value - Insurance Included Upto ?2500 ?847.00

i think its the same problem Shaun had earlier but it was posted how it was fixed. i'l pm him and ask

• 3 weeks later...
ok, i've got it working for low weight items but for high weight items its well off

i think its the same problem Shaun had earlier but it was posted how it was fixed. i'l pm him and ask

Here is how I got it working.

From the main admin menu select Configuration>Shipping/Packaging

Set Country of Origin to United Kingdom

Set Postal Code to your postal code

set Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship to the maximum weight you will send (I set mine to 50000 grams)

Set Package Tare weight. to your average packaging weight (This is the weight of the actual box or packaging you use to send your item. Therefore if your item weighs 100grams and the box you send it in weighs 100grams then it will automatically add the weight of the packaging onto your item weight.)

Set Larger packages - percentage increase. (I set this to 0 as I found out that with larger weights it was adding on a percentage)

Also I found a way to stop the rounding up of weights.

In the database there is a table called products and within this table there is a field called products_weight which has length values set to 5,2 which means it will only allow 5 digit numbers with 2 decimal places. So for example if you entered 1000 it would round it down to 999.99 or if you set it to 0.045 it would round it up to 0.04. By changing this value to 8,3 it will allow you to enter weights as either grams e.g 1Kg would be 1000 grams or as Kilograms e.g 60 grams is 0.060 kg.

Just remember that whatever units you use as your product weight must be reflected in the shipping table.

I hope this makes sense.

Here is how I got it working.

From the main admin menu select Configuration>Shipping/Packaging

Set Country of Origin to United Kingdom

Set Postal Code to your postal code

set Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship to the maximum weight you will send (I set mine to 50000 grams)

Set Package Tare weight. to your average packaging weight (This is the weight of the actual box or packaging you use to send your item. Therefore if your item weighs 100grams and the box you send it in weighs 100grams then it will automatically add the weight of the packaging onto your item weight.)

Set Larger packages - percentage increase. (I set this to 0 as I found out that with larger weights it was adding on a percentage)

Also I found a way to stop the rounding up of weights.

In the database there is a table called products and within this table there is a field called products_weight which has length values set to 5,2 which means it will only allow 5 digit numbers with 2 decimal places. So for example if you entered 1000 it would round it down to 999.99 or if you set it to 0.045 it would round it up to 0.04. By changing this value to 8,3 it will allow you to enter weights as either grams e.g 1Kg would be 1000 grams or as Kilograms e.g 60 grams is 0.060 kg.

Just remember that whatever units you use as your product weight must be reflected in the shipping table.

I hope this makes sense.