Super Contact us enhancement 1.0

John-Peter

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I installed the latest version (1.3) of this great contribution, but kept getting errors ( well, maybe not errors, but i couldnt get it to show the "Your enquiry has been successfully sent to the Store Owner" page.)

So i decided to install an older version ( PelleonUK's version 1.2) and it works flawlessly. I Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I installed the latest version (1.3) of this great contribution, but kept getting errors ( well, maybe not errors, but i couldnt get it to show the "Your enquiry has been successfully sent to the Store Owner" page.)

So i decided to install an older version ( PelleonUK's version 1.2) and it works flawlessly. I Hope this helps.

Hi all.

This is a fantastic contribution, easy to install, onlt take 5 minutes. But I have to say that for some reason it has Flaws, that have been posted in previous articles.

Like the Confirmation page not showing, or emails not being sent through. Maybe someone with some PHP coding experience could pick up this contribution and have a go at finding out why so many people are having problems with it.

I used Standard osCommerce Contact_us files and still had the errors. with ver 1.3 the confirmation page doesn't show, With ver 1.2 I dont get emails sent. I don't know what going on. Can anybody please have a look at the code and Correct it. :thumbsup:

I have been trying to get this contribution to work for the last 2 hours.

I install it exactly as set out in the installation instructions (i've even tried reinstalling it about 10 times) but all i get when i click on 'Contact Us' is a blank page, nothing on it whatsoever.

I've tried all of the versions but i have the same problem with all of them.

Please help!!!!

Cheers

Shane

Shane blank php page usually occurs because of missing ";" at the end of lines. So i guess you changed your main code exidentally instead of only editing the necessary lines. That's all i can say with the description you give above :)

Shane blank php page usually occurs because of missing ";" at the end of lines. So i guess you changed your main code exidentally instead of only editing the necessary lines. That's all i can say with the description you give above :)

Hi Hakand,

Thank you for your quick reply. I made certain i was only editing the neccessary lines. I ended up copying the code pasted on Page 1 of this forum by 'buttonfactory' and it worked like a charm. I then edited the code to suit my site.

Cheers again!!

Shane

Is there any way to incresae the width size of the drop down men , i have the first reasaon showing truncated

i tested this but didnt change anything , i added the parametres :

,'','width="100px"'

foreach(explode("," ,CONTACT_US_LIST) as $k => $v) {
					$send_to_array[] = array('id' => $k, 'text' => preg_replace('/\<[^*]*/', '', $v));
				 }
			echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('send_to',  $send_to_array,'','width="100px"');

MS2

This contribution seems very interesting but can be added after adding the Super Enhancement Contact Us Contribution [ http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4029]

I look at the bits of of code to be added in contact_us.php and I can't figure out really where I should add the code for this contribution...

If someone can help me out, I'd be super grateful!

Hi all.

This is a fantastic contribution, easy to install, onlt take 5 minutes. But I have to say that for some reason it has Flaws, that have been posted in previous articles.

Like the Confirmation page not showing, or emails not being sent through. Maybe someone with some PHP coding experience could pick up this contribution and have a go at finding out why so many people are having problems with it.

I used Standard osCommerce Contact_us files and still had the errors. with ver 1.3 the confirmation page doesn't show, With ver 1.2 I dont get emails sent. I don't know what going on. Can anybody please have a look at the code and Correct it. :thumbsup:

Same exact problems for me. I went back to the default form. I love this contribute, but I need the emails to be sent and for the conformation page to show up.

I have this contrib installed and working. The look is clean and professional, and it is much appreciated :D

However... when the 'continue button' is clicked, the page simply refreshes and there is nothing to tell the customer that the email was sent successfully. I have tested this on two seperate computers, one running Firefox, the other IE 7. I have read through this section of the forum, and if I missed the answer, I apologize. Will someone point me in the right direction?

Also, is there a definitive answer to "Will this work with VVS?" I don't have it installed, but I would like to...

shop is www.gemanje.com/shop/index.php

Edited by acharme

learn...love...laugh...live

I have this contrib installed and working. The look is clean and professional, and it is much appreciated :D

However... when the 'continue button' is clicked, the page simply refreshes and there is nothing to tell the customer that the email was sent successfully. I have tested this on two seperate computers, one running Firefox, the other IE 7. I have read through this section of the forum, and if I missed the answer, I apologize. Will someone point me in the right direction?

Also, is there a definitive answer to "Will this work with VVS?" I don't have it installed, but I would like to...

Which version you have installed ??

John

--------------------

osCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge

Anjelina,

I Just tested and checked your web site. It seem the problem when you click send, the page simply refreshes and there is nothing to tell the customer that the email was sent successfully come from the "Super Contact us enhancement 1.2" version. If you try the version just below which is from me, you don't get this error, download and install "Super Contact us enhancement 1.1 Picture" and tell me if all is ok after this.

John

--------------------

Anjelina,

I Just tested and checked your web site. It seem the problem when you click send, the page simply refreshes and there is nothing to tell the customer that the email was sent successfully come from the "Super Contact us enhancement 1.2" version. If you try the version just below which is from me, you don't get this error, download and install "Super Contact us enhancement 1.1 Picture" and tell me if all is ok after this.

Hi Everyone,

Please do the same thing I just write in the last message.

John

--------------------

I have installed the 1.1 version and everything is great! Can you tell me what I did to get the double drop-down? Somewhere I must not have deleted something, but I have gone over it 4 times now, and I can't see it...

Also, does this work with Visual Verify Code?

I have installed the 1.1 version and everything is great! Can you tell me what I did to get the double drop-down? Somewhere I must not have deleted something, but I have gone over it 4 times now, and I can't see it...

Also, does this work with Visual Verify Code?

If you want the drop down menu, follow the instruction in the TXT file, it's very easy. And yes you can merge the Visual verify code, it's work but do attention to what you do... Good luck :thumbsup: .

John

--------------------

hi, the contribution is great but i have two problems maybe other people have the same

1: when the client sent the e-mail he dont' receive a sucess mensage

2: the email subject are next to Send Contact Form Email To

my question is if i can improve this bugs in my instalation

thanks

Make sure that you have the 1.1 version by Jeep. You will get the success message.

When you install, pay attention to the words in what you copy paste...all of the shop hours and stuff are there and that is where you will edit them. The shop address and name is picked up auto from the info that you entered in your shop's config.

For anyone coming up with double drop downs, this is what I did:

in catalog/contact_us.php :

this is line 205-218 in mine

}else{

foreach(explode("," ,CONTACT_US_LIST) as $k => $v) {

$send_to_array[] = array

('id' => $k, 'text' => preg_replace('/\<[^*]*/', '', $v));

}

// echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('send_to', $send_to_array);

}

echo ;

}

?>

</td>

<tr></tr>

<td height="10" valign="top" class="main">

<?php echo ENTRY_REASON; ?><br>

Notice the tep_draw_pull_down_menu part is commented out. Then in includes/language/english/contact_us.php:

about lines 25-26

//define('SEND_TO_TYPE', 'radio'); //this will create a radio buttons for

//define('SEND_TO_TYPE', ''); //Change to this for a dropdown menu.

Notice that both are commented.

Wish you luck :thumbsup:

syntax error, unexpected $end.

Hi,

After I installed this contributions, I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in c:\Program Files\xamp\htdoc\oscbase\contact_us.php on line 451

And line 451 is a blank line.

I also installed the Anti Robot Registration Validation contribution and set it require code validation on the contact_us page.

I have search the internet for this problem, all I get is the three reason: 1. miss curly braces; 2. use short hand <? instead of <?php, and this not enabled in php.ini file; 3. php class definition can't cross multiple file or block... I have carefully check the code and believe none of this reason causes this problem. And the interesting thing is that, the contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3925, works fine but this (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4029) not!

Do any of you have the same problem?

The latest from 26 jan. doesn't work!

If you are logged on and does not fill out the validation code - it simply send the message.

If you are not logged on, it seems to work?

PS: I have set the admin to "true" in Activate for Contact Us

Helle