The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I hope this is the place to post this and I hope it doesn't disrupt other threads...

I've been using the Protx contrib for about 5 days. It was all going swimmingly until I emailed out a few discount coupons. The one thing I hadn't tested was CCGV with the Protx module.

Anyway, I saw that customers were being told that their card details would not work once they had included the discount, so I started to mod & test overnight. In fact, I've been referring to earlier threads in this topic re. CCGV(trad).

Basically, with the coupon entered, a non-specific error occurs. ie. they get blocked but with no specific reason, only "- Your credit card could not be authorized". I tried using the suggested mods and moving the calls to functions but it made no difference. In the end, I deleted and reinstalled the contrib and cleared all cached details I could find but it still returns the error, even without the coupon code.

I'm beginning to suspect it is Protx blocking me for trying too many transactions on a live server but I can't be sure. Does anyone have any experience of this - or is there a change I need to make that I haven't?

I have contacted Protx and waiting for a response. But I would still like to rule everything else out..

Thanks,

Rols.

I've just followed some hints about CURL and uncommented the lines 368/9 which has suddenly brought it back to life! This is v odd as it was working fine until I made some changes to checkout_process.php.

Does anyone know if it possible to break curl? Or how I could have affected: CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER /CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just installed the Protx Direct module and have followed the install instructions to the letter.

However, if I amend any values within the admin section when I press submit/save the entries go back to their default values.

Can anyone help solve this perplexing problem ... many thanks

John Keiller

@pynchon - I don't think this is a problem with the Protx module - any changes to the settings are stored in the configuration table of the database by modules.php. Have you modified this file in any way? Do you have any contribution that cache the configuration table? Are you able to save the changes to settings for other payment / shipping modules?

=========================================

I have just uploaded v3.0 of the module.

Changes include:

• Fixed simulator mode testing.
  • Rewritten to integrate 3D-Secure (Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode)
  • Instead of all processing being performed in the protx_direct module it now redirects to a new protx_process file. This facilitates the redirection need by 3DSecure. Processing a transaction now follows the format below:
    - Customer enters card details on your site. Protx_direct module posts the details to protx_process.
    - protx_process posts the details to the Protx servers.
    - Protx servers reply to the post - if the transaction if authorised the order is completed.
    - If the transaction is declined the customer is returned to the payment page
    - If Protx servers reply with the message '3DAUTH', protx_process then redirects away from your site to the card issuer's website to perform 3D-secure verification.
    - The card issures site posts a encoded message back to your site's protx_process
    - This encoded message is sent to the Protx servers for validation.
    - If it passes 3D-secure then the order is completed, if not the customer is sent to the payment page with an error.
  • 3D-Secure is an important development for merchants - it shifts the liability of chargebacks from merchant to card issuer in cases of fraud.

I have not been able to test this version with some of the other contributions out there that modify the checkout process (e.g CCGV or FEC/PWA). Please ensure you test this module appropriately on your test site before integrating onto a live server.

As usual report any problems back here.

Tom

@pynchon - I don't think this is a problem with the Protx module - any changes to the settings are stored in the configuration table of the database by modules.php. Have you modified this file in any way? Do you have any contribution that cache the configuration table? Are you able to save the changes to settings for other payment / shipping modules?

I have just tried to make a change to the Flat Rate shipping module with similar results to the Protx Direct one .... I have applied a few contributions

Loginbox

MSRP

Tell a friend

Attribute Sets Plus

What should I be looking for ..... I am a bit lost.

Many Thanks

JK

I have just tried to make a change to the Flat Rate shipping module with similar results to the Protx Direct one .... I have applied a few contributions

Loginbox

MSRP

Tell a friend

Attribute Sets Plus

What should I be looking for ..... I am a bit lost.

Many Thanks

JK

I move the site recently from one server to another

I have just tried to amend the Flat Rate shipping on the old server and it took the change I made

Could it be an issue with the two configure.php files I had to amend to get the database to work ?

Have I gone wrong with the database import ?

I'm in distress

JK

:)

Hi

i seem to be having problems with this script everything works to the point of confirming order i then get the bellow. it also doesnt seem to add the the orders in the admin section.

any help would be much apresiated

VPSProtocol=2.22 Status=NOTAUTHED StatusDetail=VSP Direct transaction from VSP Simulator. VPSTxId={*******************} SecurityKey=*******************=NO DATA MATCHES AddressResult=NOTMATCHED PostCodeResult=MATCHED CV2Result=NOTMATCHED VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=*******************&VendorTxCode=*******************&Amount=*******************&Currency=GBP&Description=Order+Number%3A+1&CardHolder=*******************&CardNumber=*******************&StartDate=0202*******************&ExpiryDate=*******************&IssueNumber=&CV2=*******************&CardType=VISA&CustomerEMail=*******************&ContactNumber=*******************&BillingAddress=*******************&DeliveryAddress=*******************&CAVV=&XID=&ECI=&ClientIPAddress=*******************&Basket=5%3ASolid+Curves+Bangle%3A1%3A32%3A0.00%3A32.00%3A32.00%3ACognac+Links%3A1%3A20%3A0.00%3A20.00%3A20.00%3ABolted+Earrings%3A1%3A20%3A0.00%3A20.00%3A20.00%3ASpectrum%3A1%3A25%3A0.00%3A25.00%3A25.00%3AShipping%3A1%3A0%3A----%3A0%3A0&3DSecureStatus=

it seems to be sending to the test server but thats all. i just need to to confirm order and add the the admins arders of the site.

Hi,

I have searched the forum but could not find anything relating to my problem. I have installed the following contribution to OS Commerce 2.2 MS2

Protx Direct v3.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4026

I followed the install.txt document to the letter, however when i get to this stage:

*Go into Admin > Modules > Payment, and select "Protx Direct", and then "Install" I receive the following error messages:

Warning: main(/www/myshop/shop/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc_validation.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/myshop/shop/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/www/myshop/shop/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc_validation.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/share/pear') in /home/www/myshop/shop/admin/modules.php on line 128

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: check() in /home/www/myshop/shop/admin/modules.php on line 134

I don't appear to have cc_validation.php in the path indicated above. I have manually located this file from /includes/classes and it reduces the error message to

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class cc_validation in /home/www/myshop/shop/includes/modules/payment/cc_validation.php on line 12

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Lewis

@pynchon - there could be a problem with your configure.php file. Check both the catalog & admin ones have the correct database config details (and that they are the same!).

@oxley - it is not adding the order in admin because you have debug mode enabled - disable debug mode and it should add them (if it is not declined). I note from what you posted you are using simulator mode - depending on the setting you have set in the Protx simulator admin area it may decline every attempt - check what setting you are using or try the test server instead.

@Lewisy - the protx module does not use cc_validations becuase this was out-of-date but it's own version. Despite this there should not be a file call cc_validations.php in your includes/modules/payment directory it should be located in includes/classes. I suspect that this is why you are getting the error.

Tom

@pynchon - there could be a problem with your configure.php file. Check both the catalog & admin ones have the correct database config details (and that they are the same!).

@oxley - it is not adding the order in admin because you have debug mode enabled - disable debug mode and it should add them (if it is not declined). I note from what you posted you are using simulator mode - depending on the setting you have set in the Protx simulator admin area it may decline every attempt - check what setting you are using or try the test server instead.

@Lewisy - the protx module does not use cc_validations becuase this was out-of-date but it's own version. Despite this there should not be a file call cc_validations.php in your includes/modules/payment directory it should be located in includes/classes. I suspect that this is why you are getting the error.

Tom

Thanks Tom, you are right, the cc_validations.php is in the correct place 'includes/classes' and not in the .../modules/payment'. The problem is the error message seems to indicate that's where it expects it to be. I have installed a fresh copy of MS2 and will install your contribution again to rule out any other contributions i may of applied that may of inadvertently affected things.

Hello.

I've got Protx Direct v3.0a integrated with my OSCommerce site and can process credit card transactions OK. However, if I put through incorrect details I get redirected to the signin page (login.php)

If I enter all invalid details (card number, end date, cvv) then I get redirected to login.php when I click Continue on from checkout_payment.php

If I enter a correct card number, but end date and cvv then get redirected to login.php when I click Confirm Order on from checkout_confirmation.php

Does this make any sense? Shouldn't I be getting some kind of error message?

I'd really appreciate help with this.

Thanks

Shaun

PS If you want to try breaking it for yourself the website is www.xtendedplay.co.uk :blink:

You should be getting error messages and correct redirect to the payment page but it would seem (I've have a quick look at your site) that it is losing the session variable for some reason. I see you do not seem to be using cookies - they can help to allievate the problem (but obviously not solving the problem).

I've had another look throught the protx module and I can't see why it is losing the session - all the redirects are constructed correctly to pass the session variable. I've tried disabling cookies on my site but can't reproduce the fault.

How are you storing sessions? File-based or database (check configure.php for this) - database sessions seem to be less troublesome.

Have you modified the checkout process in any way from the original osC?

Has your tep_href_link function in includes/functions/html_output.php been modified in anyway?

Tom

Edited by perfectpassion

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the hints, it's very much appreciated.

Below are the session settings for the website:

Title Value Action

Session Directory /home/myhomedir/tmp

Force Cookie Use False Info

Check SSL Session ID False Info

Check User Agent False Info

Check IP Address False Info

Prevent Spider Sessions True Info

Recreate Session False Info

Note: The directory myhomedir has been swapped with my hosting account name for security.

When I've got time tomorrow I'll try switching the sessions variable in configure.php. To enable database stored sessions should it be set to 'mysql' as suggested in the file?

I have Ultimate SEO installed that has modified html_output.php. I'll re-check the code changes are correct for that.

Thanks

Shaun

Hi PP

many thanks for the suggestions you gave for my issue the other day.

I have tried to solve it but nothing I tried solved it ... so decided to get muddy instead and make the changes direct to the database table ... something I have never done before ... and lo and behold it all worked a dream.

this is a fantastic contrib ... and despite my problems with editing setting has worked very very smoothly .. all tests worked and fingers crossed it'll work when it all goes live :)

one thing though .... my confirmation emails have stopped being sent to the 'customer' ... but at least we can now take their money :)

cheers

jk

hi tom everything is uploaded and working. i am just in the prosses of going live what will i need to change and for this to work also what settings di i need in the admin sectio of the site when i try a transaction i get this warning

VSP Direct cannot find your vendor name. Ensure you have have supplied a Vendor field with your VSP Vendor name assigned to it. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

When going live just change the "Transaction mode" to Live from either test or simulator. The error about vendor name is either becuase you have entered your vendorname wrong in the module settings or (more commonly) that Protx has not yet setup the live/test accounts.

Have a read of http://www.protx.com/downloads/docs/protxrulebaseguide.pdf for details of correctly setting up the CVV/AVS & 3D-Secure anti-fraud checks in the PRotx admin area.

Hi Tom,

Excellent work on this contribution!

Just thought I'd mention there's a semi-colon missing from end of the english.php section of the install instructions that you might want to add before your next release...

*add to includes/languages/english.php

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_DECLINED_MESSAGE', 'Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_ERROR', 'Credit Card Error!');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_AVS_CVV_ERROR','There has been an error with the security checks. Please check your billing address matches your card statement address and the security code (CVV) is correct and try again.')

Otherwise a perfect install.

Thanks

jon

:: Web Jetty

:: ...bringing art to the digital world

:: http://webjetty.co.uk/

hello Tom and everyone

i have been setting this VSP Direct 3.0a with 3D secure up on my site everything went fine until i tired to test an Amex card, i get the following error (on the IE/Firefox address bar):

------------error message-----------
https://www.MyWebsiteXXX.co.uk/checkout_payment.php?error_message=The%20vendor%20name%20'apple'%20is%20not%20recognised.%20-%20Your+credit+card+could+not+be+authorized+for+this+reason. +Please+correct+any+information+and+try+again+or+contact+us+for+further+assistan
ce.

-----------end of error message----------

www.MyWebsiteXXX.co.uk = replace my actual site

apple = replace my actual vendor name

All other transactions i.e. visa, mastercard, solo, switch, delta worked fine with the vendor we use.

Also there is one thing I noticed when trying Solo card, this transaction brought 3D Secure page up for me to enter password. IS this correct, i thought only master card and visa will bring this up.

please help with the above matters

Thank you

mangotrees

This might seem a bit obvious but do you have an AMEX merchant account and it is setup with Protx (you have to have a separate merchant account for amex as well as your normal merchant account)?

I'm not sure about Solo cards but it will only bring up the 3D secure page if the bank supports it for that card.

Tom

This might seem a bit obvious but do you have an AMEX merchant account and it is setup with Protx (you have to have a separate merchant account for amex as well as your normal merchant account)?

I'm not sure about Solo cards but it will only bring up the 3D secure page if the bank supports it for that card.

Tom

Tom,

thanks for reply

i do have Amex merchant number and i am quite sure protx has set that up for us. will email them to find out.

mangotrees.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the hints about session IDs. Watching the address bar as I navigated through checkout I could see the session ID get re-issued. It was also happening when clicking Buy Now buttons on the product listings.

So did a bit of digging around and found that my /includes/configure.php had some incorrect settings. Found this really useful thread on how it should be conifigured for an SSL environment:

http://www.unitedforums.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4217

Changed HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN to be blank and hey presto sessions started working correctly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Shaun

You should be getting error messages and correct redirect to the payment page but it would seem (I've have a quick look at your site) that it is losing the session variable for some reason. I see you do not seem to be using cookies - they can help to allievate the problem (but obviously not solving the problem).

I've had another look throught the protx module and I can't see why it is losing the session - all the redirects are constructed correctly to pass the session variable. I've tried disabling cookies on my site but can't reproduce the fault.

How are you storing sessions? File-based or database (check configure.php for this) - database sessions seem to be less troublesome.

Have you modified the checkout process in any way from the original osC?

Has your tep_href_link function in includes/functions/html_output.php been modified in anyway?

Tom