• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - that looks fine. You say test mode works and only simulation mode doesn't.

Can you try using a real card in production mode - does that work?? (If you go into protx admin and VOID the transaction on the same day it will never reach the bank and therefore will not cost you and fees etc i.e. the transaction will never happen).

Tom

Thanks - that looks fine. You say test mode works and only simulation mode doesn't.

Can you try using a real card in production mode - does that work?? (If you go into protx admin and VOID the transaction on the same day it will never reach the bank and therefore will not cost you and fees etc i.e. the transaction will never happen).

Tom

I will do, but my account isn't live yet. My client requested it to go live earlier today, so i'llcome back when it's live and production mode works.

Thanks

Mike

I will do, but my account isn't live yet. My client requested it to go live earlier today, so i'llcome back when it's live and production mode works.

Thanks

Mike

hi tom

It seems that I was a little too eager to ask for help yesterday, as soon as I switched it to production mode - it worked :D

Thanks again for the help

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't have to be updated but for increased security/anti-fraud it should.

I'm currently working on it - i'll let you know when it's ready!!

Tom

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the whole idea of you overwriting my version 2 with your version was that you had updated it with 3DSecure? I admit that I don't track this much since you took over responsibility for the module.

Vger

I updated to to comply with protx's v2.22 protocol with extra features such as delivery address/contact details etc that is used for the 3rd man fraud scoring that protx provide and prepare for 3D secure the protx have been promising to launch since April. Now they have launched it they've completely changed the way that the 3d secure is implemented it mean more work (it requires sending transaction to protx then if the card issuer supportes 3d-secure the customer needs to be re-directed to the banks site, enter their details which must then be returned by your site to protx for final authorisation).

Tom

i desperately need hep in trying to get this module to work.

currently in test mode,installed fine, able to go through the checkout process until you click on confirm order and the only thing that happens is that it takes you back to the login screen, and doesnt allow you to go any further. and cant compete the order process. To log back into the system you have to come out of the secure environment, and login in again but your cart contents are still in the basket.

i am not sure where i go from here in order to fix this

please help

Hi Tom

Firstly, great contribution! I haven't had any issues from beginning to the latest upgrade and plan to implement 3d secure in the future.

My question is to do with card validation on the checkout_payment page of my store;

How can I stop it checking for correct number formats for individual card types so that customers can have an easier life? I get a lot of complaints from customers whos say that it won't accept their card details even though they are correct you see. Doesn't Protx handle all this anyway?

Best Regards

Mike

My bespoke oscom store ...

www.linenslimited.co.uk

:D

The last few versions of the protx direct module doesn't validate the card type - it presents the customer with a drop down list to choose the card type (protx does the validation afterwards). the module does however check the card number is technically valid.

HTH,

Tom

edit:- FYI your site is timeing out when I tried to take a look!

Edited by perfectpassion

The last few versions of the protx direct module doesn't validate the card type - it presents the customer with a drop down list to choose the card type (protx does the validation afterwards). the module does however check the card number is technically valid.

HTH,

Tom

edit:- FYI your site is timeing out when I tried to take a look!

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply ... Can you let me know which part of the code checks that the card number is technically valid so that I can make any necessary adjustments to try to solve my problem?

Regarding the timing out issue I have just updated the subnet mask on the outside LAN card and according to www.dnsstuff.com and www.squish.net/dnscheck/ the site is 100% up without timing errors. If you wouldn't mind, could you try to view it one more time please?

I appreciate your help

Best Regards

Mike

:D

After the customer has completed the payment details on checkout_payment the CC number is run through includes/classes/protx_cc_validation.php which checks the dates are appropriate and the actual card number is valid (it doesn't check against card types).

I can access your site fine from work - I'll check from home later.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom (or anyone else that can help!)

I have the module running smoothly except a few problems...

1 - A lot of US customers cannot check out. They fill in their card details but the transaction fails. When I check in Protx admin their attempts do not even show up in Invalid or Failed transactions. It mainly seems to be Visa cards that are failing. In the US Visa cards have no start date, some customers think this is the problem. But I've put a UK Visa card through without entering the start date and it worked fine. Any suggestions please?

2 - I'm getting a lot of Failed transactions in Protx admin. When I look at them, the customer's email address and shipping address show up but there is no customer name or billing address, so the transaction is failing. I can see that some customers try again a few times and finally succeed, and there is a Successful transaction with all the correct details. I don't think there is any way for a customer to get to checkout without having given their name and billing address, I think these are somehow not being passed along to Protx. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'd be really grateful for any help.

Thanks!

Tatty

I think the "problems" are linked. All international transactions fail for me because I have AVS fraud checking enabled - this only works for UK cards. With the second point it a similar think - unfortunately it seems a problem with the protx admin area that it often doesn't record details when the transaction is rejected - making it look like a problem with oscommerce, the transaction later succeeds after the customer has corrected the billing address or CVV.

If it's a problem for you then you need to modify your AVS/CVV rules via the protx admin area.

Tom

Firstly I would like to thank you guys for this great contribution.

Everything is working fine except for one issue. I am using the latest contribution with FEC module. When incorrect CVV number is entered, the customer gets redirected to fec_shipping page.

At top of page in red strip it says:

Authorisation declined by bank. - Message : DECLINED - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

This transaction shows up in failed transactions page in protx. It also shows that the cvv number did not match.

I am just concerned why the new friendly CVV error does not show up in the red line? The error that comes (above) does not give the customer any information about why the transaction was declined and then they just go away.

Thanks you in advance for your assistance.

Hi there,

I have got a website that Im attempting to setup protx on but am having some problems.

I have installed the latest version from the osCommerce website (2.4a) and have entered the clients details. However when I attempt to put a transaction through nothing arrives at the protx end. I have spoken to protx and they have informed me that it is using GET instead of POST for sending the variables and as a result there isnt anything arriving at their end.

I have tried to get the debug output from it, but am unsure as to where this appears? (Ive enabled the debug mode, and turned on the server IP test mode as well as test mode). Where would I be able to view the debug output?.

The server info for curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4

When I put a transaction through on the website using one of the test card numbers it happily reports that the transaction was successful!

Can anyone shed any light on the issue or point me in the right direction.

I have full access to the server the website is hosted on, however it is a shared server with about 30 - 40 other sites also hosted on it (the shop im setting up does have its own dedicated IP address for SSL purposes) so making changes isnt too much of a problem.

Thanks in advance for any ideas / help.

Andy

@pbbabla - I can't comment about FEC but I imagine it shouldn't cause a problem. The only reason i can think of is that the declined message returned from protx isn't the usual CVV/AVS error message. What settings do you have in your protx admin area for the CVV / AVS rule base?

@castletech-andy - the protx direct module will never use GET (i.e it will always use POST) so I don't know where that comment is coming from! If you edit the includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php modules and uncomment the following 2 lines:

// Uncomment these lines if having problems connecting to Protx server
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
  // End of Add

does that make a difference?

If not then switch it to debug mode on with the server mode on 'test', then make a test transaction. The debug output should appear after the payment confirmation page. Post the info here (make sure any sensitive info is *** out).

Tom

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions so far, but still no joy.

Uncommenting those lines didnt make any difference unfortunately.

Im currently waiting for the client to answer their phone so that I can check the IP address that he input for the server when he setup the protx account (im pretty sure he had to enter both the IP address of the shared server and the sites dedicated IP address during setup).

Im also not getting any debug info still. When I go through the order process I enter the card details, click on continue. I then get the order confirmation page with all the card details / delivery address / order details listed, with the "confirm order" button at the bottom. Clicking on the confirm order takes me to the "Thanks for shopping with us" page. No debug info appears on any of the pages that I can see.

As far as I remember I didnt change any of the order pages when I was customising the website.

Ive also discovered that no matter what details I enter for the card info, it confirms that the order was OK. Im running the cre Loaded osCommerce install v6.2 standard if that makes any difference to anything.

Any more suggestions?.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Hi again,

Does it make a difference if the main administrative account at protx has been locked out (the one that uses the vendorID to login as the username)? Just curious as while trying to sort this issue out ive discovered the the client managed to lock it out about an hour after setting it up. And the second account that he has to setup to be able to move from test to live he didnt give any permissions for altering site settings.

Were currently waiting for protx to unlock it for us (and hopefully then ill also be able to check the IP addresses registered for the website).

Regards,

Andy

Im running the cre Loaded osCommerce install v6.2

The coding of CRE Loaded is a nightmare. It is not osCommerce and is not supported on these forums. For help with CRE Loaded you need to go to their support forums (good luck).

Vger

The coding of CRE Loaded is a nightmare. It is not osCommerce and is not supported on these forums. For help with CRE Loaded you need to go to their support forums (good luck).

Vger

I had a feeling someone might say that for some reason.

Im currently having fun adding our servers IP address in protx correctly - it doesnt like subnets unless their class C. Annoyingly our subnet for the webserver isnt (not sure what 255.255.254.0 is classed as). I'm kinda hoping this solves the issue, otherwise im going after the boss with a baseball bat for recommending this setup (protx + cre loaded on shared server) as being easy to setup.

Thanks for the suggestions people have given, ill now head over to the CRE Loaded forums and pray.

Regards,

Andy