• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

Hi Lotti,

As we are both usibg STS add the CSS reference to the template page and it will work...view source in IE to view checkout confirmation and make sure the page calls the thinkbox and .css. This is where i first had problems...if you look bottom left of the checkout confirmation page the thick box is there but unless the .css reference is there the thick box wont be centred..double check your template page....i updated from v3 to 5...and the only other updates/changes were in included in the 5. upgrade (apart from the Mysql upgrade doc in v4.4) hope this helps....

mn

Many thanks for mailing on this and you're right this was my problem. Thankfully Tom sorted me out last night and got it all working.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Is it possible to record the credit card type used in Protx Direct. When I download my orders into our accounting package, payments made by Amex need to go into a different merchant account to all others. I didn't see this was available in the order header.

Do you know if it is allowable to do this, and if so where the appropriate point in the code is that I need to update. I guess the cc_type field could be used for this in the orders table

Thanks for all the work done on this contribution by perfectpassion, and by vger and other

Regards

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I am running my testsite using the 'testvendor' account but the admin states 'Protx' rather than Sagepay - i've looked in the code and see no reference anywhere to 'sagepay', I am using osCommerce 2.2RC however the previous developer who has since left has given very little of changes (if any) to the Protx modules.

Can anyone provide me information to clearly state what I'll need to do now Protx has since become Sagepay...

Thanks

The main difference is that the service URLs have changed.

I suggest downloading the latest version of this module and upgrading your installation - all the changes are in the latest version.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok - You've missed out a line.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo DIR_WS_INCLUDES;?>thickbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

That needs adding in the <head> </head> section of checkout_confirmation.php

Hi Tom,

Hope you are well, I left a message on here a few months back about a similar if not same problem monkeynuts has been having. We are loosing around 5-10% of checkout due to thick box not loading fully.

I have now spoken to a lot of customers about it and they mention problems with IE 7, Safari on a PC, BT Yahoo Browser, and Various versions of Firefox oh and Opera.

I have tested them all my self and never been able to replicate the problem they have. But it is becoming rather difficult as the site is growing in traffic.

I have checked the remedies here and not found the solution applicable, and it maybe others have the same issue without knowing about it i guess?

In essence the problem is the all that appears is the horizontal time bar and from what I can work out not the grey out nor the thickbox.

Could you please let me know your thoughts on this and if you can help at all.

Thanks so much!

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure what the problem is. The latest version of the module is operating in a number of sites (several very busy) and I've not had feedback relating to this issue so I wonder if it may be a server issue.

The only thing I can think is perhaps the jquery or thickbox javascript files are not downloading fast enough (though they are not particularly large) is the server is intermittently slow or the user's connection too slow, particularly as it doesn't seem to be any one browser.

Are you on a shared or dedicated server?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me, interesting. We are running on a dedicated server, some customer report waiting upto 1 min before giving up.

The one time I have had the checkout fail was on the latest version of Firefox where it tried to load the box but failed. I tried again a few seconds and it was fine. The only browser that consistently fails is BT Yahoo which more people seem to be using (why!)

Would it be possible to preload the scripts perhaps?

Thanks for your help

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me, interesting. We are running on a dedicated server, some customer report waiting upto 1 min before giving up.

The one time I have had the checkout fail was on the latest version of Firefox where it tried to load the box but failed. I tried again a few seconds and it was fine. The only browser that consistently fails is BT Yahoo which more people seem to be using (why!)

Would it be possible to preload the scripts perhaps?

Thanks for your help

Peter

Hi Tom,

Sorry to go on, we have recently started having very serious complaints about our checkout, is there anyway we can stop AJAX altogether and just load it as it were in previous versions?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Peter

Hi Peter,

The scripts load at the top of the page and should normally be loaded by the time someone has had time to enter their credit card details and press submit. I suppose you could add the calls to load the script to the <head> section of checkout_payment so that the files are downloaded to the customer's pc on the previous page and should be in their cache for when they need them.

To go back to the old style the module would need re-writing.

It would be nice to get to the bottom of this problem - as I said previously it is in use on several very busy sites without issue.

Can you PM me your email and I'll send over the latest version of the module which contains a few tweaks I've done - I can't say that any one of them would definitely fix your intermittent problem but you never know!

• 3 months later...

Hi Tom,

I hope you are well, I have just found out a problem that has been bugging me for months. People had complained of not being able to see the submit button or cancel button when they hit 3D secure. I checked and checked, Turns out there is a problem if the use is running a small screen size, say on a netbook or old monitor, around 800x400 and then has text zoom on their browser turned on for + 100%. This means there is nothing the user can do to pass the page or progress through the checkout.

A lot of users may not even be aware they are zoomed in and we get some stinking rants about it, even from people who say they are IT consultants!

So now we know the problem, is there anyway to make the scroll area larger or re-size their box accordingly?

give it a go on your browser and see what happens, guess a lot of people are using netbooks or handhelds these days.

Thanks Tom will work on this too and let you know what solution I come up with. Guarantee it won't be anything as good as yours.

Peter

Edited by Zebrabanana

Hi readers,

I have made a few changes that I might help you, very simple sizes changes.

I have tested the following in screen resolutions as low as 800 x 600 for those people who might just might be living about 10 years ago. I believe there has been little compromise, apart from the slight cramping of the box.

Following Browsers have been tested. PC: Chrome, IE, Firefox - Mac: Safari, Firefox. - all most recent versions.. really want to test IE6 SP1 but can't run it myself.

Objective: To reduce the number of timeouts Protx reports. "possibly" due to people not being able to click the okay button on the 3D secure.

Problem: Thickbox scrolling overrides user page zooms and user is unable to find the submit and cancel buttons or worse enter the password into 3Dsecure on people with abnormal screen settings.

Line 179 of protx_direct.php changed height from 550 to 390 )ideal I would like to make this 80% or something to max out the potential of the window size.

document.write("<a href=\"'.str_replace('"', '\\"', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PROTX_PROCESS_WIN, 'height=390&width=500&modal=true', 'SSL').'" class="thickbox">'.tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES.$language.'/images/buttons/button_confirm_order.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM_ORDER)).'</a>");

thickbox.css line 122 - changed top from 50% to 45% because Firefox was putting the box in too low whilst other browsers were fine

#TB_load{
position: fixed;
display:none;
height:13px;
width:208px;
z-index:103;
top: 45%;
left: 50%;
margin: -6px 0 0 -104px; /* -height/2 0 0 -width/2 */

At the moment I get about 20 timeouts a month so I really hope these changes reduce that. Users have reported problems not finding the submit button or being able to use the 'close window' button when an error comes up.

Tom I hope you are okay with this post please let me know if you think it will cause a problem.

Thanks

Peter

Edited by Zebrabanana

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm having problems with the way customers' phone numbers and postcodes are passed to Sagepay.

If there are full stops or any other unusual characters in the phone number or postcode, then the payment won't go through.

Sagepay told me that for phone numbers, they only accept alphanumerics and - + ( )

And for postcodes, they only accept alphanumerics and spaces and hyphens.

I've tried searching for ways to acheive this on the create_account page. Does anyone know of a solution? Thank you!

Tatty

Hi

Just installed the latest version 5.1 with and have a simulator account at SagePay. It seems to process transactions fine, but when I use 3D secure after clicking 'Authenticated' I get a

Firefox can't find the file at https://test.sagepay.com/Simulator/httpswww.mywebsite.comprotx_process.phpaction3Dreturnprotx_id21.

As you can see my URL is missing formatting, I have FWR Media's Ultimate SEO URL's 5 installed and can only think that this may be causing a problem?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

Need some help please.

I have Protx Direct working fine all transactions going thru but when I log into Protx/Sagepay the 3DSecureStatus shows disabled.

How can I get this activated? - I now the 3D seucre is working on our account as our other websites are pushing the transactions and getting the 3D seure check carried out on the same account.

Urgent help needed.

Kunal

• 2 months later...

Hello.

I urgently require someone to install the newest version of Sagepay direct correctly onto my Cre Loaded store, fresh install 6.4.1

I have installed the latest version but it is not passing all the data properly so Sagepay have advised.

I am using One Page Checkout...

I know this is an OsCommerce forum, but you guys understand it better than anyone.

I will PAY for someone to fix this - As long as the price is reasonable.

Please PM me if you want the work with a price and timescale, if the price is good we can start right away.

Thanks