• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

Harvuk - could you expand a little more an what the problem is, it is probably me since i'm a bit tired at the moment but i'm struggling with what error (or is that no error) you are getting particularly with:

Tom,

the problem is that when customers are clicking the confirm transaction button, they are being returned back to the screen where they enter their card details, with no explanation why. The transaction has not been processed, but the customer doesn't know this.

I hope that's clearer, if not, let me know and I'll try again :)

Many thanks for your help.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

the problem is that when customers are clicking the confirm transaction button, they are being returned back to the screen where they enter their card details, with no explanation why. The transaction has not been processed, but the customer doesn't know this.

I hope that's clearer, if not, let me know and I'll try again :)

Many thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Could be difficult to track down the problem if it is only happening occaisonally - any extra detail when it happens would be really helpful (e.g card type, 1st 6 digits of card, any errors that appear to the customer etc).

Do you have any errors (failed or invalid transactions) when you go into the Protx admin area - if so what are the failure details.

thanks,

Tom

cai

I don't know if it's the same problem, but there was a similar problem with Authorize Net AIM and CCGV. In checkout _process.php someone using Authorize Net reported that the discount coupon/gift voucher was not being deducted from the total when it was passed to Authorize Net. Their solution was to change the placement of this line:

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

so that it came immediately BEFORE the before_process line in checkout_process.php

All I can say is that it was reported that this worked for them, but I found that when this was done and another payment method was used that it returned a class error.

Vger

I don't know if it's the same problem, but there was a similar problem with Authorize Net AIM and CCGV. In checkout _process.php someone using Authorize Net reported that the discount coupon/gift voucher was not being deducted from the total when it was passed to Authorize Net. Their solution was to change the placement of this line:

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

so that it came immediately BEFORE the before_process line in checkout_process.php

All I can say is that it was reported that this worked for them, but I found that when this was done and another payment method was used that it returned a class error.

Vger

:D

Funnily enough Vger, I saw your post in the CCGV thread about doing that for the Authorize.net module and though I?d give it a try for getting this Protx module working with CCGV. It could have been and probably was exactly what fixed it.

I only offer one payment method so a class error shouldnt be a problem for me.

Nice one!

Could be difficult to track down the problem if it is only happening occaisonally - any extra detail when it happens would be really helpful (e.g card type, 1st 6 digits of card, any errors that appear to the customer etc).

Do you have any errors (failed or invalid transactions) when you go into the Protx admin area - if so what are the failure details.

Tom,

I haven't seen any pattern to this - another custome had the same problem last night.. it's sooo frustrating watching them go round in circles.

In answer to your questions,

I know this has happened to both Mastercards and Visa Electrons.

I'm not quite sure how to get the first 6 digits... I will ask the next customer who raises a ticket for this information.

The customer gets no errors at all.

It almost is like the protx connection is timing out - the customer seems to be stick on checkout_confirmation.php?pay_now= page for an age, then all of a sudden is dropped back at checkout_shipping.php. Having said that, I have noticed PROTX seems to be a bit slower for me on my test transactions.

I don't think it's a server problem... Vger uses the same hosting company as me, and they are pretty good :)

Many thanks for your help with this,

Harv

Tom,

I haven't seen any pattern to this - another custome had the same problem last night.. it's sooo frustrating watching them go round in circles.

In answer to your questions,

I know this has happened to both Mastercards and Visa Electrons.

I'm not quite sure how to get the first 6 digits... I will ask the next customer who raises a ticket for this information.

The customer gets no errors at all.

It almost is like the protx connection is timing out - the customer seems to be stick on checkout_confirmation.php?pay_now= page for an age, then all of a sudden is dropped back at checkout_shipping.php. Having said that, I have noticed PROTX seems to be a bit slower for me on my test transactions.

I don't think it's a server problem... Vger uses the same hosting company as me, and they are pretty good :)

Many thanks for your help with this,

Harv

Thanks Harv,

I'm a bit puzzled by the "checkout_confirmation.php?pay_now=" bit - is this from a contribution you have as i can't find it as a standard part of osC?

Do any of the failed transactions show up as failed or invalid in the Protx admin area?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks Harv,

I'm a bit puzzled by the "checkout_confirmation.php?pay_now=" bit - is this from a contribution you have as i can't find it as a standard part of osC?

Do any of the failed transactions show up as failed or invalid in the Protx admin area?

Thanks,

Tom

The contribution it may be part of is "Fast Easy Checkout". The process of passing the payment details to protx happens when you click "confirm" on "checkout_confirmation.php?paynow=". This page shows shipping costs, billing and shipping addresses and payment type details all at once. The problem has only started since I updated to protx 2.23 (i think).

None of the transactions make into into the protx admin area.

Hope this helps.

Harv

I get the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /includes/functions/database.php:13) in /includes/functions/database.php on line 13

When I click on "CVV Number (More Info)"

Can anyone help?

The contribution it may be part of is "Fast Easy Checkout". The process of passing the payment details to protx happens when you click "confirm" on "checkout_confirmation.php?paynow=". This page shows shipping costs, billing and shipping addresses and payment type details all at once. The problem has only started since I updated to protx 2.23 (i think).

None of the transactions make into into the protx admin area.

Hope this helps.

Harv

Looking at the install instructions for fast easy checkout I see 2 things: firstly the bit about unregistering the payment details - have you done this for the protx variables (protx_direct_cc_type, protx_direct_cc_owner, protx_direct_cc_number, protx_direct_cc_start_month, protx_direct_cc_expires_month, protx_direct_cc_issue and protx_direct_cc_cvv)?

also in the same step it says to include the line

/// fec for get total
$paynow = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['paynow']);
if ($paynow ==3) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'show_total=1&error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_TOTAL_NOW), 'SSL'));
 }

I haven't been able to figure out what the settings for paynow are or do but I note that the line above causes a redirection from checkout_confirmation.php?paynow=3 back to checkout_shipping.php just like you are describing but not sure what the trigger for this is.

I hope this helps - let me know if anything else comes to light.

I get the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /includes/functions/database.php:13) in /includes/functions/database.php on line 13

When I click on "CVV Number (More Info)"

Can anyone help?

I have just realised that the includes/languages/english/cvs_help.php file is missing from the package - i have included it and just uploaded it. Please upload the extra file and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Tom

I have just realised that the includes/languages/english/cvs_help.php file is missing from the package - i have included it and just uploaded it. Please upload the extra file and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Done

Thanks Tom, spot on!

Edited by mrtahmed

I have just released an update to the module.

This release fixes the issue where protx was sent an incorrect total if a tax class had been assigned to shipping.

Existing users only need to update the one file (includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php)

Let me know if any probs!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Do I assume that I have to do a total re-install with the new version?

The version I have installed, I believe is, v2.22a.

Also, does this fix any issues with Electron cards NOT working?!

Cheers

Hi,

If you have v2.22a then yes you will have to do a reinstall (that is uninstall the module in admin, upload the new files, run the sql file - note this will drop your existing protx_direct table so backup, the install the module in admin).

If you have v2.23 or v2.23a then you can just replace the includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php file alone.

It should fix the problem with electron cards as now customers simply select the card type from a drop drop list rather than relying on cc_validation.php to equate card numbers to types.

HTH,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

just installed this contrib, but am getting the following error as i try to checkout:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/deviltro/deviltronics.com/includes/classes/protx_cc_validation.php:72) in /hsphere/local/home/deviltro/deviltronics.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

This is what it says on line 34 in the general.php file mentioned in the above url:

header('Location: ' . $url);

Could somebody please help me.

Network --> Knowledge Base --> Common Problems --> Headers already sent.

Vger

thank you Rhea - problem was in /includes/classes/protx_cc_validation.php

Hi where can I find this text?

"The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid.<br>Please check the date and try again."

Its not in the language file and the <br> is showing and I need to sort it out.

Thanks

Hi where can I find this text?

"The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid.<br>Please check the date and try again."

Its not in the language file and the <br> is showing and I need to sort it out.

Thanks

It's in includes/languages/english.php

Look for TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_DATE, TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_NUMBER, TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UKNOWN_CARD.

Change them to whatever you wish.

HTH,

Tom

hello,

I am getting this error message:

Warning: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0. in /hsphere/local/home/????????/deviltronics.com/includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php on line 225

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/????????/deviltronics.com/includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php:225) in /hsphere/local/home/????????/deviltronics.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

I fixed the headers already sent problem by doing what rhea told me, but i know get the above error.

Can someone help quick as the website is live and this is the only payment method!

Line 225 in /includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php is:

$order->info['cc_number'] = substr($HTTP_POST_VARS['protx_direct_cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($HTTP_POST_VARS['protx_direct_cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($HTTP_POST_VARS['protx_direct_cc_number'], -4);

Hi,

The error you are getting coudl only occur in the situation where the credit card number is equal to orless than 8 digits long (ASAIK that never happens all cards are longer), or perhaps if the car number isn't being passed to the protx module at all.

Does this happen with all card numbers you enter? Does it work for the test card numbers as stated in admin payment modules?

Tom

Thanks for replying.

Yes it is happening with all cards i have tried eg visa, switch, mastercard.

It is happening in both test and production.

Sometimes it will work, and sometimes it won't!

Hi,

The error you are getting coudl only occur in the situation where the credit card number is equal to orless than 8 digits long (ASAIK that never happens all cards are longer), or perhaps if the car number isn't being passed to the protx module at all.

Does this happen with all card numbers you enter? Does it work for the test card numbers as stated in admin payment modules?

Tom

Thanks for replying.

Yes it is happening with all cards i have tried eg visa, switch, mastercard.

It is happening in both test and production.

Sometimes it will work, and sometimes it won't!

Ok, when i mean sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't, that is what it is doing:

First try: will work

second try : won't work (above error appears)

third try: will work

fourth try : won't work (above error appears)

The above error appears every second time round, so it may be PROTX.

If i do not enter card details then i get the normal errors saying enter your details.

but still the problem exists! serious help required.

Edited by 241