• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

Hi there,

I posted earlier on that I was having problem with Protx 2.4 and with FEC installed.

If the AVS value of CV2 do not match, the customer just gets a message transaction declined, and does not get a explanation.

I havent been able to resolve it still, I would be grateful for any assistance.

I'm sorry but as far as I can tell it must be something to do with the way FEC changes the checkout process. I don't have that contribution installed to test it out - perhaps try asking in the FEC support thread if anyone else has had the same problem with this or other payment modules - this module returns the error in the same way as other modules.

Tom

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen that problem with the switch card in test mode before - I suggest you email Protx as suggested by the error message

Have done, prior to this message.

Firstly you need to make sure you are using the correct vendor name in the module settings. If you are then contact protx to make sure a simulator account has been created for you.

If a simulator account is different to a test account then I don't have one. What's the difference?

There are 3 language definitions that need to be added to includes/languages/english.php - please read the install.txt file in the contribution package - all the instructions are in there.

What a stupid n00b mistake, sorry.

Edited by thunderace

I'm just testing this and getting a couple of problems: -

Transaction mode: Test

1) Card types except Switch seem to be working ok, but as I am making up the 3D secure "pin" the returned result is always ..

2) Switch is the only card that is showing red, the result is ...

I am using Switch#: 5641820000000005 - Issue #: 01

Turns out this is the wrong number to use, see Protx response below:-

There are two SWITCH test card numbers. The one you have provided in your email is not enabled for 3D Secure transactions. You need to use the following:

6334900000000005 Issue number: N/A

More information can be found at the following page of our support website: http://techsupport.protx.com/cardtypes.asp#howcardtest

This dummy SWITCH number is set up for 3d secure on the test server.

So the mod package ought to be updated really.

Edited by thunderace

If a simulator account is different to a test account then I don't have one. What's the difference?p

The simulator account allows you to specify the response i.e declined, AVS fail, 3D-Secure etc etc but the test mode doesn't. The simulator is best for testing.

So the mod package ought to be updated really.

I wasn't aware of this - I will add this to the next update, thanks.

Tom

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Vger and Perfectpassion.

3D Secure is now up and running on my site. Even more security for my customers. Great!

Hi Guys,

I have Protx Direct V3.0a installed on my OSCommerce site and am having some problems. As background, here is how I have setup the site:

I have SSL enabled and the server supports cURL as follows:

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6 zlib/1.1.4

I have configured the Protx section of my OSCommerce admin with the following information:

- Protocol Version 2.2

- My vendor name

- Transaction Mode: Simulator

- Auth Type: PAYMENT

- Send Cart: False

I have also registered with Protx. It's not a full account yet as i do not yet have a merchant number from my bank however Protx grant you access to the simulator after you have specificed your technical information. The simulator all seems to work fine.

I have entered my IP addresses on the Protx Simulator console and have setup that I would like an OK response every time.

When I try to put a transaction through I get a failure message on the checkout screen but do not know how to debug this message further. The message I get is:

- Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

It appears in a red box at the top of the screen.

I tried turning on the debug mode and I get the following url:

VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=myvendorname&VendorTxCode=9784480788390678&Amount=470.26&Currency=GBP&Description=Order+Number%3A+5&CardHolder=Matthew+Scullion&CardNumber=4929000000006&StartDate=&ExpiryDate=0108&IssueNumber=&CV2=111&CardType=VISA&BillingAddress=1+My+Road%2C%0D%0AMyVillage%2C%0D%0AMyTown%2C%0D%0ACheshire%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&BillingPostCode=WA00+0AA&DeliveryAddress=1+My+Street%2C%0D%0AMyVillage%2C%0D%0AMyTown%2C%0D%0ACheshire%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&DeliveryPostCode=WA00+0AA&ContactNumber=0161+999+9999&[email protected]&ClientIPAddress=195.153.167.126&Basket= Array=Array ( [0] => )

When I check the transaction log on Protx Simulator there are no transaction record, successful, declined or otherwise.

Any clues as to what's wrong? Or where I need to look to debug this?

Many thanks for your help guys. It's much appreciated.

Regards, Matthew.

P.S. Apologies, I put this post in the main forum earlier by accident.

that suggst's that it's not managing to communicate with the protx erver.

Edit the catalog/protx_process.php file. find the code below:

// Uncomment these lines if having problems connecting to Protx server
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
// End of Add

uncomment to:

// Uncomment these lines if having problems connecting to Protx server
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
// End of Add

Note: This appears twice in the file - you need to change both.

Tom

Hi again guys.

After Tom's help I now have Protx Direct working! Excellent! And thanks Tom.

I do however have a couple of small problems outstanding:

1) On transactions over a thousand pounds, payment is rejected due to an invalid character in the amount - presumably a comma. I have edited via OSCommerce Admin Console the display of currencies to take the comma out but it still does it.

2) For some reason the customer name is not sent to Protx (or if it is, it is not showing on the transaction log on the protx simulator administrator). All the other details show, just not the customer name.

I have turned on debug mode and these are the results:

his is the debug for this issue:

VPSProtocol=2.22 Status=INVALID StatusDetail=The Amount field contains non-numeric characters. Only numbers and a decimal point are accepted.VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=myvendorid&VendorTxCode=4195363882012593&Amount=1%2C175.00&Currency=GBP&Description=Order+Number%3A+9&CardHolder=Matthew+Scullion&CardNumber=5404000000000001&StartDate=&ExpiryDate=0108&IssueNumber=&CV2=111&CardType=MC&BillingAddress=1+My+Road%2C%0D%0AMyVillage%2C%0D%0AMyTown%2C%0D%0ACheshire%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&BillingPostCode=WA00+0AA&DeliveryAddress=1+My+Road%2C%0D%0AMyVillage%2C%0D%0AMyTown%2C%0D%0ACheshire%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&DeliveryPostCode=WA00+0AA&ContactNumber=0161+999+9999&CustomerEMail=matthew_scullion%40hotmail.com&ClientIPAddress=82.69.40.201&Basket= Array=Array ( [VPSProtocol] => 2.22 [status] => INVALID [statusDetail] => The Amount field contains non-numeric characters. Only numbers and a decimal point are accepted. )

I hadn't tested it with a large valu like that and yes you are correct about the comma. The fix is to find the following line:

Amount => number_format($HTTP_POST_VARS['ord_total'], 2),

and replace it with:

Amount => number_format($HTTP_POST_VARS['ord_total'], 2, '.', ''),

There's a coupleof minor changes that need to be added to the package so i'll upload it shortly

WRT the custoemr name - it is a problem in simulator mode only (i don't know why) but it work fine in test & production modes.

Tom

Can anyone help me please?

I have installed this payment module (v3.0) which when I apply it to the simulator everything works like a charm (except for the customers name but that is explained in the above post).

The problem I have is that my client is in Ireland and therefore going through Euroconex (which Protx support) but they can not have 3D-secure. I went through the protx_process.php and I read it that if 3D-secure is used do this else do this. However, when going on to the test server I get an error "Bank Unavailable". I contacted Protx support and their response was

I have just see your account and you are not setup to use 3D Secure, hence why you are experiencing errors. Please do not include any part of the 3D Secure process if you are not setup to use it, simply follow the integration and protocol guides for VPS Direct and DO NOT try and test with 3D Secure.

Can someone please help me bypass the 3D-secure. I tried going back and using version 2.4 but it all went pear shaped (glad I backed up!). I have looked in the Protocol & Integration guidelines manual but all the URL's seem to be pointing to 3D-secure and no alternatives appear to be evident.

Your expert help is most welcome...and if I have done something really obvious then please let me know...I can take it :'(

Can anyone help me please?

I have installed this payment module (v3.0) which when I apply it to the simulator everything works like a charm (except for the customers name but that is explained in the above post).

The problem I have is that my client is in Ireland and therefore going through Euroconex (which Protx support) but they can not have 3D-secure. I went through the protx_process.php and I read it that if 3D-secure is used do this else do this. However, when going on to the test server I get an error "Bank Unavailable". I contacted Protx support and their response was

Can someone please help me bypass the 3D-secure. I tried going back and using version 2.4 but it all went pear shaped (glad I backed up!). I have looked in the Protocol & Integration guidelines manual but all the URL's seem to be pointing to 3D-secure and no alternatives appear to be evident.

Your expert help is most welcome...and if I have done something really obvious then please let me know...I can take it :'(

Hmmm I may not be much help here but if it were me and I was losing orders I'd go back to 2.4a until Perfectpassion or Vger responded.

If you do want to use v3.0 then edit protx_process.php, find the following:

DeliveryAddress => $delivery_add,
  DeliveryPostCode => $newOrder[$k]['deliveryPostcode'],

Change to:

Apply3DSecure => '0'

Then find:

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TRANSACTION_MODE == 'Test') {
	  $url = 'https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vpsDirectAuth/PaymentGateway3D.asp';
	} elseif (MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TRANSACTION_MODE == 'Server IP Test') {
	  $url = 'https://ukvpstest.protx.com/showpost/showpost.asp';
	} elseif (MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TRANSACTION_MODE == 'Simulator') {
	$url = 'https://ukvpstest.protx.com/VSPSimulator/VSPDirectGateway.asp';
	} else {
	$url = 'https://ukvps.protx.com/vpsDirectAuth/PaymentGateway3D.asp';
  }

and change to:

$url = 'https://ukvpstest.protx.com/VPSDirectAuth/PaymentGateway.asp';
	  } else {
  $url = 'https://ukvps.protx.com/VPSDirectAuth/PaymentGateway.asp';
  }

Tom

Edited by perfectpassion

If you do want to use v3.0 then edit protx_process.php, find the following:

Sorry to be a bore Tom but I have gone in to protx_process.php and the closest I get to the following:

Change to:

Apply3DSecure => '0'

Is here at 174-175...is this still the correct line to edit?

DeliveryPostCode => $order->delivery['postcode'],

The following is at 195-202 so I can do that!

Then find:

$url = 'https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vpsDirectAuth/PaymentGateway3D.asp';
	} else {
	$url = 'https://ukvps.protx.com/vpsDirectAuth/PaymentGateway3D.asp';
  }

and change to:

$url = 'https://ukvpstest.protx.com/VPSDirectAuth/PaymentGateway.asp';
	  } else {
  $url = 'https://ukvps.protx.com/VPSDirectAuth/PaymentGateway.asp';
  }

Tom

Thanking you in advance

John

Edited by strangename

Is here at 174-175...is this still the correct line to edit?

That is correct - I took the line from a custom mod on my site rather than the contribution forgetting that part was (slightly) different.

Tom

Ok I made the changes line 174-175 like this:

Apply3DSecure => '0',

But I am now getting an error:

The amount is non-numeric. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

Any further prods in the right direction would be most welcome.

As requested the output from debug mode

VPSProtocol=2.22 Status=INVALID StatusDetail=The Amount field contains non-numeric characters. Only numbers and a decimal point are accepted.VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=dargle123&VendorTxCode=6473660300848110&Amount=203%2C48&Currency=GBP&Description=Order+Number%3A+1&CardHolder=John+Me&CardNumber=4929000000006&StartDate=0204&ExpiryDate=0208&IssueNumber=&CV2=123&CardType=VISA&BillingAddress=fairhaven%2C%0D%0ABeercrocombe%2C%0D%0ATaunton%2C%0D%0ASomerset%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&BillingPostCode=TA3+6AJ&DeliveryAddress=fairhaven%2C%0D%0ABeercrocombe%2C%0D%0ATaunton%2C%0D%0ASomerset%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&DeliveryPostCode=TA3+6AJ&Apply3DSecure=0&ContactNumber=01823+480589&CustomerEMail=unbridledmarketing%40dsl.pipex.com&ClientIPAddress=81.179.88.221&Basket=3%3AKilmartin+Chocolate+Milk%3A1%3A79.95%3A16.79%3A96.74%3A96.74%3ABaltimore%3A1%3A79.95%3A16.79%3A96.74%3A96.74%3AShipping%3A1%3A10%3A----%3A10%3A10 Array=Array ( [VPSProtocol] => 2.22 [status] => INVALID [statusDetail] => The Amount field contains non-numeric characters. Only numbers and a decimal point are accepted. )

I appreciate your help Tom.

Sorry the previous dump was from a simulated transaction...this one is from a test transaction

VPSProtocol=2.22 VPSTxId={4C5DBE30-97CF-4394-B361-F508B44DA680} Status=MALFORMED StatusDetail=The amount is non-numeric. TxAuthNo= SecurityKey= AVSCV2=DATA NOT CHECKED AddressResult= PostCodeResult= CV2Result= VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=dargle123&VendorTxCode=1399376309812111&Amount=203%2C48&Currency=GBP&Description=Order+Number%3A+1&CardHolder=John+Me&CardNumber=4929000000006&StartDate=0204&ExpiryDate=0208&IssueNumber=&CV2=123&CardType=VISA&BillingAddress=fairhaven%2C%0D%0ABeercrocombe%2C%0D%0ATaunton%2C%0D%0ASomerset%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&BillingPostCode=TA3+6AJ&DeliveryAddress=fairhaven%2C%0D%0ABeercrocombe%2C%0D%0ATaunton%2C%0D%0ASomerset%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&DeliveryPostCode=TA3+6AJ&Apply3DSecure=0&ContactNumber=01823+480589&CustomerEMail=unbridledmarketing%40dsl.pipex.com&ClientIPAddress=81.179.88.221&Basket=3%3AKilmartin+Chocolate+Milk%3A1%3A79.95%3A16.79%3A96.74%3A96.74%3ABaltimore%3A1%3A79.95%3A16.79%3A96.74%3A96.74%3AShipping%3A1%3A10%3A----%3A10%3A10 Array=Array ( [VPSProtocol] => 2.22 [VPSTxId] => {4C5DBE30-97CF-4394-B361-F508B44DA680} [status] => MALFORMED [statusDetail] => The amount is non-numeric. [TxAuthNo] => [securityKey] => [AVSCV2] => DATA NOT CHECKED [AddressResult] => [PostCodeResult] => [CV2Result] => [0] => )

That error is caused by a typo in the update i did - sorry!!

Amount => number_format($HTTP_POST_VARS['ord_total'], 2, ',', ''),

should be:

Tom

That error is caused by a typo in the update i did - sorry!!

Amount => number_format($HTTP_POST_VARS['ord_total'], 2, ',', ''),

should be:

Tom

Ok Tom thatnks for that will amend it...I didn't notice the comma and must have looked at it for at least 15 mins.