• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol - yes i just figured that out....many thanks matey i appreciate your help on this..i still egt the security box popping up before the thick box but afetr clicking ok it dissapears and i get the thickbox and the correct data etc.

Now when testing with 3-d secure will the data appear in this tick box as well? - what else should i test before switching to production Tom?

many thanks

Everything appears in the thickbox - declines/ 3D-secure etc - you can test against the Protx simulator to see the full range and to test the 3D-Secure.

With regards to the security box what browser are you using - I had a report of someone with an early version of IE6 that got that error but I haven't replicated myself (and it doesn't happen on your site with FF3)

Ok Brill,

ive switched on to simulator now to double check the 3-d secure...it was on test before

Yes Im using IE 6, an early version...so this might be the case but the pop up only comes up once in any case...i can live with it.

I havent tries FF yes...will test today now fully...and move to production ASAP.

If i have any other problems i will post here...

Cheers J

ok what does this mean Tom:

Sorry your payment could not be processed.

INVALID - Simulator has found the vendor '******' in the database but it is not enabled for Direct. If you intend to use Direct with this account, log into the accounts section of Simulator and enable Direct.

Where is this similator account then? - i need to turn it Direct on on by the looks of things??

For anybody thinking of upgarding from v3 to the latest 5 - Go for it (but not using a live shop).... i can recommend it...was a little bumpy but it worked with the help of PerfectPassion.

And its a giant leap forward from the point of view of usability etc....Well done Tom!

I raise my hat to you!

MN

Hi there, I'm having a problem with this addon after moving to a new server, I've moved back to the old one for now and that's working fine so I know it's not a problem with the install in to the catalog / database. It must be a problem with my server config I think, can anyone tell me the pre-requisite packages needed for protx to work? I'm running ubuntu 8.04 and cURL and openssl are both installed, but not configured past the base setup.

The error I get is "- Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us ()"

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Alex

Hi there, I'm having a problem with this addon after moving to a new server, I've moved back to the old one for now and that's working fine so I know it's not a problem with the install in to the catalog / database. It must be a problem with my server config I think, can anyone tell me the pre-requisite packages needed for protx to work? I'm running ubuntu 8.04 and cURL and openssl are both installed, but not configured past the base setup.

The error I get is "- Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us ()"

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Alex

Ok, so I've found the problem, but now how to fix it. It's to do with cURL because, when I choose "disable cURL ssl check" it goes through fine. Can anyone tell me the downsides of not having this enabled and how I can fix it?

Ok, so I've found the problem, but now how to fix it. It's to do with cURL because, when I choose "disable cURL ssl check" it goes through fine. Can anyone tell me the downsides of not having this enabled and how I can fix it?

Ok so I solved the problem with cURL, most people won't have this problem with a pre-configured server but because I had to install from scratch I ran across it. It may only be to do with ubuntu/debian as it's a cURL dependancy problem in ubuntu's package manager.

I found the following topic in the forum: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...php?t90086.html which explained how to check the cURL SSL check. That gave up an error which read "Errors: 77 error setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CApath: none". Basically this file is required by cURL to run the check but isn't included in the package, for some reason. So, in addition to installing curl and openssl through apt-get you'll also need to install the package "ca-certificates".

Hi All,

Ok since the update from v3 to 5 - all seems fine everything is working expect i have had some issues with USA customers however.

They report that when checking out they get a message regarding a billing state field??? - it seems to prevent them from checking out??

On the Secpay backend i get this message:

"MALFORMED - 3147 : The BillingState field is required"

What exactly is this billing state field? and how do i sort this out? anybody experienced this error yet on US cards?

I have no problems with UK or other international cards going through only the US ones - so its obviously a USA thing??

Can anyone advise please?

Cheers MN

BillingState is a required field only for US addresses - I did a few tests with fake US addresses and they seemed ok - I'll do a few more tests and see if I can figure it out

Hi Tom,

Cheers m8!

Where is this field exactly? is it the normal state/county field in the billing address? or is it something new the customer has to enter?

Im thinking its probably the state/county field...if it is then it should be allready populated with data??

Let me know if you need any debug info off me....i will wait for your response

cheers mn

Protx (sorry SagePay) require a 2 character state code for US addresses but osC obviosuly takes the full state name during signup so the module looks up the 2 digit state code from the osc table 'zones'

The relevent code is:

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true' && $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'] == 'US' ) {
  $state_code_query = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("SELECT zone_code FROM ".TABLE_ZONES." WHERE zone_id=".(int)$order->delivery['zone_id']));
  $del_state = $state_code_query['zone_code'];
}
if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true' && $order->billing['country']['iso_code_2'] == 'US' ) {
  $state_code_query = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("SELECT zone_code FROM ".TABLE_ZONES." WHERE zone_id=".(int)$order->billing['zone_id']));
  $bil_state = $state_code_query['zone_code'];
}

If you coudl check your zones table that the state names/codes etc look ok that'll help

Edited by perfectpassion

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay, ive looked into it and its not a problem with the module it was to do with my US zones - its sorted now and ive tested it. I will let you know if there are any live problems with new US customers....

You know this thick window, after i click on the confirm button on checkout_confirmation.php the thick box appears but its all the way at the top of the page?

Its perfectly centred but at the top of the page...you have to scroll up to view the transaction info/error - is this normal? shouldnt the thickbox be in the middle of the page even if there is a scroll bar im using (IE 7)...i will do some testing on FF and IE6 later...

MN

Hmm - it should be centered on the screen regardless of the page position behind it - in face you should be able to scroll the page behind and the thickbox remain centered - it's almost certainly an IE bug issue though the thickbox js has some clever code to change its working dependent upon each different IE version. Can you just check that you've changed the DOCTYPE for checkout_confirmation as per the install instructions - if this isn't correct it pushes IE7 into quirks mode and it does strange things to the rendering of the thickbox.

Hi Tom,

I have double checked and checkout confirmation does use the correct doctype....strange

Another slight niggle (probably my pages again) the telephone number is included in the addess field on the Secpay VPS??

In secpay back end, instead of it being in its own field (prior to the v5 update) its now included in the address & delivery address fields (under the postcode)??

How can this be? it doesnt throw up any problems with the order and the telephone number is separate in the my admin backend but Secpay cant do any checks against it??

How do i get to the bottom of this? should i post the debug info?

Sorry for the long line of niggles but i just want to get everything perfect ;)

cheers mn

Not sure what's causing the centering problem then but I do know that anwer to the telephone number problem - it's a bug at the Protx end introduced when they upgraded the protocol from 2.22 to 2.23 - they have accepted the bug and are working on a fix so watch this space!

Not sure what's causing the centering problem then but I do know that anwer to the telephone number problem - it's a bug at the Protx end introduced when they upgraded the protocol from 2.22 to 2.23 - they have accepted the bug and are working on a fix so watch this space!

Hi

Im new to protx/sagepay - trying to teat the simulator and get this error:

Sorry your payment could not be processed.

INVALID - The IP address of the server sending the transaction does not match the valid IP address ranges listed in the Simulator. The IP address Simulator sees for your server is xxxxxxx.136. You can add this IP in the Accounts section of Simulator if you wish.

I have added this to the sagepay admin but still getting the same error - is this the problem or something else?

Im using STS....i forgot about this, i need to add these lines to that page also...hold on

I'm having the same problem as you - where did you add to the STS page, which lines and which page?

Thanks

Hi Tom,

I just can't get v5.1 to work - I'm quite sure it's my error but I can't figure it out. Rather stupidly I did this on the live shop. I'm thinking about uninstalling the changes and going back to 4.4 - if I do that can I just change the URL's to get the Sage changes to work?

Sorry I'm pretty desperate and under enormous pressure to get this working.

Thanks

Lotti

Hi Lotti,

As we are both usibg STS add the CSS reference to the template page and it will work...view source in IE to view checkout confirmation and make sure the page calls the thinkbox and .css. This is where i first had problems...if you look bottom left of the checkout confirmation page the thick box is there but unless the .css reference is there the thick box wont be centred..double check your template page....i updated from v3 to 5...and the only other updates/changes were in included in the 5. upgrade (apart from the Mysql upgrade doc in v4.4) hope this helps....

mn