• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One further question Tom. All other cards are fine, but Maestro and Solo cards are failing in Test Mode. Firstly they failed because 3D Secure wasn't turned on, and then they failed when 3D Secure was turned on. Can you test cards using the Test terminal which are subject to 3D Secure?

Vger

Glad I could help - you posts have certainly helped me in the past and I'm (and many others) very grateful for you contributions (esp. CCGV trad).

I have actually just finished writing an email to Protx support about this very issue. I'm finding the mastercard, maestro and solo are not working on the test server (Mastercard can pass if you change the rulebase to allow ERROR to pass) but maestro and solo just return a status of INVALID for me.

This only seems to be since they upgraded the test server.

Reading their forum (https://support.protx.com/forum) There's a lot of discontent with Protx over the way they have handled the whole implementation of 3D-Secure for July and now the implementation of AUTHORISE/AUTHENTICATE as a replacement for PREAUTH from 1st August.

I am having a problem when I restore the db from a backup...

1067 - Invalid default value for 'txtime'

create table protx_direct ( id int(11) unsigned not null auto_increment, customer_id int(11) default '0' not null , order_id int(11) default '0' not null , vendortxcode varchar(40) , txtype varchar(16) , value decimal(15,4) , vpstxid varchar(50) , status varchar(15) , statusdetail varchar(100) , txauthno varchar(10) , securitykey varchar(10) , avscv2 varchar(50) , address_result varchar(20) , postcode_result varchar(20) , CV2_result varchar(20) , 3DSecureStatus varchar(12) , CAVV varchar(32) , txtime timestamp default 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP' not null , UNIQUE id (id) )

[TEP STOP]

I have to then go and rem out the section in the sql file and then I can fix it with phpmysql

my searches show there are a few posts about the error 1067 - Invalid default value for 'txtime' but nothing that talks about the restore of a database... can anyone help please as this is driving me nuts.

[edited]

forgot to say I am using v4.3

[/edited]

Edited by PerlSOL

Try changing that section to

create table protx_direct ( id int(11) unsigned not null auto_increment, customer_id int(11) default '0' not null , order_id int(11) default '0' not null , vendortxcode varchar(40) , txtype varchar(16) , value decimal(15,4) , vpstxid varchar(50) , status varchar(15) , statusdetail varchar(100) , txauthno varchar(10) , securitykey varchar(10) , avscv2 varchar(50) , address_result varchar(20) , postcode_result varchar(20) , CV2_result varchar(20) , 3DSecureStatus varchar(12) , CAVV varchar(32) , txtime timestamp, UNIQUE id (id) )

Tom

Do you know if Protx will allow the account to 'Go Live' with those cards failing the test transactions?

Vger

Glad I could help - you posts have certainly helped me in the past and I'm (and many others) very grateful for you contributions (esp. CCGV trad).

I have actually just finished writing an email to Protx support about this very issue. I'm finding the mastercard, maestro and solo are not working on the test server (Mastercard can pass if you change the rulebase to allow ERROR to pass) but maestro and solo just return a status of INVALID for me.

This only seems to be since they upgraded the test server.

Reading their forum (https://support.protx.com/forum) There's a lot of discontent with Protx over the way they have handled the whole implementation of 3D-Secure for July and now the implementation of AUTHORISE/AUTHENTICATE as a replacement for PREAUTH from 1st August.

I'm not sure but they have admitted a problem:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your email to Protx support.

We can confirm that there is currently an issue with 3D Secure on the test server.

This is currently being investigated and we will ensure that you will be informed once there is more information concerning this issue.

Please ensure that you are using the current updated card information as displayed here: http://techsupport.protx.com/cardtypes.asp#howcardtest and try processing the transaction again.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Protx Support

Tech Site: http://techsupport.protx.com

Updates: http://techsupport.protx.com/updates.asp

The only things I notice on the page link provided is that the test card numbers for UK Maestro are different to those in the v3.0c module e.g.

UK Maestro / EDC Maestro MAESTRO 5641820000000005 01 and not 6334900000000005 (no issue number)

but that, if it works (still to test), would still leave the Solo cards not validating.

Vger

No I still can't get them to work on the test server either - I assume they haven't fixed the issues with their new software release on the test server yet.

Tom

I don't know if anyone else is having this .. I'm on the latest 3XX fork.

I'm getting daily reports that PROTX is not working and it's ALWAYS Mastercard.

The customer gets to protx_process then the screen goes white (as normal, would be nice if we could put something there instead of just white space) it stays there and never gets to 3D secure or checkout process. My customers believe that they have made the purchase.

Any suggestions for debugging this pls?

I would try testing against the test server with the sample card numbers (http://techsupport.protx.com/cardtypes.asp#howcardtest ) and see if you can replicate it. If so then try switching on debug and posting the output here.

I would also look in the Protx admin area for corresponding transaction (including failed / invalid) - is there any error recorded?

the v4 of the module uses an iframe for the 3D-Secure page so it is presented in your shops background with your header so the customer sees they are still on your site.

Tom

I would just like to say what a trouble free move I have had changing from the form module to this one.

However.. I have noticed an issue that a few customers are having whilst browsing the protx_direct table. We deal with quite a few customers from Dublin and also with BFPO addresses overseas, these people when filling in their Billing details often duplicate their postcode into other areas of the Billing address in order to fill required fields.

This generates the following protx error "INVALID: The BillingPostCode you provided also appears to be included as part of the BillingAddress. You should remove the Post Code from the Address field before submitting the address, or AVS checks will fail"

Now I guess the solution would be to do a couple of IF statements on the billing address in protx_process while building the $billing_add variable. I have not done anything yet however as we are running live at a busy time and I have only just noticed this issue.

Edited by K3D

afternoon all!

my Protx Direct integration has suddently ceased to work.. committing the transaction in OSC now returns the following error:

{ED136D2F-44E9-ED27-AF30-87B472EDD156} - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

i'm assuming the GUID at the front is the transaction ID, or similar..

The transaction completes successfully at the Protx end, just not with OSC.

ring any bells?

Many thanks.

How strange - from that message it would appear that it is parsing the responses from Protx incorrectly - the number delimited by {} is the VendorTxCode and this is being displayed instead of StatusDetail.

If you enable debug mode what does it display? (you will need to leave it at false until the 3D-secure screen appears then set to true and complete the transaction)

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply.. yeah, i thought it was strange.. here's the DEBUG response:

VPSProtocol=2.22

Status=OK

StatusDetail=0000 : The Authorisation was Successful.

VPSTxId={171D0626-DDF7-8130-F2F4-59263B62C094}

SecurityKey=VRUCFA1WCS

TxAuthNo=3496718

AVSCV2=SECURITY CODE MATCH ONLY

AddressResult=NOTCHECKED

PostCodeResult=NOTCHECKED

CV2Result=MATCHED

3DSecureStatus=NOTCHECKEDVPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=kibylls&VendorTxCode=2826252341370483&Amount=61.68

&Currency=GBP&Description=Order+Number%3A+16&CardHolder=lo+bres&CardNumber=4929000000006&StartDate=0103&ExpiryDate=0110

&IssueNumber=&CV2=123&CardType=VISA&CustomerEMail=llros%40asems.co.uk&ContactNumber=123213

&BillingAddress=8+the+duck%2C%0D%0Aduck%2C%0D%0Asuck%2C%0D%0ALincolnshire%0D%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&BillingPostCode=ln13ns

&DeliveryAddress=8+the+duck%2C%0D%0Aduck%2C%0D%0Asuck%2C%0D%0ALincolnshire%0D%2C%0D%0AUnited+Kingdom&DeliveryPostCode=ln13ns

&CAVV=&XID=&ECI=&ClientIPAddress=10.0.0.86&Basket=blahblah&3DSecureStatus=

However, I do not get a 3D secure screen at any point..

Edited by barry_abs

that info looks fine - I see from that you are using an earlier version of the module - which one - if it is <v3.0c it doesn't support 3D-Secure

Are you getting the failed transactions every time?

Tom

v3.0c - another problem. Got around the problems involved with zero weight downloadable virtual products. 3D Secure rules are set to allow all but MPI errors to pass. But this error is now happening. Have you come across it before?

"Your 3D Secure rulebase Rejected this transaction. 3D-Secure validation

returned a status of ERROR - Can\'t verify enrollment, Merchant not

participating - Your credit card could not be authorized for this

reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for

further assistance."

Is this a problem with the Bank supplying the Internet Merchant ID?

Vger

I haven't seen that one before - you say that the rulebase is to allow MPI fails, does it also allow card not in scheme and issuer not in scheme? I've posted a query on the Protx support forum also

Tom

The response from Protx on this is:

Hi,

Is this in LIVE mode? This would suggest your 3D secure details are either not correctly setup on your Protx account or not correctly setup by your bank.

If you would like to, please supply your vendor name and I'll go take a look at your account.

Cheers,

Joe

Protx Support Team

I suggest either emailing them on [email protected] or posting in the support thread at https://support.protx.com/forum

HTH, Tom

The response from Protx on this is:

I suggest either emailing them on [email protected] or posting in the support thread at https://support.protx.com/forum

HTH, Tom

Hi Tom,

i haven't signed up on that forum, but i believe the work that Rhea is carrying out, is for me. The vendor name is "emanuals" , if you could post back on the protx forum, that'd be great!

Cheers...M

that info looks fine - I see from that you are using an earlier version of the module - which one - if it is <v3.0c it doesn't support 3D-Secure

I didn't install this OSC, i'm not yet familiar with the configuration.. i couldn't find the version number in the code, here's the $Id tag if that helps..

// $Id: protx_direct.php 2 2004-12-24 07:49:00Z networkdad $

It looks like an old version that uses cURL rather than the PHP extension module.. I feel i should updrade, as soon as i can find details of the PHP Extension module on the Protx site!

Are you getting the failed transactions every time?

yes

Edited by barry_abs

I suspected what is happening is that you have an early version of the module which parsed the responses according to their position in the response string (whilst newer versions correctly split the response into key and value) and that in the recent upgrades that protx have done to the server the response string has probably changed.

The best fix would be to update to a newer version of the module.

All versions use curl - there is no php extension needed (that was only needed by very old versions).

Tom

Edited by perfectpassion

Hi Tom,

i haven't signed up on that forum, but i believe the work that Rhea is carrying out, is for me. The vendor name is "emanuals" , if you could post back on the protx forum, that'd be great!

Cheers...M

Hi Tom / Rhea,

this is the reply i got from Protx support:

----------------------------------------------

We have investigated your account and can confirm that your 3D Secure information was only sent to the Merchant Banks on the 9th of July 2007. The banks can take up to 14 working days to allocate 3D Secure information. Unfortunately, this is not something which we are able to change, as this is not a process controlled by Protx.

Please allow 14 working days before switching 3D Secure on in your VSP Admin area. We will ensure that once your Merchant Bank have responded to us to inform us that 3D Secure has been activated on your account, we will ensure that you are informed also.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

-----------------------------------------------

Cheers :thumbsup: