• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

Hi all

Thanks for all the support with Protx Direct. Like others here, we are facing the 3D secure changes for UK Maestro cards.

I've been putting off this change for a while but I suppose I need to look into it now.

I currently run v3.0 of the Protx Direct Module.

Can somebody advise me what I should now do to amend my system for 3D secure.

I understand that v3.0 is 3D secure enabled, therefore am I best to simply switch this on with protx and begin testing?

Do other users use 3D secure and v3.0 of the Protx Direct Module? Is this working okay for them.

I'd rather not have the hassle of upgrading to the latest module until a few weeks after the changeover

How do i test this works on my system. I don't have a Maestro card?

Any advice that can be offered will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are using v3.0 then 3D-Secure will work - you will just need to contact Protx to enable 3D-secure on your account then when active go into your Protx admin and setup your rulebase.

You can test using the Protx simulator or test server using the switch/maestro test card number (or any other card actually - the test /simulator does 3D-secure on all cards).

Tom

Hello,

I too am trying to get 3d secure on before the end of the month and we're getting this error:

Your 3D Secure rulebase Rejected this transaction. 3D-Secure validation returned a status of ERROR - Unable to form PAReq : Error at line 4 in The entity name must immediately follow the \'

Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Thanks

John

If you are using v3.0 then 3D-Secure will work - you will just need to contact Protx to enable 3D-secure on your account then when active go into your Protx admin and setup your rulebase.

You can test using the Protx simulator or test server using the switch/maestro test card number (or any other card actually - the test /simulator does 3D-secure on all cards).

Tom

Hi Tom,

I had my account enable for 3D yesterday and have enabled 3D checking in VSP and we've had a few customer who've been unable to checkout for some reason and get sent back to checkout_payment.

I have just tried to test this myself with the test switch number and after checkout_confirmation I get returned to the checkout_payment page with this URL

https://www.mysite.com/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=protx_direct&error=Unfortunately+there+has+been+a+technical+problem.etc etc

So a couple of questions, shouldn't the text in the URL appear on the page for the customer to read and secondly a test with the test card number and the module in test mode shouldn't I be seeing something else after checkout_confirmation rather than being returned to the payment page?

tia

Dave

Edited by stubbsy

Hello,

I too am trying to get 3d secure on before the end of the month and we're getting this error:

Your 3D Secure rulebase Rejected this transaction. 3D-Secure validation returned a status of ERROR - Unable to form PAReq : Error at line 4 in The entity name must immediately follow the \'

Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Thanks

John

I'm not aware of anyone else having had this error. Is it happening with every transaction?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I had my account enable for 3D yesterday and have enabled 3D checking in VSP and we've had a few customer who've been unable to checkout for some reason and get sent back to checkout_payment.

I have just tried to test this myself with the test switch number and after checkout_confirmation I get returned to the checkout_payment page with this URL

https://www.mysite.com/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=protx_direct&error=Unfortunately+there+has+been+a+technical+problem.etc etc

So a couple of questions, shouldn't the text in the URL appear on the page for the customer to read and secondly a test with the test card number and the module in test mode shouldn't I be seeing something else after checkout_confirmation rather than being returned to the payment page?

tia

Dave

The error text should appear at the top of checkout_payment.php - it seems people who have modified the checkout process (e.g. fast easy checkout) have a problem with this (you'll see this a few pages back - it's not a problem with this module though but the other contrib).

If you look in your protx_direct table you should be able to see the status_detail for the failed test transaction that will contain more information about the problem (hopefully) - post that here and i'll help.

Tom

I'm not aware of anyone else having had this error. Is it happening with every transaction?

Tom

Hi Tom,

It is yes. I've just changed my 3d secure rules (so all options are ticked) to allow errors to proceed and it is now working but the 3d secure section on the transaction is saying "The initial authentication request returned an ERROR. No 3D-Authentication occurred! Please e-mail [email protected] to inform us of this error."

I guess what matters is whether or not it has tried to authenticate. If I've understood it correctly, if it tries to authenticate but fails, it will still be allowed to proceed after the 1st which, for now, will do but obviously I need to get this working!

Sadly, protx have been next to useless with this as well. I asked them to turn on simulator mode a month ago and they said to call them and they'll do it there and then. I've just called them and they have said they will have to email a request and it *might* be done today!

Thanks

John

I feel that line 4 must relate to their script. The error implies that the responses are not formatted correctly - why it isn't working for you i don't know.

Try using v3.2

Tom

The error text should appear at the top of checkout_payment.php - it seems people who have modified the checkout process (e.g. fast easy checkout) have a problem with this (you'll see this a few pages back - it's not a problem with this module though but the other contrib).

If you look in your protx_direct table you should be able to see the status_detail for the failed test transaction that will contain more information about the problem (hopefully) - post that here and i'll help.

Tom

Strange, it was failing due to invalid IP address?! I double checked this and the IP address is fine.

I feel that line 4 must relate to their script. The error implies that the responses are not formatted correctly - why it isn't working for you i don't know.

Try using v3.2

Tom

Finally found someone at Protx who seemed to want to solve the problem. It's still not working (problem at their end) but we've fixed that error about the entity. Barclaycard had put an & in our name! Hence the XML parser was failing...

Thanks

hello there

I'm upgrading from v2.4 to v3.2 and when I run the new_install.sql as advised in the install instructions I get the following error

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

UNIQUE KEY 'id' ('id')

) ENGINE=M' at line 19

how do I sort this error?

thanks in advance

John K

hello there

I'm upgrading from v2.4 to v3.2 and when I run the new_install.sql as advised in the install instructions I get the following error

how do I sort this error?

thanks in advance

John K

I ran this from a previous post and it worked fine .. though I can't see a difference between the the two snippets of code

DROP TABLE `protx_direct`;
CREATE TABLE `protx_direct` (
 `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
 `customer_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 `order_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 `vendortxcode` varchar(40) default NULL,
 `txtype` varchar(16) default NULL,
 `value` decimal(15,4)default NULL,
 `vpstxid` varchar(50) default NULL,
 `status` varchar(10) default NULL,
 `statusdetail` varchar(100) default NULL,
 `txauthno` varchar(10) default NULL,
 `securitykey` varchar(10) default NULL,
 `avscv2` varchar(50) default NULL,
 `address_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
 `postcode_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
 `CV2_result` varchar(20) default NULL,
 `3DSecureStatus` varchar(12) default NULL,
 `CAVV` varchar(32) default NULL,
 `txtime` timestamp default NULL,
 UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`)
) Type=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1;

on reviewing the sql the differences are

UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`)

) Engine=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1;

UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`)

) Type=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1;

the second variant was the one that worked ... the first failed

John K

To whomever wrote the protx direct contribution:

this is a work of sheer genius ... installed all bits and pieces .. amended what I was told to .. and apart from the minor sql issue it all went like clockwork

didn't go to test ... just ploughed on with 'production' .. and it worked first time

I can't thank you all enough

thank you

John Keiller

Hi All

I just wanted to let you all know that I have activated 3D secure with Protx and the Protx Direct Module V3.0 has been tested and works fine for me. Many thanks to Tom for this. I am very, very pleased.

Thanks again Tom for your great, great work!

Neil

Hi, I have been using the protx direct module for some time now - it works very well. However, I just got an order and in the payment table in the staus column is says: "The closing of the local transaction failed. However, the transaction has succeeded. " I checked the Protx VSP admin panel and it seems ok - does anyone know what this means?

Cheers,

Reuben

Help Please.

I have just upgraded from 3.2 to 4.2 So I followed the upgrade instructions like upload the new files, added the new instructions and did not run the sql(as it was upgrad) however when testing the check out process after clicking confirm details normally I would expect this to then go off to protx and come back with a conformation but all I get is a blank screen with the following path https://www.mysite.co.uk/cart/protx_process.../action/process

nothing then happens. I turned on debug mode also but still nothing. Any help would be greatful

Better to be looked over than overlooked!

@reubenwilcock - I haven't come across that error message before and it's not listed in Protx's documents - I would contact them for advice.

@clrob11 - looking at the url you posted it appears you have a seo url contribution installed - is you turn this off does the module work?

Tom

@reubenwilcock - I haven't come across that error message before and it's not listed in Protx's documents - I would contact them for advice.

@clrob11 - looking at the url you posted it appears you have a seo url contribution installed - is you turn this off does the module work?

Tom

Tom,

Your a star turned of the SEO in the admin panel all woks ok excellent many thanks

Chris

Better to be looked over than overlooked!

Hi Tom,

I have a lot of repeat customers who ask us to take repeat payments on their cards on a weekly basis. I wondered if you had considered adding the repeat function to the OSC admin area as you have done with void and credit?

Thanks

Dave

Sorry Tom,

one last thing, following on from what you said about the reasons the error messages not showing up on the page, I've overwritten all my checkout_x.php files with original osc stock files and the error messages still don't appear. Any ideas where else to look or if there are any other files involved?

TIA

Dave

Tom

Unfortunately now experiencing some serious problems with 4.2 and 3D Secure turned on. I have applied the javascript multiple transaction fix both to the 'Confirm' button in checkout_confirmation.php and also to the 'Complete order' button in the iframe of protx_process.php.

The problems are twofold but I think they stem from the same source - Money is being taken by Protx twice or even three times for the same order OR money is taken two or three times but NO ORDER is created in osCommerce. The protx_direct table shows a confusing set of response data - some lines have much of the info missing - here are some examples

10386	847	7159	7159-36065942542914408269604589773474	PAYMENT	37.67												03/07/07 11:23																		
10385	847	7159	7159-56691517031330025339430666229258	PAYMENT	37.67												03/07/07 11:19																																					
10388	925	7160	7160-93305677322855588537723040697547	PAYMENT	32.8												03/07/07 13:16																																									
10389	5821	7161	7161-84317109666867137106086033910108	PAYMENT	11		3DAUTH	You should now redirect the Customer to their issuing bank for 3D-Authentication							OK		03/07/07 14:24																													
10390	4228	7161	7161-37473177419453332753939524886891	PAYMENT	95												03/07/07 14:25																																															
10391	5821	7162	7162-86997650409209784545302907201282	PAYMENT	11												03/07/07 14:26																																							
10392	5821	7162	7162-16475645938615800267061538947230	PAYMENT	11	{C6CCEF4A-08CA-45D6-B3B6-B6DD5E3A0795}	OK		49578513	S5Y63un9Jy	ALL MATCH	MATCHED	MATCHED	MATCHED	ATTEMPTONLY	huxMpAGTXo4nAAEAAAB7KE9Pbu8%3D	03/07/07 14:29																
10393	5822	7163	7163-68926275546969073244819595044360	PAYMENT	60.01	{2BB205BF-A0AB-4800-A6BF-769EE27EF5F0}	ERROR	The given transaction identifier is duplicate.			DATA NOT CHECKED				OK	jOxMpAGTXo4nARACjTGFI3kcUeQ%3D	03/07/07 14:31																																																																																

For order no 7161 the strange 3D Secure message seems to have caused a delay so that order no 7161 was re-allocated to a successful transaction for another customer, then the original customer has been allocated order no 7162 and Vspadmin shows the money being taken twice with a 2.5min time interval between transactions.

The money for order no 7159 (£37.67) was taken twice in Vspadmin ... but in osCommerce order no 7159 is for a different customer altogether and the basket for the original 7159 is still extant.

Seems to me that there is a timing issue of some sort here - I do not know if Protx provide detailed debug logs for transaction processing, so my first port of call is here on the forum. I have also had a number of duplicate payments on another site, but that client is so dismayed by the banks' dilatory and sloppy handling of the 3D secure implementation that they have decided to turn off 3D secure and challenge the banks on their poor performance. That site has exactly the same installation of 4.2 protx_direct contribution ... but they are no longer seeing multiple debits or order failures.

Sorry about this bad news ... but that's IT folks!

Edited by kdenby

Tom,

I have just upgraded to 4.2, but the void and refund are not working. The transaction i'm testing it on was placed using the upgraded module, so all db field names should be ok. When I click on refund I get the value dialog, however after entering an amount the page goes completely blank. When trying void I get the error (stored to protx_direct table) of "The original transaction not found,"

The vendorTXcode looks correct.

I have double checked the versions of the main module files and they are all correct.