• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

I am working on it an apologise for the inconveince but I do this in my spare time and I'm currently in the process of moving house!

Tom

I just want to say thanks to Tom for all his work on this. His work is invaluable for us protx users.

I look forward to upgrading the the next version, when it's stable!

Thanks

Neil

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zarren: That's a bit cheeky asking Tom to "sort it out"!!! Since when did open source authors who work on code in their spare time ever have to do anything for anyone else? Maybe you should be a little more polite if you really do want it fixed! :angry:

Tom: I'd just like to say thanks for putting in so much hard work to make the Protx Direct contribution such a valuable additition to OScommerce. I for one very much appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Shaun

Shaun By sort itout I mean just inform people not to use the contrib. And I'm sorry but I didn't see that post from tom so I do apologie and I also do apreciate all the hard work everybody puts into oscommerce.

Sorry again tom but it turns out after 20 mins on the phone to protx it turns out it was an error with their end with the sales being not stored and the 3D secure not working.

Admin side I have not got a clue. It looks like the module is not storing all the info to the database properly? the customer ID is always 0 and the value is always null? Im going to see if I can help out and try to get it working again but I'm still learning to excuse me for any stuff ups.

Sorry again tom but it turns out after 20 mins on the phone to protx it turns out it was an error with their end with the sales being not stored and the 3D secure not working.

Admin side I have not got a clue. It looks like the module is not storing all the info to the database properly? the customer ID is always 0 and the value is always null? Im going to see if I can help out and try to get it working again but I'm still learning to excuse me for any stuff ups.

Customer ID not being stored correctly is defo why its not displaying anything in orders.php , but I cannot see anything wrong with my untrained eye??? I can see that you have rearranged the code in protx_process.php to store info to the database, but I cannot see anything wrong with the code? Help Please!!!

Zarren

I've not implemented 3D Secure yet because to be honest I don't have complete confidence in Protx's implementation. There has been a distinct lack of information from them regarding this and I find it particuarly disturbing that they still have problems with their 3D secure processes.

I hope we can get this resolved soon because I do want to switch on 3D secure, but I am very reluctant until all the processes are stable, both at the oscommerce side, and the protx side.

The work that Tom has done on this is great, I wish I could help with this myself, but I'm a little out of my depth with this.

Cheers

Neil

I think the problem is because the URL GET requests are too long once all the parameters are added so what I'm doing is changing this to store some of the details oin the database before doing the 3D-scure part then updating it afterwards rather than waiting until the whole process is complete before storing it.

I should hopefully have it sorted over the next few days, in the mean time there is no reason not to continue with v3.2 as Protx haven't yet launched the next Authentica/authorise (expected July)

Tom

I think the problem is because the URL GET requests are too long once all the parameters are added so what I'm doing is changing this to store some of the details oin the database before doing the 3D-scure part then updating it afterwards rather than waiting until the whole process is complete before storing it.

I should hopefully have it sorted over the next few days, in the mean time there is no reason not to continue with v3.2 as Protx haven't yet launched the next Authentica/authorise (expected July)

You are a star Tom.

I use Protx and watch this thread avidly and it is one of the few fully (and skillfully) supported contributions.

Appreciate your ongoing efforts to keep us up-to-date and functioning :D

Edited by Babygurgles

Thank you all for the support :)

I've uploaded a new version that I believe addresses the problems with v4.0

Please do test throughly on your site with the Protx simulator and let me know if you have any other issues.

Summary:

- BUG FIX Release

- v4.0 contained a few bugs: - Dropped sessions if cookies not used and 3D-Secure active

- Javascript in 3D-Secure iframe not working in all browsers

- Not storing all data in database rendering admin part non-functional

- A problem with the more accurate order id

- sql install files not compatible with older versions of MySQL

As far as I have tested it with the Protx Simulator and IE / Firefox these issues are resolved. Please report any problems in the support thread (link above)

V4.1 seems to be working very well :D many thanks for all the work you have put into this

The only small issue I have now is that the void function does not work (gives the error "Transaction type is missing or invalid,") on the database it has the Transaction type as "CANCEL" and of course if you then (after trying to void) try to refund you get the error "Refund Failed,Related Vendor Transaction Code missing or invalid length" however if you delete the database entry for the failed "void" or try to refund before trying to void then the refund will work just fine.

Edited by livefooduk

Best wishes

Steve

Thanks Tom - I too find that 4.1 now delivers the transaction data to the order in admin ... but also that there is a problem with the Void/Cancel function. I will turn on the appalling 3D Secure tomorrow and test the iframe part ... but thanks a bunch for your dedication and hard work!

Hi,

I have just one client using Protx Form, set up nearly two years ago with the details of the process lost in the moists of time.

Suddenly I am facing a ten day deadline for changing the payment gateway so it supports 3D Secure (whatever that is). All I can find is this 25-page thread - 95% of which I don't understand :blush: Nowhere does there appear to be a working update for the payment gateway which will make this work.

Please don't flame me - I am on the edge of my knowledge envelope here and currently dependent on intermittent public internet access . . . any and all help and advise gratefully received (and OK, if you can help then you can flame me a bit as well . . . I am a self confessed idiot . . . . )

- Nick

Hi Tom,

Thanks again for the new update but I still seem to be having issues with the iframe (in both ie and firefox). The iframe is displayed but with the following error inside:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Input to decode not an even multiple of 4 characters; pad with =.

com.protx.mpi.xml.Base64.decode(Base64.java:263)

com.protx.mpi.xml.Base64.decode(Base64.java:324)

com.protx.mpi.simulator.AccessControlServlet.processPayerAuthenticationRequest(A

ccessControlServlet.java:82)

com.protx.mpi.simulator.AccessControlServlet.doPost(AccessControlServlet.java:68

)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.

Is this an issue with the config of my shop as no one else seems to have this problem.

I understand that your very busy at the minute but it would be a huge help if you could provide any suggestions to a possible resolution.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

Hi Tom,

Thanks again for the new update but I still seem to be having issues with the iframe (in both ie and firefox). The iframe is displayed but with the following error inside:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Input to decode not an even multiple of 4 characters; pad with =.

com.protx.mpi.xml.Base64.decode(Base64.java:263)

com.protx.mpi.xml.Base64.decode(Base64.java:324)

com.protx.mpi.simulator.AccessControlServlet.processPayerAuthenticationRequest(A

ccessControlServlet.java:82)

com.protx.mpi.simulator.AccessControlServlet.doPost(AccessControlServlet.java:68

)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.

Is this an issue with the config of my shop as no one else seems to have this problem.

I understand that your very busy at the minute but it would be a huge help if you could provide any suggestions to a possible resolution.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

I get the exact same error when 3Dsecure is activated in my Protx admin page. When 3Dsecure is turned off this contribtion (v4.1) works perfectly.

I have no idea about the javascript error that is above my head, but I do have some news on 3D Secure. Streamline and protx havent actually setup 3Dsecure yet lol!!! So if you are using protx with streamline dont turn on 3Dsecure on yet.

The transaction void error is aparently some sort of URL error? Status details reads as follows "Transaction type missing or invald" after looking into that error the transaction type is the url you send for eg: https://ukvps.protx.com/vps200/dotransactio...ce=VendorVoidTX for void.

I cannot see anything wrong with the code ??? I'm looking into it but im poo at php lol

hi

ive just installed protx direct v3.2 and i get this

The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid.<br>Please check the date and try again.

no matter what i choose on my card details page whilst checking out

anyone got any ideas?

thanks alot

sam

I can assure you that 3D Secure does work with streamline as I have it on at the moment. Not sure it deals with all cards correctly (i.e. ones that don't support 3D secure).

Iain

Check with protx, it will take payments but will flag a error with 3Dsecure. I spent an hour on the phone with protx

I'm telling you it works. Here is a sample from one of my transactions.

3D Secure Applied?: Default - 3D Secure checks performed where the card permitted and rules applied if they were active on the account at the time.

3D Secure Status: green_flag.gifThis transaction was fully 3D-Authenticated.

I have also had a problem yesterday where the payment was taken (twice) by Protx but it did not show up in osC, and the customer said they got a technical error message in a red box after going through the VISA bit.

I'm telling you it works. Here is a sample from one of my transactions.

I have also had a problem yesterday where the payment was taken (twice) by Protx but it did not show up in osC, and the customer said they got a technical error message in a red box after going through the VISA bit.

We're using Streamline merchant number with Protx, and 3DSecure (has been working fine for months), can't get it working with the latest module though..

Iframe produces the same javascript error on as above, and none iframe is slightly better but produces a 'technical error' after submitting password on test server.

Scott

Edited by AoM_Scott

no outside links please

First apologies that everyone's having so much trouble with this version! I certainly recommend keeping to v3.2 on a live site until it's all ironed out. I do have the latest version on my site - and ASAIK it is working ok.

@webcraft - v3.2 fully supports 3D-Secure - the newer versions supports an inframe so not to confuse customers and enhanced admin features as well as Protx's new authorise/authenticate. I am not involved with the Protx Form module but I believe that it also supports 3D-Secure

@charterhouse / craigf - I suspect the error you are seeing in the iframe is from an external server not yours. At what point does it appear? Before or after you select the response on the Protx Simulator 3D secure page?

@zarren - thanks for spotting the typo!

@samwillard - the error you are getting is produced when the card is checked by protx_cc_validation - before any data is sent to protx - did you copy all the files for the module correctly? Have you modified the checkout pages?

@skyline_select - have you implemented the javascript "fix" to prevent people clicking twice? The transaction that was reported as "a technical fault" - can you look in the protx_direct table in your db - what does the statusdetail field say?

@AoM_Scott - again - what is listed in the protx_direct table? Is it for all transactions with with ifram off? - If so can you do a test transaction but once at the simulator page activate the debug mode in admin in a new browser window, then finish the transaction and post the details here?

Thanks everyone for your patience whilst this is sorted out and thanks for your help reporting the problems

Tom

Without iframe.. 3D Secure part with debug on..

Request URL=https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vpsDirectAuth/Callback3D.asp
Data string sent=MD=011182440339933400&PARes=eJylWFmTokgQfvdXdPQ+GjNyeNFhu1HFJUqhIIfwhoAcAtqCIvz6LdTp7pnd2NjpNYKQyq
rM/PLLzKJg8uc1S58uwamID/nrM/mdeH4Kcu/gx3n4+mzowrfx85/TzkSPTkHArQPvfAqmExQUhRsGT7H/+kyQJDmm+n2CphmGpvsE8TydrIAWFLfpo3sKihfi+2DYH1B0fzgcU6MxQdB40cPrFDv9Tk56P4bY+smL
3LycTlzvDUrKtM+Qw9Fo0nsMJ1lwkrjpgCTp0YCkiPtv0ruLJ70P/dW5vSsw4mvsT2GyJxGpVIJMxyQ6Wmoe+QtBy9ae9DrptSsmvlsGU2xxRAwp8okcvtDjlwEz6d3kk2NrD
mSHM7ZN4mj7k95n0QSTc8Lk1dMxNZz03keT4Ho85AFeQU167/eT3ge6o5vjICnmEQqBtVvRRN9MJ2Wc/QKJeSExXTf5pCjd8lxMwaT3uJt47uUyBQBAoGmDfQV+/eFQb0smgRdPiQFGhP9vWiAND6e4jLIW58+CSa+F0rulFbNUvKzjMMf+TsETrp+8ePGL1+eoLI8vvV5VV
d8r+vvhFPba3PQIpofX+EUc/vGMK+mhHPhSvjt8RZt180Mee24aN26JCwYFZXTwn97B/pMpXWutkT2NZ79hc988sp9/ayUETQ6efw9F7yOIGwP/xf+vRk6F+62IXPJrrrVgF7SlFTwZmvT6/JtG7jb0k5sXu8MpK/6X9u+FHeSXID0cA/9b8YO9rzHwH/3/a9r/sLAae8gy3I3FF2D0fmLxjouLw6Aov1IRX6+Gu0/TTc+/24waMZL1BoAzEYzzhj+cyRMVp1yRyfvXW3ifTD8Cfi+9x/ijlX/piq/g6RSn/ZtMnvh1nIXBcIV05HDDaDxIWNtI7OHmDXkg2tqOVWtryZnJATbB97e8sULFW5HCROR2XnTxF8mo1xmUN
bpeIVWz9Gl3pvbiTlWlrnwOGKmmhIbsHhNtzLjj9eZkFRm3VeDqdO4mYhUV210t17NFBI4iafrqIegsY7
pEbD1yGFHpj8dwnOxfPxj4iPjOwiKov7q7bQYEw7ml+1VdNjiV8Q5vj+Vvs48kSQA6y0LxLQSVBEEoqWB
prsOFNpdnhm/2xEU0WjhEAhQY7t+ifSwyFQGBagiAY+E54XcIEiIgDb7DRsgyM7N2TeXoUP3QnM1Jj1ZDPTMJn2Jqt+E
3CBq3xewVLT+tLSQ+Pdt1/4oacIWhYnYgKPRF6qReluqu5Z/bBb5o1ttMIFyLOdtWFRqUWfvYiMQrUGKJUKWukUejEDXCHPHew5ECOj7t03J+M9a0xuRMuWzXDGcIKFx
bg2RLzys5mw8kYZ46cT/U+RSq+xStTc2R+Kuhsf2DXe8HSg2tjrOZHw0qzbcJCISKqJQENCiRKsQBfEG3lS05QCLdqFFjDBQ9dTH
PEDS8jMD+hgpGiNUI6drhmpZYxcTM63B/vWwz7bJN+BUCd1LhVRV1kTk7+EIaqnjV5kxVXQjgqBp7xrBYiHxRxXNF1RHvk7IA5zpGSbmWkkq8lnqi
UPsimW5z9arooLk7LHRZwHMZ2Ugik0kzs3HWMPJZiMnyzp2WWHdzy87ZpsZn3youXg4jiY2ShY7DW0uVB
O4O+WsK/Y12cKwBTo4S4UTtJbHl857ATks6WnvVXP2hMFAci4ydjVT8WHTLsqDV/kYhJH6Q+jP/4mXFdcYB944YGTxtnjp+DhvsofHZQeVlDBGwOIMUUYXOuOJUe744OFJ08RSg8hCqgAttAiAMBxxECGTK
lJsiCcySlG1L6qycmJ4fqcKLEsmnrtp2HMfUlWURk1773UbqNl2aCPSRWYqslZns27orI61/UmepDzWCW7JIp64+NZaXm44TWmE5p9Rl0eux+4S2PJ5Yu9aJ00jQlQbX1NoQs11eOa4U79NT5ieGdDWk
ZrzVdjw91+M5WB0bJQOkMurEs54OQgQBEJMwFIdtDZUJmLdczDTEgwQABIq2THyuUnncv8KBg+Jtfg34V
QMYxBUiS7FiZw1EscsbEF49DrFVtQhtaVHZmB9jBkLemmUR4c9gs4zHl3/qFjk3TzLuElsH484dwZhvawlxYigPQRnF5cGfaVVrwCCdNW4rYsuSiZdV559LiSllUrGMfdvP1blj0/MCceotjLmq4i0XQ8ZXu8XACkEYhicY8gJUPQ6E9tyWHFx2274aqnju0M7xwJZoNkRcB834T8o4/aJR2Q3YfzJSAdu23ZlGeNzhIlNM4tHgbwhb3jrvhhrARjHzT+FFrsX/W3ilbaUR5i/teAksP6GAHNAiJHSjjQu3SNhXZgNNIUyPW0vInTWTu5ZdSTrYIeCJcF0scXZdCNergY/cTvRWK0l24Zo+fCP50JZnhSMnIBVi5R3lVmTybT2g2u3Ka7er+NYlFz9Xii3lX+TMPzp4W+/8bV8HS4i59fuj+TAl7Li+bGZBMb/AdD9YCbw6l+rB2mMDc6TPq26yjIhZXRiF7AjmpnNcSG/cyTyKKyFTR1K506XhqqCdnd4fWobRDxdR5RDcaKld+0TODAmLulzOS9bbePnbLAt2ulmdV7o/O3p1h+7aRTOjNmWhu2kvoYYZjcr59WSRSp2R5Yrdz/tj8bgN1dfHk/mXx+H0Q9o+YN+f1F86qdyO4Wvwf9TRwT+n598+fl8c47KslYFFG2Vkh0wme1nuXmsRRfRWEC71Qt7ykt
RQm1kyQsloNdppg1VpEfbcdYzFUe7jXTQuQWASQmemor50XW0FelsVAz+DLkvkDhg2vfFivfKdStfmR7d
QZgbXT3LRdHaq393B9BAv1tbZoRQ1EdRkdS2Fsd7x0qW0B90cUTZn0Gdpx6BHJh6h3uPmH2/Avxk4UAG8Gfuh/+NE+pGFh+Tvw8f59Kfj2u1Dwe0zRvt2+/nzxl+aEo1R
Protx response=VPSProtocol=2.22
Status=REJECTED
StatusDetail=Your 3D Secure rulebase Rejected this transaction. 3D-Secure validation returned a status of  - 
3DSecureStatus=

curl_error=

My 3D Secure rulebase for test server is empty.. I added a rule for all transactions with the boxes all ticked.. same error.

Can't get that far with debug off as I get the java error as above? It feels like the information isn't being transferred to the 3DSecure server properly.. Not sure how this is done? Is it a POST or something?

Scott

no outside links please

I tired to edit the above post but couldn't..

With regards to the information above.. the module doesn't seem to actually be broken for none iframe.. it's just a result of me messing with the database trying to get PREAUTH with the new module.. Tried with a deferred transaction and went through fine. Still getting the error with the iframe though (Java) either way. My advice to anyone with the same problem without the iframe.. would be to uninstall the module in admin, and reinstall it.. so the configuration is not still for PREAUTH.. (mine is not like that I just added the PREAUTH type because I thought it would work the same - I was wrong :blush: )

Scott

no outside links please