• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

@allrightpet - try installing the latest version - it stores all transactions in the database even if failed. You can the use phpmyadmin to look at the protx_direct table (look at the Status and StatusDetail columns) for more information about failure. If the order is finally succesfull the failed attempts will show in the order detail page in admin.

Tom

Tom

many thanks. I have now got my site back on line. I noticed the following configuration option you provided in this release $disable_curl_ssl_check = false; // Set to true (no quotes)

I have set this to true and orders can now get through again :thumbsup:

I have no idea what this does but changed as curl/ssl was one of the things I suspected (I couldn't glean any advice from my host or protx an was getting desparate). Could you tell me what this configuration is about? As explained I lose a few hours every few months (today 8 hours). This is an outstanding contribution. I left my customers with Paypal as the only choice whilst protx direct was not working and sales certainly took a hit! The Protx Direct contribution is so much more slicker

Edited by allrightpet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

turning off that option stops curl from checking the SSL certifcates - it sometimes fails on some hosts (i don't know why!).

It seems strange that it would work for a while then stop and then work again though but if it works after changing that option then great!

Tom

Hi, thank you again for the fantastic work you have been doing on this.

Just installed the v4 on my test server and got 2 problems

problem 1. when trying to run the upgrade-v3.0.sql I get:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP' at line 5

So I left that line out and just ran:

ALTER TABLE protx_direct

ADD `value` decimal(15,4) default NULL AFTER `txtype`,

MODIFY `vpstxid` varchar(50) default NULL,

MODIFY `securitykey` varchar(10) default NULL;

(I also get the same error if I try to run the new_install.sql file)

Problem 2. When trying a test (live) transaction after submitting card details:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE Name='orders'' at line 1

SHOW TABLE STATUS WHERE Name='orders'

Edited by livefooduk

Best wishes

Steve

hey guys

Just installed Protx Direct 4.0 and got this error when trying to make a payment:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE Name='orders'' at line 1

Can anybody help please?

hey guys

Just installed Protx Direct 4.0 and got this error when trying to make a payment:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE Name='orders'' at line 1

Can anybody help please?

Sorry I've sorted the problem, it was somthing to do with the more accurate order id part of protx_process.php

Sorry I've sorted the problem, it was somthing to do with the more accurate order id part of protx_process.php

Sorry to bother you guys again but now I have another problem? Everything is working fine the payment side but the admin side is not working. Wfen I view the order there i nothing in the protx section just the headers?

I've just uploaded minor fix for the .sql file problem (due to version issues) and the problem with the more accurate order id method.

Orders not appearing in admin mean that the transaction is not storing properly - for it to display it must have the correct order_id and customer_id - try a few more tranasctions after applying the fixes and see if it is working - if not take a look at the protx_direct table and see if it is storing the transaction there correctly.

Tom

Hi All

I currently use the Protx Direct module Protx Direct v3.0c. This seems stable on my system and I have not had any problems. I am very happy with how well this module works....

I need however to activate 3D Secure on my protx account and start accepting cards set up with this system.

Do you recommend I install the latest module (Protx Direct v4.0a)? I would like to use the most stable and tested version of this module. I know Protx Direct v3.0c accepts 3D secure also, Can I use this version with no problems?

Also, how can I test the install of the module with 3D Secure enabled cards? I do not have any 3D enabled personal cards and I want to ensure that this works fine. I want to minimise the time that my site is down due to the install of this module.

Many Thanks for your help. The developer of this module deserves a medal!

Neil

Version 3.0c supports 3D-Secure - to test use it in "simulator mode", go to the Protx Simulator admin https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vspsimulator/ and set the response to "3DAUTH" - this will allow you to test.

Later versions of the module have a number of improvements - non critical (that I recall) but more to do with extra features and functionality - review the readme.txt in the latest for a history of changes.

Tom

Hi again

v4.0a works like a dream now except that in order details there is nothing in the protx section just the headers, have looked at protx_direct database table and all the info is in there correctly except that:

customer_id = 0 .....the account I used to test the transaction has custome id = 3

value = 0 ..... the actual transaction value was £0.72

This is not a big problem to me, we never had that info to hand with the order details before but I would love to be able to refund/void a transaction from the order details page, I believe v4.0 also has that fuction?

Edited by livefooduk

Best wishes

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the update to this superb contribution.

Unfortunately I seem to be having an issue with the iframe using 3dsecure. When use iframe is set to true it produces an internal server error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Input to decode not an even multiple of 4 characters; pad with =.

com.protx.mpi.xml.Base64.decode(Base64.java:263)

com.protx.mpi.xml.Base64.decode(Base64.java:324)

com.protx.mpi.simulator.AccessControlServlet.processPayerAuthenticationRequest(A

ccessControlServlet.java:82)

com.protx.mpi.simulator.AccessControlServlet.doPost(AccessControlServlet.java:68

)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong here?

Any help would be superb.

Regards,

Paul.

Yes ... I too have that problem with 4.0a - the customer id and the value are not being written to protx_direct table if 3DSecure is turned off (and btw what a vile mess the banks have made of 3D Secure!!! - we have had to turn it off because the number of confused/alarmed customer phone calls rocketed)

I had a quick look at the code in protx_process.php but cannot see the problem - changes from 3.1a are too great for that to be much use as a comparison.

Cheers

Keith

Edited by kdenby

sorry - there does seem to be a problem when 3D-Secure is disabled - I'll look into it as soon as I can

Tom

Hey Tom

Have you done anything about the Mastercard Secure Code that has to be on ecommerce websites by the 30th june 2007?

I am now being sent all the info from protx and will have a go at adding it to 4.0a but I am no boffin at php so forgive me if I royaly stuff it up lol. Il let you know when I'm done.

I have upgraded to v 4.0a, and it stopped working completely.

I did some de-buging, and the first problem I found is that it is not reading the URL correctly. I had to turn off SEO URLs, but I do not want to leave it like that.

The second problem was when the iframe loaded, it presented me with the login page. I corrected this by changing this line

<iframe src="protx_process.php?action=iframe<?php echo '&acsurl='.urlencode($responses['ACSURL']).'&pareq='.$responses['PAReq'].'&md='.$responses['MD'].'&termurl='.urlencode(HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG . 'protx_process.php?action=3Dreturn&VendorTxId='.$VendorTxCode.'&OrderID='.$new_order_id.'&'.tep_session_name().'='.tep_session_id().'&total='.(number_format($_POST['ord_total'] * $currencies->get_value($currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($currency))).'&customerid='.$customer_id.'&iframe=Y'); ?>" width="80%" height="80%" frameborder=1 scrolling="auto"></iframe>

to this

<iframe src="protx_process.php?action=iframe<?php echo '&acsurl='.urlencode($responses['ACSURL']).'&pareq='.$responses['PAReq'].'&md='.$responses['MD'].'&termurl='.urlencode(HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG . 'protx_process.php?action=3Dreturn&VendorTxId='.$VendorTxCode.'&OrderID='.$new_order_id.'&'.tep_session_name().'='.tep_session_id().'&total='.(number_format($_POST['ord_total'] * $currencies->get_value($currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($currency))).'&customerid='.$customer_id.'&iframe=Y').'&'.tep_session_name().'='.tep_session_id(); ?>" width="80%" height="80%" frameborder=1 scrolling="auto"></iframe>

i.e. adding .'&'.tep_session_name().'='.tep_session_id() to the end of the iframe source.

The last problem I found was that the last form did not submit it's self. I got a JS error: document.form has no properties.

I corrected this by changing

<body OnLoad="document.form.submit();">
<form action="'.$loc.'" target="_top" method="post">

to

<body onload="document.getElementById(\'theform\').submit();">
<form id="theform" action="'.$loc.'" target="_top" method="post">

Now, this is a very big bodge job, so I would appreciate it if someone can do it properly and release a new fixed version.

P.S. Clicking Void in the orders admin returns

CANCEL   	   	MALFORMED   	Transaction type is missing or invalid,

in a new table row. I hope this can be fixed too.

Thanks for the feedback - I suggest keeping with previous version until I've looked into these things.

@zarren - the mastercard securecode along with verified by visa is the 3D-secure part of the module - available since v3.0

@Skyline_select - which browser are you using?

Tom

@Skyline_select - which browser are you using?

I use Camino as my main browser, so only tested in that.

Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070509 Camino/1.5

I have a feeling document.forms.form.submit() or something similar might have worked, but I prefer the new access method (ids) as opposed to DOM.

Decided to change over from Protx Form to Protx Direct and installed the latest version as instructed. Now, despite haing done everything, keep getting the following error each time I try to make a test transaction.

Credit Card Error!

Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us

Any ideas at all please?

Credit Card Error!

Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. Please try again and if the problem persists please contact us

Any ideas at all please?

I think that happens when you try using a card which does not work with 3D secure / MasterCard SecureCode/ Verified by Visa. Try another card.

You may not have not setup the Protx end up correctly. Switch on the "debug" mode in admin and try the transaction again - post the details here and I can interprete it for you.

Tom

hey again guys

Protx 4.o has given me the biggest headache ever lol I've just got back into work and the protx modual has been sending most payments through as 0.00 !!!!Now I have to mail several customers explaining why their payment wasnt taken and convincing them im not a conman trying to rip em off lol!!!!!

Tom sort it out ! tell people not to use this contrib until it is stable.

I have said not to use ( http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1090815 ).

Are you sure the value was £0.00 - have you checked this in PRotx admin - the Protx servers normally refuse any transaction with a value less than 0.01 automatically - if you read above it is know that it is not recording the value correctly in admin at times.

I am working on it an apologise for the inconveince but I do this in my spare time and I'm currently in the process of moving house!

I hope to have a fixed version in the next few days - it's just trying to narrow down the exact problem becuase it doesn't always happen (it seems to affect those transactions where 3D-Secure fails or is not enable mostly)

Tom

zarren: That's a bit cheeky asking Tom to "sort it out"!!! Since when did open source authors who work on code in their spare time ever have to do anything for anyone else? Maybe you should be a little more polite if you really do want it fixed! :angry:

Tom: I'd just like to say thanks for putting in so much hard work to make the Protx Direct contribution such a valuable additition to OScommerce. I for one very much appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Shaun