• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I too tired and missing something??????

I've just updated from v2.4 to v3.0c. Everything works ok in Simulator and Test modes (i.e. I'm getting sent to the 3D Screen) but when I go to Production my "live card tests" are just getting authorised as normal from the customer perspective. However, when I log into my VSP admin I can see the message:

The initial authentication request returned an ERROR. No 3D-Authentication occurred! Please e-mail [email protected] to inform us of this error.

I have informed Protx who have said:

The site is not redirecting the customer to the 3D Secure pages because you are using VSP Direct, this means your developer will need to ensure that the ************* system passes the customer to the 3D Secure pages. Full instructions for doing this can be located in the Intergration Guide this can be found on the URL bellow.

I have 3D Secure "ON" and have checked the upgrade again. (I've even amended the 16 to 32 INT length for vendortxcode in the previous posts).

Hope this is really one of those "DOH !" moments..........

If it works in simulator and test modes then their is no problem with the module.

Have Protx enabled 3D-Secure with your merchant bank? - that needs to happen before it will work in live mode

Tom

Hi Tom,

You're right on the money as usual !

Although Protx had said it was all set up, they have now come back and said that Natwest Streamline are still testing 3D Secure with Protx and expect to get it signed off within the next couple of months.

So it looks like Natwest Streamline may not be up and running until May time (although you think you have turned 3D Secure on in your Protx Account parameters).

Thanks again.

Bob

New Version (v3.1) uploaded to http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4026

New features:

- Ability to release deferred transactions via admin order page.

- Ability to refund transactions via admin order page.

- AVS/CVV/3D-Secure checking results shown in admin order page.

- Logging of failed transaction attempts in database (these will show in admin if order is eventually successful).

- VendorTxCode now in format order_id-randomnumber for easier matching in Protx admin and increased length of random number

- Improved debug reporting including cUrl failure message

- Minor bug fixes / code tidying

KNOWN ISSUE:

- Release / Refund functionality DOES NOT WORK with transactions made prior to upgrading to this version (due to a problem with the storing of VendorTxCode)

Upgrade instructions in package

Any problems please let me know.

Tom

Hi, I am just upgrading and i get the following error:

"The VendorTxCode you supplied is an invalid length. VendorTxCodes should be between 1 to 40 characters long. - Your credit card could not be authorised for this reason......"

I have checked the table and the VendorTxCode is the order ID, I notice the old VendorTxCode in the table are all the same number. (not sure what version it is -- its been running fine for 12 months)

The order ID is 36545821 so is between 1 and 40 characters.

I am in production mode, correct vendor, and I.P. address registered.

It is late and I've been "upgrading" for hours........maybe something simple

Thanks

Hi

Nice to see that this invaluable contrib is being constantly updated :thumbsup:

Thanks perfectpassion.

Onto the error :D

I tried a refund and catalog>admin>orders_protx.php (line 52) attempted to find tep_create_random_value.

This does not exist in my version of osC, just tep_rand which is obviously not the same thing.

Sorry for that omission - tep_create_random_value if a standard osC function but is only on the catalog side and I forgot I'd copied across to admin.

Insert the following into admin/includes/functions/general.php

function tep_create_random_value($length, $type = 'mixed') {
if ( ($type != 'mixed') && ($type != 'chars') && ($type != 'digits')) return false;

$rand_value = '';
while (strlen($rand_value) < $length) {
  if ($type == 'digits') {
	$char = tep_rand(0,9);
  } else {
	$char = chr(tep_rand(0,255));
  }
  if ($type == 'mixed') {
	if (eregi('^[a-z0-9]$', $char)) $rand_value .= $char;
  } elseif ($type == 'chars') {
	if (eregi('^[a-z]$', $char)) $rand_value .= $char;
  } elseif ($type == 'digits') {
	if (ereg('^[0-9]$', $char)) $rand_value .= $char;
  }
}

return $rand_value;
 }

Tom

"The VendorTxCode you supplied is an invalid length. VendorTxCodes should be between 1 to 40 characters long. - Your credit card could not be authorised for this reason......"

tried a number of things, not having much success is this an error any one has encountered before?

really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Darren

tried a number of things, not having much success is this an error any one has encountered before?

really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Darren

In your protx_direct table

reset the field vendortxcode to varchar(40)

error in orders_protx.php - Version 3.1

Effect: Refunds don't work due to missing vendortxcode

Line 57

'&VendorTxCode=' . $vendortxcode .

should be ..

'&VendorTxCode=' . $VendorTxCode .

Edited by Babygurgles

Thank you babygurgles for pointing that out - it was late last night as I put the package together (at least that's what I'm blaming on my silly mistakes!)

I've updated the install instructions to include the tep_create_random_value function and corrected orders_protx.php as you pointed out.

Thanks, Tom

Thank you babygurgles for pointing that out - it was late last night as I put the package together (at least that's what I'm blaming on my silly mistakes!)

I've updated the install instructions to include the tep_create_random_value function and corrected orders_protx.php as you pointed out.

Thanks, Tom

Less of the (at least that's what I'm blaming on my silly mistakes!) please!

I for one am grateful that you a) Do this at all .. and B) That you update it so regularly.

Glad I was of some help.

In your protx_direct table

reset the field vendortxcode to varchar(40)

thank you i did that but i had the same error

I changed:

$VendorTxCode = $new_order_id . '-'. $uid;

to remove the - and it works just fine now.

Protx will not accept a VendorTxCode of more than 40 chars - $uid is 32 digits so if removing the '-' works it must mean that $new_order_id is 7 digits long. $new_order_id is creasted by getting the last order id from the orders table and incrementing it by 1. This must mean that your order numbers are > 999999.

Instead of removng the '-' you could change the $uid=tep_create_random_value('32','digits) to a lower value and this would shorten the random value (but don't have it to short as the shorter the greater the chance of having 2 values the same)

Tom

Protx will not accept a VendorTxCode of more than 40 chars - $uid is 32 digits so if removing the '-' works it must mean that $new_order_id is 7 digits long. $new_order_id is creasted by getting the last order id from the orders table and incrementing it by 1. This must mean that your order numbers are > 999999.

Instead of removng the '-' you could change the $uid=tep_create_random_value('32','digits) to a lower value and this would shorten the random value (but don't have it to short as the shorter the greater the chance of having 2 values the same)

Tom

Thanks Tom.

My order numbers are 8 chars so they are spot on 40 without the - I now understand the logic and will ammend.

(I was over 40 chars before)

Thanks again,

Darren

I'm in trouble here. My payment system isn't working.

Symptoms:

Goes straight from checkout_payment to checkout_sucess without going through the PROTX system.

What I have done:

1) changed vendortxcode in admin to VARCHAR(40)

2) Installed the new version of PROTX 3.1a (worked on my test site.

3) Uninstalled and uploaded from back up .. still the same.

Help lol I'm losing lots of money ..

Well it is working.

I think it was never broken.

It certainly wasn't a problem with the contrib just to make that clear. Whatever it was/is was caused by me.

Looking into it.

LOLZ I think I'm a bit over optimised :blink:

I have caches all over the place. I think I upgraded to 3.1a then forgot to clear the configuration cache

There's a warning to everyone who is capable of being as stupid as I am :D

Edited by Babygurgles

Hey guys

just a quickie, im using the new update and have a little problem?

When I click refund im getting this error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_create_random_value() in /home/www/norfolklights.com/public_html/admin/orders_protx.php on line 52

Can anybody advise?

Hey guys

just a quickie, im using the new update and have a little problem?

When I click refund im getting this error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_create_random_value() in /home/www/norfolklights.com/public_html/admin/orders_protx.php on line 52

Can anybody advise?

You are missing a function in admin>includes>functions>general.php

The function was updated in the latest contrib, also theres a change to another file (orders_protx)

Edited by Babygurgles

norfolklights.com

Sorry to bring bad news, but I've just been to have a look at your site, and found the product images won't load on the front page, neither in the product description! I clicked on the contact page, that wouldn't load either, I got this instead

Page Loading... please wait!

This page still doesn't show? Click here

The click here won't function either.

BTW I'm using Firefox, but I get the same in explorer

You are missing a function in admin>includes>functions>general.php

The function was updated in the latest contrib, also theres a change to another file (orders_protx)

Thanks for the speedy response ;) I feel a bit of a dipshit because the answers were on the previous page lol.

Has anybody managed to fix the refund error yet? I got it to start the refund and then I get problems with the Vendor TX Code?

Thanks for the speedy response ;) I feel a bit of a dipshit because the answers were on the previous page lol.

Has anybody managed to fix the refund error yet? I got it to start the refund and then I get problems with the Vendor TX Code?

heheh and that has been sorted, it was me playing with things. Take a look now

heheh and that has been sorted, it was me playing with things. Take a look now

Right I can get order_protx.php to read the vender code from mysql but it looks like the vender code is stored incorrectly there?

How is that number generated? via the protx module when a payment is sent or does protx generate this code?

Let me know and I think i can sort this little problem out.