• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Direct v2.22

I haven't made any chnages to the standard release of both modules.

Testing it more it doesn't get stuck in any loop but if javascript is disabled then you can place an order without checking the agree box. This problem is not specific to protx direct v3 - it would happen to any payment module that redirects before checkout_process - such as the standard osC paypal module.

Tom

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how is the 'agree' variable passed to and from protx_process then?

I know about the javascript issue and it is nothing to do with this directly. That is a matter of providing an alternative php method if javascript is disabled.

Vger

the agree variable isn't passed - it is only needed when javascript is disabled. As it isn't passed the validation isn't performed so the order passes even if terms isn't agreed - because of the changes made recently to the agrre to terms module that were "fixes" it doesn't loop but it doesn't validate it either.

Tom

hi tom and everyone

i'm not sure what's wrong with the Protx option on my site. whenever i tried an order which is greater than £999 i will get an error at the URL bar like this:

https://www.simplythai.co.uk/checkout_payment.php?error_message=The%20Amount%20field%20contains%20non-numeric%20characters.%20%20Only%20numbers%20and%20a%20decimal%20point%20are%20accepted.%20-%20Your+credit+card+could+not+be+authorized+for+this+reason. +Please+correct+any+information+and+try+again+or+contact+us+for+further+assistan
ce

but when i choose different method of payment i.e. cheque?money Order, the order will go through fine.

btw, i removed "," from the £ currency in admin , it still reported the non numeric characters as above.

please help

Kind regards,

mangotrees

Which version of the module are you using?

This is a known issue that has been resolved. Update to V3.0c (or v2.4a if you don't want 3D-secure features)

Tom

tom,

thanks. forgot to chceck the update. i can now take even £10000 order.

rgds,

mangotrees

Which version of the module are you using?

This is a known issue that has been resolved. Update to V3.0c (or v2.4a if you don't want 3D-secure features)

Tom

Okay, the penny has finally dropped. The later versions (without the fix) only use javascript validation and not POST commands - so the latest versions of "Must Agree To Terms" don't have the problem of having to pass the variable through protx_process. And this is why you kept mentioning the javascript fix.

We were talking at cross purposes.

You probably did not realise the earlier versions of "Must Agree Terms" used PHP validation, while I did not realise that the later versions only used javascript.

Vger

the agree variable isn't passed - it is only needed when javascript is disabled. As it isn't passed the validation isn't performed so the order passes even if terms isn't agreed - because of the changes made recently to the agrre to terms module that were "fixes" it doesn't loop but it doesn't validate it either.

Tom

Hi there,

This is slightly off topic, but is to do with Protx Direct :)

i have downloaded a backup of my database which i am trying to install locally using xampp. However when i try and import the database i get this error.

Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE protx_direct(

id int( 11 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

customer_id int( 11 ) default '0' NOT NULL ,

order_id int( 11 ) default '0' NOT NULL ,

vendortxcode int( 16 ) default '0' NOT NULL ,

txtype varchar( 16 ) NOT NULL ,

vpstxid varchar( 50 ) default '0' NOT NULL ,

STATUS varchar( 10 ) ,

statusdetail varchar( 100 ) ,

txauthno varchar( 10 ) default '0' NOT NULL ,

securitykey varchar( 50 ) default '0' NOT NULL ,

avscv2 varchar( 50 ) default '0' NOT NULL ,

address_result varchar( 20 ) NOT NULL ,

postcode_result varchar( 20 ) NOT NULL ,

CV2_result varchar( 20 ) NOT NULL ,

txtime timestamp default 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP',

UNIQUE id( id )

);

MySQL said:

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'txtime'

I've never had to restore a database on my live server so I don't know if this is specific to the local server

Thanks

Dave

Okay, so now I have a question (or two).

Using a 'Solo' card go through Checkout Payment and end up on an off-site screen which asks if I want to enroll in the Mastercard Card Protection service.

Elect 'No' and go back to Checkout Payment Screen. Input the card details again, go back to the same MasterCard screen, only this time no option not to enrol.

Proceed to enrol, but get a message that the card could not be verified at this time.

Any idea what's going on here? Why would I even end up on a Master Card screen when the card used is a Solo debit card?

Vger

The off-site screens are determined by the card issuer and your merchant bank for the 3D-secure part of the transaction.

Protx have some good information about the mechanisms at the site:

http://techsupport.protx.com/threedsecure.asp

and

http://techsupport.protx.com/vspdirectcustom.asp

You can change your 3d-secure rulebase in protx admin to allow transaction where 3d-secure is possible but the customer declines to use to pass.

I believe that solo does use the mastercard securecode, whilst delta uses verified by visa - both to add security for debit cards.

Tom

Hi Guys & Gals...

I'm having a few issues with installing Prox Direct in my clients shop. It already Protx Form and we neeed to switch. Would somebody be prepared to carry out the integration for me - cash incentives obviously.. I just don;t have the time to fiddle at the moment...

Thanks

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Protx Form.

I'm getting an awful lot (vertually all) of payments saying 'Address Numerics: Not Matched' which is a pain.

Looking at the address in the Protx form which has been supplied by my osc. It seems like all the line breaks have been removed, so where I should have an address that looks like this

25 Nowhere Street,

Urban Town,

The County,

AA1 2BB,

I'm getting

25 Nowhere Street,Urban Town,The County,AA1 2BB, (yes the space is missing after the comma)

I have found if the address is edited to lay out on seperate lines in Protx when entering your card details I don't gett the 'Not matched' error.

Can anyone give me a clue where to start looking and making good please?

Thanks in advance :)

Seperate issue to my other Protx question.

I currently have my store set-up on one server with one domain (www.mydomain.NET).

I'm setting up a second domain (www.mydomain.COM) on a different server (because the 1st server has farrrrr toooo much down time - I will be moving the first domain over to the new server at a later date).

My question is... Is it possible to have two domains pointing to the same Protx account, or will I have to set up another Protx account (Oh no, not more fee's :'( )?

Any help guidence etc. greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

This is the thread for the protx DIRECT module not the FORM module - you need to direct your question abouot the address to that thread. (just to note the spacing should not matter - the address verification only uses the numbers from the address and postcode not the whole address).

Regarding your second question - yes one account can be used for more than one domain - you need to add the IP address of all the servers in the protx admin area.

Tom

This is the thread for the protx DIRECT module

Whoops,

Sorry, missed that :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Can anyone help. I have tried a fresh install of Oscommerce with the Protx Direct v2.22 module. I have already tried Protx Direct v3.0c but rolled back as my client hasn't got 3DSecure setup on his protx account yet.

I am not getting any response from the protx server at all!

My current settings are:

Enable Protx Direct Module

True

VPS Protocol Version

Vendor Name

testvendor

Transaction Mode

Test

Authorization Type

PREAUTH

I keep getting the message:

- Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.
If i switch debug mode on all i get is:
VPSProtocol=2.22&TxType=PREAUTH&Vendor=testvendor&VendorTxCode=0700784875418882&Amount=65.00&Currency=GBP&Description=Blade+Runner+-+Director%27s+Cut%28qty%3A+2%29+&CardHolder=D+Warren&CardNumber=5404000000000001&StartDate=0103&ExpiryDate=0109&IssueNumber=&CV2=123&CardType=MC&CustomerEMail=david%40convolution.co.uk&ContactNumber=01141234567&BillingAddress=111+test+Road&BillingPostCode=A11+11D&DeliveryAddress=111+test+Road&DeliveryPostCode=A11+11D&CAVV=&XID=&ECI=&ClientIPAddress=212.69.45.46&3DSecureStatus=

CURL is installed and there is an SSL installed. I have read that https cookie domains can impact on this so my config setup looks like this:

Domain: http://www.cycleraxlimited.com/oscommerce

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.cycleraxlimited.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cycleraxlimited.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.cycleraxlimited.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/oscommerce/');

Any help appreciated!

dwarren

Any ideas?

Hi all,

Can anyone help. snip..................................

Any help appreciated!

dwarren

Any ideas?

Looks like Vger has beat me...

Not able to help a lot, as I use Protx_Form, however try asking your client to disable the 3D in his Protx control Panel. Get something working, then re-enable it. I found with 3D enabled, it voided most transactions, even mine!! So until everyones card is part of the 3D scheme, you may also chose to avoid it.

The Protx help desk are quite good at helping out, though any enquiries this time of day may be left till tomorrow (they usually want the merchant number).

The other place for answers/help is here https://support.protx.com/forum/

Replace 'testvendor' with his actual account name, but run in Test Mode.

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'cycleraxlimited.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce/');

Vger

Hi Vger,

Have tried that but to no avai. Still coming up with the message:

- Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

On another note I have just emailed my ISP as it appears that I cannot access protx website??? (It's as though my IP is blocked). I can't ping it and it just times out on both IE or Mozilla. Weird??!!

I can still access the VSPadmin areas and can't imagine my lack of ability to access the protx website can be having an effect on my current issue?

and can't imagine my lack of ability to access the protx website can be having an effect on my current issue?

Think again - it sounds like you have a problem with your ISP. We can access Protx just fine - both their website and VPS accounts.

If you are using your ISP for hosting then they may have gotten their IP address blocked by Protx.

Also make sure that you have entered the server's gateway ip address in your Protx account.

Vger

open catalog/protx_process.php (v3) or catalog/includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php (v2.4):

find:

// Uncomment these lines if having problems connecting to Protx server
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
  // End of Add

and uncomment:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
  // End of Add

note: This code appears twice in v3 (protx_process.php) and both sections need changing

Tom

open catalog/protx_process.php (v3) or catalog/includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php (v2.4):

find:

// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
  // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
  // End of Add

and uncomment:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);
  // End of Add

note: This code appears twice in v3 (protx_process.php) and both sections need changing

Tom

Hi Tom,

Tried this but no luck. Still the same message. Does it matter that I am running this site on a sub folder of the domain that protx have (namely: cycleraxlimited.com/oscommerce as opposed to cycleraxlimited)?

The IP entered into protx admin is the gateway ip of the server and it is not my ISP that is used for hosting which makes me think it can't be this causing the problem.

Have emailed protx support to see if they can shed any light on it.....

Edited by dwarren