• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prices for Logged-In Users Only (official support)

azer

• 3 months later...

When using this contribution and the newest version of PayPal IPN v2.3.2 contribution you will notice that the customer copy of the order email no longer displays the product prices. I am wondering if anyone can supply a solution for this problem. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all.

Here's a real silly Q.

The description Malcomp gives us reads as follows:

"Provide a new configuration variable: "Allow Guests to See Prices". When 'false', all prices and methods of ordering a disabled unless the user is logged in." - Just what I wanted.

Where do I find this on my control panel to actually use it?

I have opened every tab I could, from Configuration down to Tools and No Luck.

I followed the instructions posted as follows:

" Price for logged-in user only(easy files, upload and ready no self scripting) djicen 6 Jul 2008

Dont script ur self!!!!

I already dit for u, Download the package and upload the files and Ur Done"

And also changed the English.php file as follows:

"also the english.php is missing but just add

// Login for price

define('LOGIN_FOR_PRICE','Wholsale site Please login for prices'); // login for price

after the

// charset for web pages and emails

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');"

So it's all loaded and ready to go - where do I go?

• 3 months later...
So it's all loaded and ready to go - where do I go?

Did you install the SQL? The option should be at the bottom of the configuration menu in admin

My problem is that I use STS and after installing this contribution, it did not work (disappointingly).

Does anyone else use this with STS ? If so, any special advice?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We have had this add on installed for several years- it has always worked fine. All of the sudden, after our host had some server issues, when customers log in, if they click on anything to view prices, it automatically logs the user out. Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks for any info!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Has anybody figured how to combine this contrib with Display MSRP & Savings (contrib) ?

Namely, I'd like to hide all prices (our price, "you save") from unregistered users, BUT still show MSRP price.

How can it be done?

Thanks - ania

I hope you find the answer caused i need to achieve this urgently. If anyone got answer, can please assist in the matter??

Thank you

• 6 months later...

I am a bit new to SQL.. I am going to asume you know how to do this and let me know what I am doing wrong.

****I am saposed to:

1. Run this SQL on your databas:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES

('Only Display Prices to Logged in Users', 'STORE_SHOW_GUESTS_PRICES', 'false', 'Only display prices to logged in users', 1, 21, '2005-02-07 00:56:05', '2005-02-06 13:11:13', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

****So I backed up a sql file from my website and uploaded it to Mysql DB and then opend the SQL Query Window from MyphpAdmin and put that code in and presed "Go" and it ran through and didn't give any errors and gave me a run time like 0.008s (BUT NOW I DON"T KNOW SHOULD I SAVE THIS OR HOW TO? ) then after running the SQL thing i down loaded the DataBase and uploaded it but nothing chages. I did this about 5 times but no chage...I was saposed to add 2 lines of code on 2 php files and it all matches but it doesn't hide my prices for non loged in users.

***What i think is i don't know how to save the modification after running the SQL to down load the moded Database. Let me know what you think I am doing wrong?

**** ON the SQL comand what does " '2005-02-07 00:56:05', '2005-02-06 13:11:13' " mean? I even tryed running with '2100-02-07 00:56:05', '2005-02-06 13:11:13' but no change :(

Ashin,

Once you run the SQL query, that's it your done with it. You will now find an option in your admin area under configuration to turn on/off the modification to show prices to guests or not.

Chris

• 5 months later...

Hello thanxs for this greeat cotrib.

I have a question for a clever one... I want to remove not only the "buy now button" from product listing, but the all column of buy now on guests. Did anyone made it?

Hello thanxs for this greeat cotrib.

I have a question for a clever one... I want to remove not only the "buy now button" from product listing, but the all column of buy now on guests. Did anyone made it?

...anyone?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...