• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installed Header Tags and something doesn't seem to be right

I installed Header Tags 2.5.6

After reading numerous posts it seems that when I go to catalog>categories>edit I am supposed to have an option to add the Header Category, Title, Description and Keywords. I don't have that.

Did I possibly do something wrong?

I installed Header Tags 2.5.6

After reading numerous posts it seems that when I go to catalog>categories>edit I am supposed to have an option to add the Header Category, Title, Description and Keywords. I don't have that.

I also don't have the Meta Tag while editing the products.

Did I possibly do something wrong?

Any help will be utterly appreciated.

If you have the Categories Description contribution installed, you have to disable that first. Othewise, it is probably a mistake in the admin/categories.php file. use the one from the archive to see if it works. If it does, then you will need to compare the files to find your mistake.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have the Categories Description contribution installed, you have to disable that first. Othewise, it is probably a mistake in the admin/categories.php file. use the one from the archive to see if it works. If it does, then you will need to compare the files to find your mistake.

Jack

You were right. For some reason I had not installed all of the admin files. You are my hero! Now if I can just figure out how to get the meta keywords and descriptions for each product to properly show. It's always something.

I've had installed header tags installed at first. Now I am facing problem installing the category description over the modded store where one main contrib installed is header tags.

Such as the category description instructs to:

to open catalog/index.php file and ......

Sever instructions related to this file doesn't cause no problem but the below one does. It says:

Locate the following line (approximately line 66):

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

>>>>>>> Replace it with the following 9 lines:

<td class="pageHeading">
		 <?php 
		   if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {
			 echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
		   } else {
			 echo HEADING_TITLE;
		   }
		 ?>
		</td>

Irfan,

***CONTINUED***

Now the problem is that , this line

doesn not exist in my index.php file after I installed the Header Tags Contrib. It is becuse one instruction of the header tags replaces

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

by

<td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>
	   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	   <?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?> 
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } ?>

Irfan,

Installing the Categories Description contributions is a backwards step since Header Tags already has that option included. But if you want to install it, you will need to remove the changes made to the index file, except for the title part.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons