• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

www.Drako.it ver.5.0

Drako

yes, i did it again!

This is version 5.0 of my site....

I've been using oscommerce for about 3 years now, and it's so far the best OS i've never used!

Check my site and hit hard on me!

I'm thinking about releasing the source code of my site, without any graphics nor DB. Do you think it will be usefoul?

I've implemented about 30 contributions (maybe more) and created more than 20 contributions on my own, so let me know what do you think of my work.

My site

L8r! :thumbsup:

my contribution: Alex's Contributions

Hi Drako, I can't really pick through your site with detailed comments since I don't know Italian. Let me just say that the design is super pleasing to the eye (cool blue/green/black) and relaxing. My favorite technical feature is the shoot-out menus from the catagories box. Nice!!

Have fun and thanks for offering to share.

Sincerely,

Sharon

Hi Drako, I can't really pick through your site with detailed comments since I don't know Italian. Let me just say that the design is super pleasing to the eye (cool blue/green/black) and relaxing. My favorite technical feature is the shoot-out menus from the catagories box. Nice!!

Have fun and thanks for offering to share.

Sincerely,

Sharon

Like all others I cant check your spelling and such. BUT IT IS A GREAT LAYOUT. You have put a lot of time into it and I hope it pays off for you.

The site is nice to look at - good job!

One thing you might want to look at are the page titles (between <title></title> in your page header) - they are all the same: "Drako.it - Extreme modding".

That's not good from an SEO point of view and it also can be a bit annoying if a user wants to bookmark a particular page etc.

See my profile for our main OSCommerce site. My views are not necessarily the views of my employer.

Excellent, very nice and pro,

may I ask you to list few contribution installed... For exemple the dynamic category, looks great... I also wondering to know which contrib u are using for the catalog showing various product in a category with a short description of the product, the availability, the pric and last but not least the buy boutton,

Thanks in advance,

You have a problem with your pop-up images in Firefox. It isn't possible to pop up the additional images: it always shows the main picture.

:D

One thing that I always tend to look into is uniformity. Maybe it's just something I do, but..

I would recommend setting your entire pages to a set width, like 768, so that no matter what someone's resolution is, they see the page just like anyone else. 800x600 is probably the lowest resolution you should care, so 768 will work perfect. And center the page, I hate pages that are all left justified, feels awkward for me.

But.. I think overall the site is a very good version of osc stock layout. The colors are great and the site is nicely designed.

Can I adopt Drako? He's cute! LOL

Your information page, the various sections are all gathered together - how about a < P > or soemthing between each line.

Site loads fast for us dialup folks!

Great job!

great graphics! the page is very fast. i like the buttons very much. did you made them yourself, with which program???

i like the way products are displayed, how did you that? with a contribution?

best regards

The site is nice to look at - good job!

One thing you might want to look at are the page titles (between <title></title> in your page header) - they are all the same: "Drako.it - Extreme modding".

That's not good from an SEO point of view and it also can be a bit annoying if a user wants to bookmark a particular page etc.

Already working on it, and searching for a contrib that do that for me :D

You have a problem with your pop-up images in Firefox. It isn't possible to pop up the additional images: it always shows the main picture.

Right, i didn't noticed this before... i'm searching for a solution.

Excellent, very nice and pro,

may I ask you to list few contribution installed... For exemple the dynamic category, looks great... I also wondering to know which contrib u are using for the catalog showing various product in a category with a short description of the product, the availability, the pric and last but not least the buy boutton,

Thanks in advance, :D

The contrib i used are:

Admin Categories-Products Search Improvement 2.0, Admin Send Password V1.1, admin_23, b2bsuite_b092, contrib_PIvaCF_26, Copy Category v1.0, CSLH-OSCv1.0_1_2, ctool4, Customer Subject, Customers' Orders in Edit Order View, Email_HTML_Order_Link_Fixed, EmailInv1_1_1, enable_disable_categories_1.4, Inventory QTY in Order View, invoice, Loginbox_5.4, Mail Validation 2.0, menuBar_0_2_1, min_order1.1, modules, MonthlySales&Tax2.1.1, Must Agree to Terms v1.5.3, New Products Icon V1.2, order_editor1.61c, OSC2.2MS2_Keep_Image_Proportions, osc_2.2.MS2-payment_pack_ITA_1.3, osc_2.2-ita_payment-bonifico_bancario-ver2, PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN 3.1.5 fix, poll results in admin, pollbooth_v2.2b, price_match_1_2, product_listing_MS2, Products_Short_Descriptions_V1_02, Prof_Invoice&PackingSlip_v0.2, queries_debug-v1.6, randomalsopurchased, RandomNewProducts1.1, Restore Inventory On Void Order - ver.1.0, ReviewAvg, Reviews_in_Product_Display_v1.0, salesReportV2U6, select_specials_1.0.6, ship2pay_1.5, Specials on Default, Stars, stats_low_stock.php

these are all the contrib i used. Keep in mind that all of these have been drammaticaly modified and that i've written thousant of lines of code on my own ;)

One thing that I always tend to look into is uniformity. Maybe it's just something I do, but..

I would recommend setting your entire pages to a set width, like 768, so that no matter what someone's resolution is, they see the page just like anyone else. 800x600 is probably the lowest resolution you should care, so 768 will work perfect. And center the page, I hate pages that are all left justified, feels awkward for me.

But.. I think overall the site is a very good version of osc stock layout. The colors are great and the site is nicely designed.

Thx for the advice! I really don't like "small" site... i've checked the log for my server and the 95% of the user connected have 1024x768 or bigger, so i've started to design my site based on the 1024x768 format, and dinamic for bigger resolution. And the box and the page ARE centered ;)

great graphics! the page is very fast. i like the buttons very much. did you made them yourself, with which program??? i like the way products are displayed, how did you that? with a contribution? best regards/quote]

i made almost everything by myself with photoshop cs 2 and a icon librari like IconeXperience. For the Products dysplayed page u mean the product info page or the products list page?

how did you do specials on top of subcategory??? contribution?

Special is a contribution mentioned above modified to fit my needs. Do you like it?

Site looks very nice, I have one question though, How did you get the vote box in there is there a contrib for it or did you write your own code for it I would like to put somethin like that on my site. Again it looks great.

Site looks very nice, I have one question though, How did you get the vote box in there is there a contrib for it or did you write your own code for it I would like to put somethin like that on my site. Again it looks great.

The contrib i used is Poll Both, very nice and easy to install. bye bye

yes, i did it again!

This is version 5.0 of my site....

I've been using oscommerce for about 3 years now, and it's so far the best OS i've never used!

Check my site and hit hard on me!

I'm thinking about releasing the source code of my site, without any graphics nor DB. Do you think it will be usefoul?

Very nice site. Are you still thinking of releasing your source code ? If yes, I would be very pleased to know how can I get it.

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

yes, i did it again and again!

This is version 5.5 of this shop.

Check the new mod and let me know what do you think!

I've added some ajax routines (shopping chart and search box) and a lot of minor changes. I'd like to know what the community have to say.

My site

L8r!

• 1 month later...

I too like your design. Simple and professional.

One problem (I'm on a 1024x768) and when I get to a category with subcategories your layout breaks. I loose the whole right column.

Your menu is nice but with javascript turned off it becomes a never ending scroll as it does not collapse. And you get a copyright notice above your header. And your header menu disappears completely.

Not sure if you planned it but your gradient gray bar attached to the header is shorter on the left side than on the right. The ajax shopping cart is very nice (wish my host supported ajax).

Went through to the log-in page and discovered that you don't have SSL. No matter how lovely your site looks I won't give you my information if it's not protected.

Overall very nice design.

Sheri

• 3 years later...

Archived