• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTTP_REFERER Referral 1.0, Add referer to Order page

dogpaw

I've installed the following contribution (HTTP_REFERER Referral 1.3)(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2203/page,2).

I keep getting the referrer as another page within the same OSC site. I'm using a plain HTML test page on one of the my other websites to link to this OSC site.

It's on 2.2ms2

I found the announcement thread but can't find a support thread. Anyone have experience with this? The important usage of this contrib is for a site I built for a client who needs to track number of products sold on his site for customers who arrived from a banner ad elsewhere. The banner ad site requires a portion of the sales.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I now got it working for me, I can test it and in all cases I get a proper url stored.

I have not yet seen any orders made, but I know that now works.

I had to put the

if (!$referer_url) {
if ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER']) {
	$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];
  session_register('referer_url'); 
}
}

a couple of times more in the aplication top.

if .... session_start

code

elsif ... session_start

code

else .... session_start

code

now I always get the referer stored if present.

I personaly removed the if ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER']) {} signs so that if a referer is not present (opening from favorites, newsletter and so on) there is not a page from my own site stored instead.

I do see online users without a referer a lot though, but I am unable to reproduce this behaviour. I can only reproduce this on a single page opened from my favorites or from a newsletter (outlook).

ps. I am running on 2.2ms2 as well.

Edited by jdvb

• 4 weeks later...
I now got it working for me, I can test it and in all cases I get a proper url stored.

I have not yet seen any orders made, but I know that now works.

I had to put the

if (!$referer_url) {
if ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER']) {
	$referer_url = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];
  session_register('referer_url'); 
}
}

a couple of times more in the aplication top.

if .... session_start

code

elsif ... session_start

code

else .... session_start

code

now I always get the referer stored if present.

I personaly removed the if ($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER']) {} signs so that if a referer is not present (opening from favorites, newsletter and so on) there is not a page from my own site stored instead.

I do see online users without a referer a lot though, but I am unable to reproduce this behaviour. I can only reproduce this on a single page opened from my favorites or from a newsletter (outlook).

ps. I am running on 2.2ms2 as well.

How did you do it exactly?