• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CCGV Discount Coupon Redemption Difficulty

jimormsbee

I'm new to osCommerse as of 12/15/05. I just activated my site which was based on an AlgoZone template but with heavy graphical modifications. I installed CCGV 5.16 and AlgoZone's Fraud Screen. I am using Authorize.Net as my merchant account gateway. Everything is working to near perfection so far with one exception.

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I could not find it in my search. My problem involves the redemption of discount coupons during the checkout procedure. If a coupon code is entered and the 'Redeem' button is clicked with no credit card information entered, the following message appears:

Errors have occurred during the process of you form.

Please make the following corrections.

"The credit card number must be at least 10 characters."

This is no surprise as the number was not even entered. If 'OK' is clicked, the screen refreshes with the discount coupon shown as accepted. The credit card info can now be entered, and the checkout procedure continues normally.

Now if the credit card info and the discount coupon code are entered together initially, no error appears, but the screen refreshes with the credit card info removed. The discount coupon is accepted, but the credit card info has to be re-entered. The checkout procedure continues normally.

What I don't want the customer to see is the error dialog box. I would prefer that the credit card info is retained if entered but this is not as critical. Any suggestions? If anyone would like to look at my site, I can send it to you in a PM. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have also been experiencing some problems with the CCGV module. But my problem is that some of the features listed does not exist after my install.

Firstly, if I read the Coupon FAQ, it states that there is suppose to be a menu to buy and redeem vouchers on the Cart. But it doesn't exist.

Could anyone tell me which packages in the CCGV contribution I should install and in which order?

Thanks

Hi, I have also been experiencing some problems with the CCGV module. But my problem is that some of the features listed does not exist after my install.

Firstly, if I read the Coupon FAQ, it states that there is suppose to be a menu to buy and redeem vouchers on the Cart. But it doesn't exist.

Could anyone tell me which packages in the CCGV contribution I should install and in which order?

Thanks

I'm right there too :blink:

If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

(I think its going to be a long day)

With all do respect, I suspect the original poster and myself would appreciate this thread being left for its original intent...to discuss the credit card issue with coupon redemption. So many of these threads get out of control with the topic straying off into lala land. I appreciate that you all are unable to find some of the options specified with the install but please start a new thread.

Toodles

WE HAVE A SOLUTION!!!

It is a contribution under Credit Class & Gift Voucher posted by "aviram" on 24 Feb 06. It's his 1st contribution so the format is just a little hard to follow. You make all the changes yourself in several programs. I tested it and it WORKS!

:D

I currently have version 5.10b. I would like to update this contrib to 5.16 along with the other patches and updates as well. But I realize these updates and rollups were mainly for version 5.16.

What is the best way to update my CCGV from 5.10b to 5.16.

I am using the latest osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113.

Thank you in Advance.

My problem is the following.

I have already heavily customized the source. And there is no guide to tell you how to install without overwriting the original files. I have tried to copy all the changes from the CCGV source files, but I must have missed some, cause my admin was totally screwed up. Coupons worked though.

Anyone know of a guide to install the CCGV code without overwriting?

Thanks

Sorry I'm also out of topic, but this is a general tip for all CCGV users and osCommerce users in general:

Use a file compare program to make your changes! On one side you have the 'clean' osC files delivered with the contribution and on the other side you have your shop. You can see the differences and make the necessary updates line by line if needed. I can't think working without this kind of tool. I'm using Beyond Compare from Scooter Software and it's great.

- Rigadin

Sorry I'm also out of topic, but this is a general tip for all CCGV users and osCommerce users in general:

Use a file compare program to make your changes! On one side you have the 'clean' osC files delivered with the contribution and on the other side you have your shop. You can see the differences and make the necessary updates line by line if needed. I can't think working without this kind of tool. I'm using Beyond Compare from Scooter Software and it's great.

- Rigadin

This is off topic, but I agree; and I started the topic. It applies to the implemention of these changes and any others where you have made modifications. I myself am cheap. I use the freebie "WinDiff". If you're not involved in a lot of development, this is probably sufficient.

Jim

• 3 months later...

I am having trouble redeeming my discount coupons:

I have successfully installed CCGV without any major problems. HOWEVER, I am having a very strange problem that I cannot for the life of me figure out.

On the checkout_payment.php page, upon entering a Gift Voucher that is either valid or invalid, i should get an error saying "Invalid Gift Voucher Code" in a red box error message box. I get the red error box, but no text is in it! However, in the URL, It says: /checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_gv&error=Invalid+Gift+Voucher+Code

Why doesn't this error display in the error box for me?

This happens when I enter a valid coupon code as well....

Has anyone had this problem?

I have searched through this massive fourm and have yet to find the someone with the same problem.

I would appreciate any help at all.

Thanks.