• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Specials_Module

surfalot

i don't know what "sppc" is. can you be more specific?

Dear surfalot':

Sorry..."sppc" is "Seperate Pricing Per Customer" at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,716

This mod alllows the site owner to assign customers to seperate groups and then give different pricing per product for each group.

Thank very very very much for your reply.

Sophina

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hi,

1. How do I removed the small arrow_right.gif on the special box title heading? My featured and new products box dont have the arrow, and I find it weird to have one arrow on the special box...

2. How do I assigned the colour of the special box in stylesheet? When I change the colour of the infobox, the colour of my login box (another contribution I installed) changes as well.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

hi,

1. How do I removed the small arrow_right.gif on the special box title heading? My featured and new products box dont have the arrow, and I find it weird to have one arrow on the special box...

2. How do I assigned the colour of the special box in stylesheet? When I change the colour of the infobox, the colour of my login box (another contribution I installed) changes as well.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

1. Find in /catalog/includes/modules/product_specials.php:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,false,false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

change to:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,false,false);

2. The content box this contrib uses should be the same style as the main New Products box. changing one will change all others. the current box formatting should be controlled by this stylesheet.css entry:

.infoBox {

}

the current box header is controlled by this stylesheet entry:

TD.infoBoxHeading {

}

You could create a new extended class just for the specials box if you want it to look unique.

Edited by surfalot

1. Find in /catalog/includes/modules/product_specials.php:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,false,false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

change to:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents,false,false);

2. The content box this contrib uses should be the same style as the main New Products box. changing one will change all others. the current box formatting should be controlled by this stylesheet.css entry:

.infoBox {

}

the current box header is controlled by this stylesheet entry:

TD.infoBoxHeading {

}

You could create a new extended class just for the specials box if you want it to look unique.

Thanks! Problem one solved! Problem 2 I just changed everything to one colour...so basically solved at the moment... :D

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Todd:

I have installed your New Products box contribution and I might have done something wrong?

I have double checked everything and I can't find where I went wrong.

The specials module is in my Admin, I can control some of the options but when I put true to put box in the main catalog page I cannot get it going. Any ideas whrer I may check for this problem?

It works fine on the catagories page, I can control the amount, I can control the lines but Icanot get on the Main catalog page.

Please advise if you have any ideas as to where I may look first.

Thank you in advance, Rui

I can control the lines but Icanot get on the Main catalog page.

did you put the code in all three places as the instructions state?

OPEN catalog/index.php

Find in 2 places:

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

add before each:

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_SPECIALS); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

Also find in 1 place:

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>

</tr>

add after:

<?php

/* Begin: Product Specials */

if (SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS_LIST=='true') {

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

/* End: Product Specials */ ?>

All the changes in the index file where correct but I did them again anyway. It still do not work. Any other ideas?

I pasted my index with all the chenges in case you want to check it. Could there be any where else that the problem migth be?

I also have instaled categories block contribution but I don't think that affects it because it does not touch in any of these scripts.

please help, Thanks

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php

$category_depth = 'top';

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {

$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);

if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'products'; // display products

} else {

$category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);

if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories

} else {

$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message

}

}

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<?php

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<?php

if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {

// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category

$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);

for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

if ($categories['total'] < 1) {

// do nothing, go through the loop

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in

}

}

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {

$rows++;

$cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);

$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';

echo ' <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {

echo ' </tr>' . "\n";

echo ' <tr>' . "\n";

}

}

// needed for the new products module shown below

$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;

?>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php

} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

// create column list

$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,

'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,

'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,

'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,

'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,

'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();

reset($define_list);

while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {

if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;

}

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {

switch ($column_list[$i]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';

break;

}

}

// show the products of a specified manufacturer

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {

// We are asked to show only a specific category

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";

} else {

// We show them all

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";

}

} else {

// show the products in a given categorie

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {

// We are asked to show only specific catgeory

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

} else {

// We show them all

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

}

}

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {

$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";

break;

}

}

} else {

$sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);

$sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

$listing_sql .= ' order by ';

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

}

}

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<tr>

<?php

// optional Product List Filter

if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {

$filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";

} else {

$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";

}

$filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);

if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {

echo ' <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);

$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));

} else {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);

$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));

}

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);

while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {

$options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);

}

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');

echo '</form></td>' . "\n";

}

}

// Get the right image for the top-right

$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';

$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$image = $image['manufacturers_image'];

} elseif ($current_category_id) {

$image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$image = $image['categories_image'];

}

?>

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

/* Begin: Product Specials */

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

/* End: Product Specials */ ?>

</table></td>

<?php

} else { // default page

?>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php if (CATEGORIES_BLOCK=="true") { ?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_CATEGORIES); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr><?php } ?>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Doah! >_< You see the bolded code below, you placed the specials module code within a condition from another contribution.

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr><?php } ?>

<tr>

</tr>

If you followed the instruction "carefully" ;) it would look like it is below. It goes above the "New Products" code, not above the "New Categories contribution" code. :thumbsup:

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr><?php } ?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

Edited by surfalot

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi,

firstly thanks for a great contribution!

I've installed it, and it all works fine, except now i want to disable the box on the index/main page.

I've tried turning this off via the admin section, but it refuses to go. I can turn it on and off at will for products info pages and the other locations, but for some reason now i can't shift it from the front page!

Any ideas?

Wow, I can't believe that wasn't found until now.

you can fix that like this:

Find in catalog/index.php (2 places):

<tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>

--------------------------------

replace the first occurrence:

--------------------------------

<?php 
/* Begin: Product Specials  */ 
if (SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATEGORIES=='true') {
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
<?php 
}
/* End: Product Specials  */ ?>

-----------------------------------------

replace the second occurrence with:

<?php 
if (SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATALOG='true') {
?>

<tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
<?php 
}

done!

Brilliant - it now works, but there is a small typo in your script. In the 2nd chunk of code

if (SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATALOG='true') {

should read

if (SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATALOG=='true') {

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great contribution, and it's the first one I have used. Hopefully they all work this good!

Quick question...

In my stylesheet.css code, I have the following...

TD.infoBoxHeading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
 font-weight: bold;
 background-image: url(images/infoboxhead.gif);
 height:33px;
 color: #ffffff;
}

I don't want the 'Specials' title to be clickable since there is an arrow that will lead to all the specials. What code do I need to change in order to make the text not clickable? Thanks for the help!

See www.pm-fl.com/catalog for what I have done.

I don't want the 'Specials' title to be clickable since there is an arrow that will lead to all the specials. What code do I need to change in order to make the text not clickable? Thanks for the help!

See www.pm-fl.com/catalog for what I have done.

Just to update, I was able to fix the clickable text by using some code from new_products.php. :D

I believe this is where you are talking about...

find this instruction in the More Pics installation

Also find in catalog/index.php (1 place):

<tr>
  </tr>

----------
add after:
----------

<?php 
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
<?php 
}

move the added code to ABOVE the block you searched for instead of below.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

You will have to excuse me for being stupid and not seeing proberbly a very simple mistake,

but have you any idea why I am getting this error? :

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCT_SPECIALS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cyclesc/public_html/shop/index.php on line 344

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCT_SPECIALS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cyclesc/public_html/shop/index.php on line 344

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCT_SPECIALS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cyclesc/public_html/shop/index.php on line 344

Thanks

sure can... you missed this step in the install directions:

---------------------------------------

OPEN catalog/includes/filenames.php

Add to end just before the last ?> line

---------------------------------------

// EOF: Product Specials Module v1.0

define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_SPECIALS', 'product_specials.php');

// EOF: Product Specials Module v1.0