• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Re-Submit Order for Payment

Naegle

I have a "Request for Quote" module that allows a customer to submit their order for a shipping quote. I've installed "Order Editor" so I can then update the shipping cost feild etc.

NOW... I would like to have the customer login and confirm the order, which would then be processed through the Payment on check out. That way I dont have to take the payment info directly from the customer.

I realize the shopping cart and order history are two diffrent systems. Could this be done? Any ideas how?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

HELP from anyone with experienced with the checkout process

I have made some progress with the help of the reorder contribution...however, I still need some direction on the importing the shipping info.

My thought process is this.

1) Customer submits the order as a "Request for Quote"

2) The store owner updates the order with the appropriate charges using "Order Editor"

3) The order status is updated to "Quotation" which enables that ...

4) The customer can now log in to his account history, view the order, and then confirm, which takes him back through the checkout

5) This info goes straight to the payment window of the checkout.

HERE's where I'm stuck. Everything works up until this point, but I can't seem to import the updated figures. It only pulls the prices as the shown in the catalog. [/u]I need to query the prices from the invoice and ALSO the updated shipping info.

Would anyone have any suggestions? I can post my code so far, but I'd really apreciate some advice from anyone experienced in PHP. This is a project I've had alot of members ask for, but its really pushing my limits.

Thanks to any response...DAN :thumbsup:

HELP from anyone with experienced with the checkout process

I have made some progress with the help of the reorder contribution...however, I still need some direction on the importing the shipping info.

My thought process is this.

1) Customer submits the order as a "Request for Quote"

2) The store owner updates the order with the appropriate charges using "Order Editor"

3) The order status is updated to "Quotation" which enables that ...

4) The customer can now log in to his account history, view the order, and then confirm, which takes him back through the checkout

5) This info goes straight to the payment window of the checkout.

HERE's where I'm stuck. Everything works up until this point, but I can't seem to import the updated figures. It only pulls the prices as the shown in the catalog. [/u]I need to query the prices from the invoice and ALSO the updated shipping info.

Would anyone have any suggestions? I can post my code so far, but I'd really apreciate some advice from anyone experienced in PHP. This is a project I've had alot of members ask for, but its really pushing my limits.

Thanks to any response...DAN :thumbsup:

the re-order contribution only adds products from a previous order back into the shopping cart, processing from there is bau.

if you already recorded an order and then wish to re-activate it so that only the payment is processed on it, then you have a lot more re-creation/backward re-engineering to do.

Personally I would make a side-path when going to checkout shipping and in a separate function retrieve all the data from the previous order , prices, shipping payment and overwrite the order, shipping and payment objects with those figures and from there move directly to checkout confirmation.

As such you would probably not even need/want the re-order contribution.

Treasurer MFC

the re-order contribution only adds products from a previous order back into the shopping cart, processing from there is bau.

if you already recorded an order and then wish to re-activate it so that only the payment is processed on it, then you have a lot more re-creation/backward re-engineering to do.

Personally I would make a side-path when going to checkout shipping and in a separate function retrieve all the data from the previous order , prices, shipping payment and overwrite the order, shipping and payment objects with those figures and from there move directly to checkout confirmation.

As such you would probably not even need/want the re-order contribution.

Amanda,

Thank you for your response and suggestions. I’m finding allot of re-engineering on this project. This weekend I created a separate checkout process for RFQs, but I'm learning just how complicated the process is.

I still need to pass through the payment window before confirmation so the customer can input their credit card info.

The logic I can’t seem to decipher is how the shipping and payment variables are stored and retrieved during the checkout process. If I could modify the retrieval to source from the invoice, I think a modified checkout would work.

Dan

Edited by Naegle

Amanda,

Thank you for your response and suggestions. I?m finding allot of re-engineering on this project. This weekend I created a separate checkout process for RFQs, but I'm learning just how complicated the process is.

I still need to pass through the payment window before confirmation so the customer can input their credit card info.

The logic I can?t seem to decipher is how the shipping and payment variables are stored and retrieved during the checkout process. If I could modify the retrieval to source from the invoice, I think a modified checkout would work.

Dan

well, for re-engineering, the best way is always start with the datastore. So create such a quote order and track in your database where everything is stored, how and how they relate to eachother. There are only a few tables for the order so that is not that difficult. The tricky part comes when you have to extract that data and recreate the runtime objects.

shipping and payment is basically stuffed in the orders_total table with the class field as reference as to what each row per order represents: ot_shipping, ot_total, ot_subtotal, etc.

Treasurer MFC

• 4 weeks later...
I have a "Request for Quote" module that allows a customer to submit their order for a shipping quote. I've installed "Order Editor" so I can then update the shipping cost feild etc.

NOW... I would like to have the customer login and confirm the order, which would then be processed through the Payment on check out. That way I dont have to take the payment info directly from the customer.

I realize the shopping cart and order history are two diffrent systems. Could this be done? Any ideas how?

Thanks

Hi Dan,

I am very interested in the kind of order proces you are working on. I am afraid I am not able to help you as I am not very familiar with php. I would however be happy to download your contribution once you finish it. So I was just curious to know if you made any progress with it.

Thanks and good luck.

Cheers,

Wouter