• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Process email

edukes

Hello,

How can I add a simple 'Thank you' to the 'order process' email the customer receives after checkout?

I tried defining it in /includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php as 'EMAIL_TEXT_BODY' and /admin/orders.php on line 50 as . EMAIL_TEXT_BODY . "\n" .

Didn't work....

TIA

try to append it as a string to the $email_order variable in catalog\checkout_process.php file Or you could modify the existing strings there.

// lets start with the email confirmation
 $email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . 
			 "\r\nTnank you for your order! \r\n\r\n Have a wonderful day!\r\n" .
			 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
			 EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

try to append it as a string to the $email_order variable in catalog\checkout_process.php file Or you could modify the existing strings there.

// lets start with the email confirmation
 $email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . 
			 "\r\nTnank you for your order! \r\n\r\n Have a wonderful day!\r\n" .
			 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . 
			 EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

When I send an order, it says my store name at the beginning of the email. Is there a way I can put the customer's name followed by a comma? I know you have to change the "$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . " to something else. I want it to look like this:

John Doe,

Congratulations! You have just made a purchase! Thank you for your order!

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 9

Detailed Invoice: https://www.website.com/catalog/account_his....php?order_id=9

Date Ordered: Monday 13 February, 2006

When I send an order, it says my store name at the beginning of the email. Is there a way I can put the customer's name followed by a comma? I know you have to change the "$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" . " to something else. I want it to look like this:

John Doe,

Congratulations! You have just made a purchase! Thank you for your order!

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 9

Detailed Invoice: https://www.website.com/catalog/account_his....php?order_id=9

Date Ordered: Monday 13 February, 2006

I tried with no luck...anybody know what to do? Thanks!

I never had a chance to try it out. Kinda got side-tracked.

I'm surprised there isn't a mod or contrib for this. It's kind of a bland email a customer recieves in response to his/her purchase. It could/should be a lot better.

i have the fast easy checkout contribution, but i want to add a line about contest... how can i add that to the email so BOTH (registered & non registered customers) receive the notice about a contest?

(the fec unregister message uses the same file: checkout_process.php)

i have the fast easy checkout contribution, but i want to add a line about contest... how can i add that to the email so BOTH (registered & non registered customers) receive the notice about a contest?

(the fec unregister message uses the same file: checkout_process.php)

I would like all outgoing emails to the customer (invoice/order confirmation, change in order status emails (pending, processing, delivered etc.) to begin with the customer first and last name followed by a comma, and a blank line. Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks!

Archived