• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP!! COOKIE USAGE is killing me!!!

zerotoolkit

We are going live within 10 days and I keep running into the issue of COOKIE USAGE being enabled; however, cookies have been Activated on multiple browsers on both Mac & PC's.

We have been told it is because we are using a Shared SSL offered by the hosting company. We are also using PayPal's Web Pro module for payments.

WHAT CAN I DO!!!???

Again, cookies are set to accept but we don't know what to do!

Is there a fix/work around this issue or a Contribution we can use to solve this problem???

Please help.

We are going live within 10 days and I keep running into the issue of COOKIE USAGE being enabled; however, cookies have been Activated on multiple browsers on both Mac & PC's.

We have been told it is because we are using a Shared SSL offered by the hosting company. We are also using PayPal's Web Pro module for payments.

WHAT CAN I DO!!!???

Again, cookies are set to accept but we don't know what to do!

Is there a fix/work around this issue or a Contribution we can use to solve this problem???

Please help.

stop forcing cookies

Treasurer MFC

if you get the cookie usage page, you force cookies, it's that simple.

ok, let's try this a different way ... how would we check to see if we have cookies forced? is this a browser thing or a cookie_usage.php or includes/filenames.php thing?

thanks

ok, let's try this a different way ... how would we check to see if we have cookies forced? is this a browser thing or a cookie_usage.php or includes/filenames.php thing?

thanks

admin->sessions->force cookie use->false/true

Treasurer MFC

well now ... that certainly seems to have helped a great deal! thank you! YOU ARE A GODDESS!

but now it opened up another problem: disapearing shopping cart items. how do i fix this issue?

session loss which can be caused by many things.

Treasurer MFC

we just set up our cart and having the exact same problem.

we set force cookies to 'false' and now set search engine to 'true'

but when ordering an item, cart contents page gives error: 'unable to determine page link'

how do we get the software to see the cookies, or recognize customers (without cookies), or get the page link determined?

thank u

we just set up our cart and having the exact same problem.

we set force cookies to 'false' and now set search engine to 'true'

but when ordering an item, cart contents page gives error: 'unable to determine page link'

how do we get the software to see the cookies, or recognize customers (without cookies), or get the page link determined?

thank u

turn off search engine safe url's as it is unnecessary and mostly the cause of many problems, like yours.

check your cookie settings in configure.php because there the problems with cookies not being accepted mostly originate.

in any case, if cookies are not set, for whatever reason, and you do not force cookies (and you cannot force cookies on a shared SSL and I would advice against it at all times), then the session id should be visible attached to your link addresses.

but without a link to check, in your case(s) it remains speculation.

Treasurer MFC

turn off search engine safe url's ...check your cookie settings in configure.php... (and you cannot force cookies on a shared SSL and I would advice against it at all times), then the session id should be visible attached to your link addresses.

Yes, these three things did the trick, many thanks :D

• 2 months later...
well now ... that certainly seems to have helped a great deal! thank you! YOU ARE A GODDESS!

but now it opened up another problem: disapearing shopping cart items. how do i fix this issue?

Hi,

I dont understand, is "sessions" a directory or sessions.php...?

can someone please specify exact path for the sessions.....?

and I tried searching force cookie use and i cant find it anywhere.

Your help is much appreciated guys.

Thanks alot in advance.

Waiting for your reply. :rolleyes:

Hi,

I dont understand, is "sessions" a directory or sessions.php...?

can someone please specify exact path for the sessions.....?

and I tried searching force cookie use and i cant find it anywhere.

Your help is much appreciated guys.

Thanks alot in advance.

Waiting for your reply. :rolleyes:

Amanada already posted how to find the setting for forcing cookies

admin->sessions->force cookie use->false/true

Set To False

If you are on a shared sever you should set your sessions in the database, to do this find the last line of your configure.php file and set to mysql

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??