• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Just Opened - Feedback Please!

mmier

I recently opened up my oscommerce store. I?m looking for some feedback from everyone. Right now I the product pictures are the only thing I?m aware of that aren?t up to par. Pick the site part and let me know what you all find.

MindSlayer Sauces - Hot Sauce, Salsa, Mustards & BBQ Sauce

Thank you in advance for your help.

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

New Fields with Easy Populate

Remove Category Images

You seem to have thought of the details, and those small details do count. My overall impression is of "evil" sauces touching my tongue -not for everyone if you love spicy and interesting flavors ...Yummy. You have some great marketing verbage there.

Yes, I agree your pictures need to be better. Look at your competitors and see how they are setting up their product shots. Think high-end catalog.

Good luck!!

Sharon

I recently opened up my oscommerce store. I?m looking for some feedback from everyone. Right now I the product pictures are the only thing I?m aware of that aren?t up to par. Pick the site part and let me know what you all find.

you need to check your cookie settings

control your cart quantity field

it's the fastest site I have seen so far though.

Treasurer MFC

You seem to have thought of the details, and those small details do count. My overall impression is of "evil" sauces touching my tongue -not for everyone if you love spicy and interesting flavors ...Yummy. You have some great marketing verbage there.

Yes, I agree your pictures need to be better. Look at your competitors and see how they are setting up their product shots. Think high-end catalog.

Good luck!!

Sharon

I guess that overall ?evil? concept could work for and against me. The hotter of the sauces are well, HOT. But generally everything else is useable by people who like mild products as well.

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated.

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

you need to check your cookie settings

control your cart quantity field

it's the fastest site I have seen so far though.

in regards to the two mentioned above issues can you be a little more specific?

thanks for the speed compliment. I try to have all my sites load fast and generally they do. :thumbsup:

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

Mike, I looked thru your site and I'm ready to try your sauce. Great job.

My question is? Let?s say you are out of stock in T-shirts Pink/Salmon in XLARGE and Mint/Avocado MEDIUM and SMALL You?re good in everything else. How do you remove those selections from your catalogue? How can you just remove X-large in only the Pink / Salmon option?

http://mindslayer.com/hotsauce/merchandise...slayer.41561359

I am dealing with this issue and searching for a site that has a solution.

Again, great job on the site.

Best regards,

Micah

My question is? Let?s say you are out of stock in T-shirts Pink/Salmon in XLARGE and Mint/Avocado MEDIUM and SMALL You?re good in everything else. How do you remove those selections from your catalogue? How can you just remove X-large in only the Pink / Salmon option?

Best regards,

Micah

Micah, there is a contrib called QTYPro for that ... fabulous stuff, just lomgish install if your shop has been up a while. You'll need to reenter all stock, and it will use combinations of attributes ... groovy!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

in regards to the two mentioned above issues can you be a little more specific?

thanks for the speed compliment. I try to have all my sites load fast and generally they do. :thumbsup:

nice site :-)

before being forwarded to cafepress, some images didn't display though (buttons, pixel_trans etc). so check that.

also, the search box does not seem aligned ... on purpose?

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Displaying your shipping charges and payment methods is important - I don't do paypal, so if that is your only method of payment, then I would be wasting my time doing the registration. Same with finding out that shipping charges are high. This stuff should be mentioned up front. And, since you sell inexpensive, smaller items, maybe a purchase without account contrib would be a good idea.

I think that your images are too large - especially on the product listing pages and in the shopping cart. In fact some were larger than the enlarged images. Smaller thumbnails would make things look tighter.

A buy now button on the listing pages might be a good idea.

And, I don't know if I like the totally evil, skull and crossbones theme - from my experience, food should be respected and appreciated. The artwork for the labels is great and contemporary. But, maybe you could balance it with some "nice" labels for the milder items.

Kill it, grill it and spill it - kill the meat, grill the meat and spill the meat? It seems like you have put a ton of time into developing the logo and the brand image, so you probably aren't about to change it!

Sizes for the Postage Pal show like this: 2.55” x 1.55” sticker size - on a Mac (it will probably look fine in this post, but I'm seeing some pretty wierd characters). And, here's an example of a word with an apostrophe: He’s

Actually, I think that your site is great - it loads incredibly quickly and is tastefully done. I'm sorry for the criticism.

tony

The only thing I see that detracts from your overall site are the product images.

You can do better there- Set up a softbox, get proper lighting, and take some nice isolated shots instead of just cropping a snapshot of a jar on a shelf.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

Best regards,

Micah

I don?t have stock in any of the shirts you mention. I got through cafepress for all my merchandise. There was a contribution that allowed me to post my whole cafepress store into my site to make it more look like I actually had them.

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

Whats your shipping charges? I couldn't find that and some just won't go through the registration process to find out.

I do like the site (and I do like hot sauce!) :P

Point taken. We ship only via USPS and it?s all based on your location. Thanks for the heads up on this. That?s something I missed!!! :blush:

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

Displaying your shipping charges and payment methods is important - I don't do paypal, so if that is your only method of payment, then I would be wasting my time doing the registration. Same with finding out that shipping charges are high. This stuff should be mentioned up front. And, since you sell inexpensive, smaller items, maybe a purchase without account contrib would be a good idea.

I think that your images are too large - especially on the product listing pages and in the shopping cart. In fact some were larger than the enlarged images. Smaller thumbnails would make things look tighter.

A buy now button on the listing pages might be a good idea.

And, I don't know if I like the totally evil, skull and crossbones theme - from my experience, food should be respected and appreciated. The artwork for the labels is great and contemporary. But, maybe you could balance it with some "nice" labels for the milder items.

Kill it, grill it and spill it - kill the meat, grill the meat and spill the meat? It seems like you have put a ton of time into developing the logo and the brand image, so you probably aren't about to change it!

Sizes for the Postage Pal show like this: 2.55” x 1.55” sticker size - on a Mac (it will probably look fine in this post, but I'm seeing some pretty wierd characters). And, here's an example of a word with an apostrophe: He’s

Actually, I think that your site is great - it loads incredibly quickly and is tastefully done. I'm sorry for the criticism.

tony

Thanks for the feedback on the site. Criticism is exactly what I wanted. It helps make a site better because not everyone see things the same. So no apology is necessary.

Notes on shipping and payment have been taken and im in the process of adding those pages now.

Im also in the process of getting my products photographed by a professional photographer.

Kill It, Grill It , Spill it. Kill the meat, grill it, then spill the sauce on. : )

Thanks again for the feedback. Its appreciated.

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

The only thing I see that detracts from your overall site are the product images.

You can do better there- Set up a softbox, get proper lighting, and take some nice isolated shots instead of just cropping a snapshot of a jar on a shelf.

actually believe it or not, i scanned each individual bottle. im in the process now of getting some pro photos taken of each product.

thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

I recently opened up my oscommerce store. I'm looking for some feedback from everyone. Right now I the product pictures are the only thing I'm aware of that aren't up to par. Pick the site part and let me know what you all find.

When the ebay tab is selected the width of your store changes a bit.

I did not notice a privacy statement. You might want to remove the male female option on the create account page. I also think the suburb field is unneccesary.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Cool web site! I like it. I?m just curious whether you use any contribution, especially for the list on the left side of the page?

Holly,

Thanks for the compliment on the site.

Yes I did use MANY contributions for this site. Are you talking about all the different pages I have listed on the left??? I used a contribution that ive termed ?add a page?. I have a text document with all my details if you?re interested. It?s really simple.

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

Archived